Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Old 12-15-18, 12:09 AM
  #1  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Recently noticed that Safeway and affiliated stores has some solid gift card deals on their "Just 4 you" digital coupons at Safeway.com
Just register online and head to Just 4 you on their site.
They have all the various Happy Cards good at stores from Barnes and Noble to Cheesecake Factory and Buffalo Wild Wings and many others. They have 14 different deals giving $7.50 off $50 card or $7.50 off $75 card.You could do the deal for each happy or dine together card once. That deal is until 12/19 and then there is a best buy deal for $5 off two best buy cards until 12/23. Once you sign up they also give free food items or discounts on in store starbucks. They add new deals all the time.


Safeway has stores under various names around the country. Check their store locator.

Last edited by g; 12-15-18 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-02-20, 09:27 PM
  #2  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

They just added a really good digital coupon
for 7$ off a 50$ best buy gift card good until January 14.
Old 01-03-20, 12:04 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JoeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Banned
Posts: 2,474
Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

I know this might be a dumb question. But to be safe
does the deal or gift card expire on 01/14/20 ?

and thanks for posting.
Old 01-03-20, 04:08 AM
  #4  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

When you add the digital coupon on their website, you have until 1/14/20 to buy the gift card. I think, the gift card once you buy it never expires.
Old 07-18-22, 12:17 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

I noticed the Safeway app/website has personalized coupons available weekly that you have to opt-in to get.
Most of them are discounts on a specific product, but I've been getting other offers, like one reward for $30 spent.
That was a good deal, as you only needed to spend $30 instead of the usual $100 to get a reward,
but you needed to spend $30 in one trip to get it.

Lately, they upped the offer to two rewards for $40, which was an even better deal.
However, last week they upped it to where you need to spend $50 to get two rewards.

Normally, one reward is worth $1 (or 10 cents/gallon discount at some gas stations),
but if you can save them up, you can redeem 12 rewards for $20 off a future shopping trip...
Old 07-20-22, 07:59 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,112
Received 446 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by etching
Normally, one reward is worth $1 (or 10 cents/gallon discount at some gas stations),
but if you can save them up, you can redeem 12 rewards for $20 off a future shopping trip...
You spend enough there to accumulate 12 rewards? The points expire like every month, so I never accumulate enough to get more than 1 or 2 rewards.
Old 07-20-22, 04:19 PM
  #7  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

One time a couple months ago, they had a 20 $ netflix gift card as a reward for 12 rewards and I was able to save up for it. I think the points expire every other month. And they have the deals to spend so much to get 2 or 3 rewards.
Old 07-25-22, 01:04 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by g
One time a couple months ago, they had a 20 $ netflix gift card as a reward for 12 rewards and I was able to save up for it. I think the points expire every other month. And they have the deals to spend so much to get 2 or 3 rewards.
More specifically, the rewards expire a month after you earn one.
Problem is, leftover points reset at month's end, making it harder to earn a reward.

Yeah, you clean up on the special deals available when you log into your account every week.
I used to get one reward for $30, then they upped the ante to two rewards for $40,
which was a better deal. But last week they upped it again to two rewards for $50
Old 08-03-22, 12:16 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by etching
I used to get one reward for $30, then they upped the ante to two rewards for $40,
which was a better deal. But last week they upped it again to two rewards for $50
I got the 2 for $50 deal again last week. I also got the 3x bonus coupon, which triples the points you get.
So for 54 bucks, I got 54x3 (the triple) + 200 (2 rewards) = 362 points.
Old 08-07-22, 03:18 AM
  #10  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

You scored . They also got a deal in digital on meat and seafood this week . You get 5 off 25$ worth plus extra bonus points on it.
The following users liked this post:
etching (08-07-22)
Old 08-08-22, 07:04 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,766
Received 894 Likes on 719 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by etching
More specifically, the rewards expire a month after you earn one.
Problem is, leftover points reset at month's end, making it harder to earn a reward.

Yeah, you clean up on the special deals available when you log into your account every week.
I used to get one reward for $30, then they upped the ante to two rewards for $40,
which was a better deal. But last week they upped it again to two rewards for $50
The bullshit which grocery stores impose, and the complicated hoops to go through in order to get any good deals are absurd.

This type of garbage keeps them firmly in control, and "deals" can be revoked, expired, or taken away in one fell swoop. Even after you've gone through the complicated obstacle course in which to obtain them. And, opened your life up to them forever, in their contact tracing, snooping, and ads they will send you, which won't cease even when you've left this mortal coil.
Old 08-09-22, 12:57 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by zyzzle
This type of garbage keeps them firmly in control, and "deals" can be revoked, expired, or taken away in one fell swoop. Even after you've gone through the complicated obstacle course in which to obtain them. And, opened your life up to them forever, in their contact tracing, snooping, and ads they will send you, which won't cease even when you've left this mortal coil.
The part that irks me is that you only get a couple months to use a reward,
making it harder to accumulate them. Only thing they have of me is my email address,
which I use simply to get a weekly reminder to click on next week's coupons...
Old 01-30-23, 02:14 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Back in December, I got an offer for 7x reward points for the week.
I also got an offer for 2 rewards for $50.

So for $52 spent, I got 200 (2 rewards) + 364 (7x reward) = 564 points

Combined, that's almost 11x points for fifty bucks...Not bad!


Last edited by etching; 01-30-23 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-30-23, 09:40 PM
  #14  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

That's pretty good. They never offered me 7x points before. Remember to use the rewards fast as they probably expire tomorrow.
Old 01-31-23, 02:02 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by g
That's pretty good. They never offered me 7x points before. Remember to use the rewards fast as they probably expire tomorrow.
Yeah, that was the first time I got one bigger than 4x.
But maybe that was the last hurrah, because this month the 4x reward
is only on participating marked products only (blah)

I had so many rewards I used 12 for $20 last month and another 12 for $20
a couple weeks ago. Still got 8 rewards going into next month

BTW, they been having lately 3x rewards on Wednesdays only.
Problem is, I'm usually busy at work on Wednesdays so I keep missing it...
Old 04-09-24, 01:23 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
etching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,539
Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Safeway and Albertsons and affiliated stores deals

Originally Posted by TheBang
You spend enough there to accumulate 12 rewards? The points expire like every month, so I never accumulate enough to get more than 1 or 2 rewards.
Safeway just changed their rewards program this month.

Two big changes:

1) The redemption process was simplified.
You no longer need to redeem rewards, you simply redeem points instead.

2) Points expire at the end of two months, rather than one.
The difference now is that if you have less than 100 points at the end of the month,
it rolls over to the next month rather than expiring.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.