Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

LEGO: Back to the Future Delorean *LIVE* on lego.com ($34.99+$6 ship)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-13, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Title says it all.

Linky: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-DeLor...-machine-21103

No telling how popular it will be but if it's like the Minecraft set last year it could be hit or miss getting ahold of one before Christmas.
Old 08-01-13, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: LEGO: Back to the Future Delorean *LIVE* on lego.com ($34.99+$6 ship)

Now available on Amazon with free shipping.
Old 08-01-13, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Are we getting a video game too? Because that needs to happen.
Old 08-01-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Are we getting a video game too? Because that needs to happen.
Right now, it's just the DeLorean. There are no plans for a line at this time. It was Lego's choice this year for their fan-chosen Kickstarter project.

Most Lego lines nowadays are of current franchises so I don't see it happening since only the hardcore collector would get this. I couldn't see a 12 year-old today wanting the Hill Valley Town Square as a birthday present when Gotham City or something is next to it on the shelf.
Old 08-01-13, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Right now, it's just the DeLorean. There are no plans for a line at this time. It was Lego's choice this year for their fan-chosen Kickstarter project.

Most Lego lines nowadays are of current franchises so I don't see it happening since only the hardcore collector would get this. I couldn't see a 12 year-old today wanting the Hill Valley Town Square as a birthday present when Gotham City or something is next to it on the shelf.
True, but I think the video game would sell to older gamers. And if they have the license, even if its just for the DeLorean at this time, I would hope something could be worked out.
Old 08-01-13, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts

I heard they are working on more sets like Biff's car, Griff's car, and the Courthouse.
Old 08-01-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Is this likely to go up in value? How have similar Lego sets done after they sold out?
Old 08-01-13, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I heard they are working on more sets like Biff's car, Griff's car, and the Courthouse.
They now have the BTTF license at their disposal, but there's no line planned. It's just the time machine for the itme being. It's been one of their most requested properties to build a line on for years, so I supposse anything is possible.
Originally Posted by ben12
Is this likely to go up in value? How have similar Lego sets done after they sold out?
It's not going to pay for your kids college tuition, but you may make a return of about $75 or so around Christmas.
Old 08-01-13, 10:26 AM

It's not going to pay for your kids college tuition, but you may make a return of about $75 or so around Christmas.
Community college it is!
Old 08-01-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
Community college it is!
Well what's better? Learning from one Professor or the Community? This community doesn't count because we are ALL rich here and pick up chicks like it's going outta style.
Old 08-01-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Information about the Back to the Future set Flux Capacitor misspelling:
https://legocuusoo.uservoice.com/kno...uture-set-flux

Oops:
Spoiler:

I ordered one from Amazon.
Old 08-01-13, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Color me disappointed. It looks like something that's built by a 12 year old. Put a little more pieces into it, damn it. Even their beetles car or speed cruiser looks so much better.

Old 08-01-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

The only exception are the Star Wars stuff, and even the prequel releases are mainly because of the originally planned re-release of AotC. Well, that and the non-movie related DC Superheroes/Batman line. Though I'm sure once the new movies come out, the older stuff will disappear for a while.

It is kinda ugly, and I initially thought some of it was so that they wouldn't have to pay DeLorean for the license, but they're still using the name so I have no idea. But the minifigs alone may become sought after.
Old 08-01-13, 03:02 PM

As far as the Video Games, we got two Lego Indy games, and I'm pretty sure that's not one that kids were demanding, so I'm hopeful that's something we can get, now that they have the license.
Old 08-01-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
As far as the Video Games, we got two Lego Indy games, and I'm pretty sure that's not one that kids were demanding, so I'm hopeful that's something we can get, now that they have the license.
Didn't they make those because of the Indy sequel?

I mean, I'd love, say, some Ghost Busters, but I'm not sure they go back that often into older properties (though it seems like the number of Lego collectors has risen dramatically; consider the turmoil at SDCC)
Old 08-01-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

It's already on 30 day back order. Though, if you have a store nearby, it may be in stock there. Debating if I want it. It's a great idea, but kind of ugly. It seems that they include pieces so that you can make 3 designs, if I read right, which is nice...
Old 08-01-13, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
Color me disappointed. It looks like something that's built by a 12 year old. Put a little more pieces into it, damn it. Even their beetles car or speed cruiser looks so much better.

yeah, the design leaves a lot to be desired. It would have been a home run if it were designed like those cars, but I'll take what I can get.

My kids (7&9) LOVE BTTF. I'm sure they'd have a blast with a BTTF a line of sets.
Old 08-01-13, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

2" x 5" x 3"

teeny
Old 08-02-13, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to love LEGOs, but recently I started to hold back my purchases. I love the new mini-figures and the new product lines the company is branching out to. But I realized that all of the newer pieces are really diminishing the creativity level. LEGOs are meant to be "blocks" and "bricks," newer models don't have that traditional LEGO vibe.

What's worse is that I see more and more people buying LEGOs for "investment." To add to the injury, people in that group have to ask menial questions like "is this going to worth something? Is this set rare?" I hate people justify their purchases like that, just buy whatever you like, your passion! It's not the stock market...

I guess sometime it's not the hobby that turn you off, but it's the people around you liking the hobby for the wrong reason.
Old 08-04-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ocelot
But I realized that all of the newer pieces are really diminishing the creativity level. LEGOs are meant to be "blocks" and "bricks," newer models don't have that traditional LEGO vibe.
People have been leveraging that argument for probably 20 years.

Sure a ship's hull could be done with traditional pieces but it's going to be a ton more pieces to get the shape needed. More pieces = more $$.

Just stick to the Creator line. Those are traditionally done with mostly "bricks."
Old 08-05-13, 06:39 AM

I just don't care if this one will be valuable or not. I love BTTF and LEGO's so this was a must buy. It's not the car itself that will be the valuable part anyhow. It will be the Marty and Doc minifigs.
Old 08-05-13, 07:28 AM

I was helping my daughter buld the quinjet yesterday and I don't remember any of my sets from back in the day having techinc type pieces. IE the blocks with circular holes and all those plastic rod things.
Old 08-05-13, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
I used to love LEGOs, but recently I started to hold back my purchases. I love the new mini-figures and the new product lines the company is branching out to. But I realized that all of the newer pieces are really diminishing the creativity level. LEGOs are meant to be "blocks" and "bricks," newer models don't have that traditional LEGO vibe.

What's worse is that I see more and more people buying LEGOs for "investment." To add to the injury, people in that group have to ask menial questions like "is this going to worth something? Is this set rare?" I hate people justify their purchases like that, just buy whatever you like, your passion! It's not the stock market...

I guess sometime it's not the hobby that turn you off, but it's the people around you liking the hobby for the wrong reason.
I sympathize, man. It can be tough to get the toys you want sometimes because of speculators. But I like money. I don't pay enough attention to anything outside of the stuff I actually buy for fun, so I did see a rare opportunity to jump on something and make a quick buck.

That said, if speculators are ruining your enjoyment of the items you can get your hands on, you might not really like it to begin with! I've read comics my whole life and not even the speculator bubble bursting (and almost ending comics forever) in the late 90s hurt my enjoyment of reading comics.

And if it makes you feel any better, I didn't order any before they sold out. Oops!
Old 08-05-13, 10:01 AM

I am going to derail this thread even more.

http://lego.gizmodo.com/doh-official...014-1027329546

Simpsons legos! I havent watched an episode in like 5 years but still... simpsons legos!!!!
Old 08-05-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't they mean Simpsons Blockos?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.