Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Originally Posted by gp1086
How does that work? Does the kiosk have the future dates available (usually just today/tomorrow at the theaters I go to)? Or do you go to the counter to do it for future dates, midnight releases, etc.?

The way the 1/2 hour thing works is that you have 1/2 hour to purchase your ticket from the time you've checked-in at the theater on your smartphone. The ticket you purchase can be for any time. However, you can only purchase one ticket per day. To my knowledge, they are sticking to each movie only one time.
I would almost guarantee that they have no way of knowing what movie you actually bought tickets to. So you tell them you're going to see a movie, check in at the theater, they activate your card, you go to the counter or kiosk and buy any ticket for any time and date that you want. They only thing they would be able to verify is that you spent the money at the theater. The reason for the check in is to verify that you're actually at the theater before they activate your card. Since it's a pre-paid discover card, you could probably spend that money at the convenience store or anywhere, but if you did you'd probably get your membership cancelled pretty quick.

If you want to see a movie multiple times, tell moviepass you're going to see a movie that you know you never actually want to see, and buy tickets again for the movie you want to see.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 10-24-12 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-24-12, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey... Does anyone have any invites left.. Would love to give this a go..
Old 10-24-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Adil.Legacy
Hey... Does anyone have any invites left.. Would love to give this a go..
Yes. Just need your email address. Feel free to private message me.
Old 10-24-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I would almost guarantee that they have no way of knowing what movie you actually bought tickets to. So you tell them you're going to see a movie, check in at the theater, they activate your card, you go to the counter or kiosk and buy any ticket for any time and date that you want. They only thing they would be able to verify is that you spent the money at the theater. The reason for the check in is to verify that you're actually at the theater before they activate your card. Since it's a pre-paid discover card, you could probably spend that money at the convenience store or anywhere, but if you did you'd probably get your membership cancelled pretty quick.

If you want to see a movie multiple times, tell moviepass you're going to see a movie that you know you never actually want to see, and buy tickets again for the movie you want to see.
Can't really disagree with you there.
Old 10-24-12, 01:47 PM

Yes. Just need your email address. Feel free to private message me.
Thank you so much.. Seems like i have not been granted PM access yet...I will get it to you as soon as i figure out how to get enabled.
Old 10-24-12, 02:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Adil.Legacy
Thank you so much.. Seems like i have not been granted PM access yet...I will get it to you as soon as i figure out how to get enabled.
Try it now.
Old 10-24-12, 02:32 PM

Sweet.. Works.. Thank you so much X... Really appreciate it..
Old 10-25-12, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I would love an invite!
Old 10-25-12, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

clappj are you going to sign up for sure? I spelled out everything, even the price, on FB, and "lost" an invite to someone who was surprised it wasn't free Then I started spelling it out to everyone who requested an invite and another person also surprised it wasn't free. I have one for you But I want to make sure people are going to sign up. Thanks!
Old 10-26-12, 08:21 PM

Has anyone had any issues with this? I tried it earlier today and card got declined. I called in to customer service after I had left the theater and they told me it was a glitch in their system that they fixed and it shouldn't happen again. Just wondering if anyone else had run into such a problem.

BTW, have two invites if needed.
Old 10-26-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Has anyone had any issues with this? I tried it earlier today and card got declined. I called in to customer service after I had left the theater and they told me it was a glitch in their system that they fixed and it shouldn't happen again. Just wondering if anyone else had run into such a problem.

BTW, have two invites if needed.
Used it 3 times and has always worked for me. Sorry to hear about your issues.
Old 10-27-12, 02:22 PM

Got mine in the mail last night, registered it and took it to my local theater that they said it would work at. I was denied 3 times and gave up. I called the service number provided which was not hooked up to anything! Just got a robo voice telling me nothing was there. I sent them an email and I'm awaiting a reply. Hopefully since I didn't get a ticket I can just cancel the service. Its too bad I really like the concept.
Old 10-27-12, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How does that work? Does the kiosk have the future dates available (usually just today/tomorrow at the theaters I go to)? Or do you go to the counter to do it for future dates, midnight releases, etc.?
Go to Fandango.com and look for similar showtime between now and future dates (E.g. Friday 2pm ~ Thursday 2pm). Check-in for today's showtime (Saturday 2pm) then purchase your ticket for (Monday 2pm) at the kiosk.
Old 10-29-12, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ooooohhhhh I was wondering HOW that worked, purchasing for a future date. Got my card yesterday, using it today for the first time !!! =) Argo, here we come!
Old 10-29-12, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Went to the nearest theater, checked in, picked Alex Cross for tonight (I was on my way to work), "bought" Argo for tomorrow night at the ticket counter I was expecting an automated kiosk and that theater doesn't have them, so I got a little worried that it was a live person, but it all went smoothly. And my theater says that you can exchange that ticket up to showtime for any movie at any time in case you can't make it. Couldn't be more perfect. Sucks that you can only buy at the theater you checked into, there's one far away which still has Batman and The Expendables 2, guess that's two trips but at least I still get to see them on the big screen. Two within five minutes of home, one about 10 minutes away, one 10 minutes away from work, two half an hour away from home showing older stuff.

This is awesome! I have 6 invites but please only ask for one if you plan to sign up
Old 10-30-12, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Good to hear about the live sale. I don't think any of the theaters I've been to around here have automated kiosks.
Old 10-31-12, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw Argo tonight (AWESOME movie) and picked up Fun Size for tomorrow. Before doing so I joined AMC Stubs. Tickets are $10 each and every 10 movies I get $10 in AMC cash - tickets or concessions. Sadly there's just one AMC in town, but it's 10 mins away from home and work So they pay me a dollar per movie to go! Gonna hit every movie they have even if people say it sucks lol So I can pretty much make the membership back or most of it every single month (don't know if there's 30 movies cycled per month). Right now they have 10 movies. $12 to join for the year BUT that's applied towards your first $100. Sadly I didn't join before yesterday's movie. Have to go see what Regal and Century have going on....

Me likey! And I can check in and select the movie from the car, and then just walk in and pick up a ticket. It's a little theater that has a parking lot right next to the window, no long walks, and on the way to work. There was just me and two other people there, I'm rethinking this save tickets for the weekend deal and gonna try to do as many weekday movies as I can.

Edit - Regal has a club also! You get one point per dollar spent per ticket, so of course I'm gonna try to go when they're most expensive lol First $50 (which if AMC tickets are any indication could be as little as five movies) free popcorn, second $50 free drink, third $50 free movie ticket, and it just cycles over and over again. I like AMC rewards better but I may as well have them run the card. Theater ~10 minutes away from home.

Century doesn't have any rewards.

By the way, Fun Size says NO PASSES online but it worked. Because it's just like using your credit card!

This is the greatest invention since sliced bread

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-31-12 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-31-12, 03:32 AM

I went to see Silent Hill: Revelation ETX 3D with unused code and check-in/purchased Cloud Atlas 2D with MoviePass. I'm tired of watching movie. LOL
Old 10-31-12, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How did you watch it again? "Unused code" ?
Old 10-31-12, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
How did you watch it again? "Unused code" ?
I redeemed code online at DMR for Frankenweenie.
Old 10-31-12, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oooohhh with the Frankenweenie you watched for free? Wonder if I'll get that code.
Old 10-31-12, 06:27 AM

Oooohhh with the Frankenweenie you watched for free? Wonder if I'll get that code.
I owned The Nightmare before Christmas 3D.
Old 11-04-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've had it for one whole week now. Watched Argo, Flight, and Taken 2 (3 tickets, took mom and sister), have a ticket to go watch Wreck-It Ralph on Thursday, and $5 in movie rewards.
Old 11-04-12, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had it for one whole week now. Watched Argo, Flight, and Taken 2 (3 tickets, took mom and sister), have a ticket to go watch Wreck-It Ralph on Thursday, and $5 in movie rewards.
Yep - I've more than gotten my money's worth from it (and racked up nice rewards).
Old 11-08-12, 12:02 PM

i have been watching moviepass for about a year now and i stil have not received an invite. I would love to ty it if anyone has an extra invite. im not sure i can pm yet since im new to the board.
thanks

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.