Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Universal All Access Rewards Ending on June 30th, 2024

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-24, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 860 Likes on 631 Posts

I received this email today:
Dear Valued Members,

We regret to inform you that the Universal All-Access Rewards Program will be closing on June 30th, 2024 with points redemption opportunities remaining open until July 31st, 2024. We want to express our heartfelt gratitude for your loyalty and enthusiastic participation in our rewards program, which has been centered around our shared love for movies.

As we wind down the program, we encourage you to redeem your accumulated points by exploring the new rewards for March.

Please note the following important dates and information regarding the program’s closure:

1. Last Day to Earn Points: The last day to earn points is June 30th, 2024. We encourage you to make any planned movie purchases by this date to maximize your Points earning potential.

2. Last Day to Redeem Points: The last day to redeem points is July 31st, 2024. We encourage you to redeem any outstanding rewards points accumulated by this date. Any points not redeemed by this date will be forfeited.

3. Redeeming Your Points: You can continue to redeem points for rewards until July 31st, 2024. In a special final gesture, we're excited to announce that the last batch of free movie rewards, available in early June, will be significantly larger than usual, providing an extensive selection for you to choose from. This is our way of saying thank you and ensuring you have ample opportunity to enjoy a wide array of movies, making the most of your accumulated points. Stay tuned for more details.

4. Customer Support: Our customer service team is here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about this change. Whether you need help with redeeming your points or have questions about your account, we’re here to ensure a smooth transition.

We understand this may be disappointing news, and we want to extend our sincerest appreciation for your engagement with the Universal All-Access Rewards Program. Your passion for movies has made this program a wonderful journey, and we’re excited about what the future holds for our community.

Please expect further communications over the next few months regarding the closure to ensure you are fully informed. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please reach out to our Customer Support Team.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,
Universal All-Access Rewards Staff
Old 04-11-24, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Universal All Access Rewards Ending on June 30th, 2024

I got this email too. Had I known this, i could have redeemed a few iffy movies a few months past to get rid of my 38000 points.

I heard about this site way too late to late to start the free movie redemption. LOL
Old 04-11-24, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by nycdude
I got this email too. Had I known this, i could have redeemed a few iffy movies a few months past to get rid of my 38000 points.

I heard about this site way too late to late to start the free movie redemption. LOL
Yep, that's quite a few you've got to use up.

I just have 6-7k, I think. It's interesting the line in the e-mail about the extensive selection available in June. I'm likely to just wait until then and hope for the best.
Old 04-11-24, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 879 Likes on 397 Posts

I just redeemed 9, sitting at 36.7k now. I've mostly only been redeeming for 4k in the past, but I'll take anything now.
I couldn't log in when I got the email today, must've been getting hammered.
My points sat for a few years since I forgot about them. I forgot last month there were a couple of HD I was going to get.
Old 04-11-24, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts

I also got that email. Too bad it's getting canceled. But, I had a feeling the program was getting downgraded. They killed the ability to upload movie tickets to earn points and also killed the trivia games, watching trailers and polls that also helped earn points.

I have close to 6,500 points. I'll just try to use it up when they post the final June titles.
Old 04-12-24, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

I had 4700 points I had completely forgotten about for years. I rounded up a bunch of inserts lying around, and now I have 10K points. Didn't see anything I liked though, so I guess I'll have to hope the expanded June selection has enough interesting stuff.

I wonder how long until Sony Rewards gets canned? Maybe not as soon, since it services more than just movie purchases and rewards. I entered a bunch of codes lying around for that too last night, and now I have two free movies pending on that also.
Old 05-01-24, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

May Universal All Access Rewards Titles 1000 points each:

Agnes Brown
Antz
Backdraft 2 (4K)
Being Frank
Black Christmas (4K)
A Dog's Purpose (4K)
Don't Let Go
Final Account
Kicks
Loving
Raw
The Sparks Brothers (4K)

There's one month left. Make sure to try use up all your points before the rewards program ends.
Old 06-03-24, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the last month of titles:
Aliens Ate My Homework
All I Wish
Bathtubs over Broadway
Bee Movie
Bigger Fatter Liar
Bobbleheads: The Movie
The Breadwinner
Caravans
Born Racer
Chicken Run
Conor McGregor: Notorious
Cop and a Half: New Recruit
Dad's Army
The Dead Don't Die 4k
Death Race: Beyond Anarchy UR
Delirium
Don't Think Twice
Doom Annihilation
Dragon Heart Vengeance
Driven (2018)
Emanuel
Ethel and Ernest
An Evening with Beverly Luff
Faith Under Fire
Frank and Lola
Happy Death Day 4k
I am Duran
I Do...Until I Don't
In a Valley of Violence
Incarnate
Incarnate UR
J. T. Leroy
Jarhead Law of Return
Johnny English Strikes Again 4k
Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie
Joseph: King of Dreams
Justice
The Keeping Hours
Killing Hasselhoff
The Long Dumb Road
Mune: Guardian of the Moon
Ordinary World
The Ottoman Lieutenant
Palm Beach
Piercing
The Public
Roger Corman's Death Race 2050
SMART Chase
Safe Men
Session 9
Seven in Heaven
Shrek the Musical
Sleight
The Sparks Brothers
Stephanie
Sweetheart
Tales from the Hood 2
Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell
Tremors: Shrier Island
Trolls World Tour
Tyson's Run
Undercover Brother 2
Welcome to Sudden Death
Wish Upon a Unicorn
The World We Make
Zombillenium

Not many great ones. You can still earn points until June 30th. You need to redeem all your points by July 31st.
Old 06-04-24, 03:56 PM

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Just an FYI - Dragonheart Vengeance and Cop and a Half: New Recruit both redeem as the first Dragonheart and the Burt Reynolds Cop and a Half. I mean it's they're not great but at least those aren't DTV cash ins.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (06-04-24)
Old 06-04-24, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flansered
Just an FYI - Dragonheart Vengeance and Cop and a Half: New Recruit both redeem as the first Dragonheart and the Burt Reynolds Cop and a Half. I mean it's they're not great but at least those aren't DTV cash ins.
All right, well, I have 10,000 points to burn and there are only a few decent choices, so I selected Dragonheart as one of them. I hope they don't claw it back later and "fix" the mistake.

Also, here's a browsing hint. On the Rewards page, click the Filter Rewards in the upper-right corner, and choose "Digital Movie". Then it will load all of them at once, and you don't have to keep clicking "View More"
Old 07-02-24, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
I wonder how long until Sony Rewards gets canned? Maybe not as soon, since it services more than just movie purchases and rewards. I entered a bunch of codes lying around for that too last night, and now I have two free movies pending on that also.
End of June Apparently as they closed up much faster than Universal.
Old 07-02-24, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like the batch they put out in June is it. I swear I thought I read July would get either more or be different. Sitting with about 7500 points. Kinda wish they'd bring back other stuff that was available before. There are a lot in this batch that are meh.
PhantomStranger (07-02-24)
Old 07-06-24, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wiped out almost all of the remaining points on movies I'd likely never have picked up otherwise.

Used the last little bit on the download printables for the grands. Yet after downloading it seems what a waste of points for the printables. Tons of full color pictures. No way we are burning that much ink, even printing in Grayscale.

Only other thing more not worth it was the picture backgrounds. Got none of those. Sad to see another reward program go.
Old 07-06-24, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Sadly this rewards program ended on a complete thud. Used most of my remaining points on stuff that I wouldn’t even consider buying normally. What a waste.
Old 07-06-24, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
Looks like the batch they put out in June is it. I swear I thought I read July would get either more or be different. Sitting with about 7500 points. Kinda wish they'd bring back other stuff that was available before. There are a lot in this batch that are meh.
It was always June for the final batch of rewards. I posted about the closure in the first post of this thread and they said:
In a special final gesture, we're excited to announce that the last batch of free movie rewards, available in early June, will be significantly larger than usual, providing an extensive selection for you to choose from. This is our way of saying thank you and ensuring you have ample opportunity to enjoy a wide array of movies, making the most of your accumulated points. Stay tuned for more details.

It's too bad the majority of the June movies were awful.
BackStJoe (07-07-24)
Old 07-23-24, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last chance to redeem any points you might still have in your Universal Rewards account for movie codes (before July 31). You can pick any movie to redeem on Universal Rewards; it doesn't matter. The code that is generated that you receive can be used on Movies Anywhere for any movie from the list. Those codes are good through the end of September.
Old 07-24-24, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 908 Likes on 763 Posts

Well, if anyone has duplicate MA codes from this Rewards program they want to share, go right ahead.