Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

HP Touchpad fire sale Sun Dec 11 6 PM CST - Ebay store

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

HP Touchpad fire sale Sun Dec 11 6 PM CST - Ebay store

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: HP Touchpad fire sale Sun Dec 11 6 PM CST - Ebay store

Originally Posted by Deftones
yep. same for me. fucking bullshit. although, this with tax and shipping was only $15 cheaper than a kindle fire.
That's pretty much what I though. Would have been neat, but getting a non-dead Fire for a similar price will probably be better in the long run.
Old 12-11-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JTH182
I was on my phone trying to buy the 16GB model as soon as it went live, but got to the paypal screen and got an error. I assumed I needed to be on a real computer... but were all of you getting the paypal error on a real computer too?

If so, I'll only be slightly less upset I didn't get in on this.
Yea. Computer didn't help. Had one of the 16GB ones in my cart for nearly half an hour and couldn't get to the pay screen.
Old 12-11-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the 32GB, i was seeing over 1500 sold for each of the 3 listings if thats correct then they sold close to 5000. do they really have that many refurbs?
Old 12-11-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Palaver
Yea. Computer didn't help. Had one of the 16GB ones in my cart for nearly half an hour and couldn't get to the pay screen.

Thanks, I feel a little better now
Old 12-11-11, 11:08 PM

I had exactly the same problem as everyone here. Clicked "Buy It Now" within seconds of the auction start, took forever to get to the payment screen, and on the final Paypal confirmation screen... error. But I was reading the MASSIVE thread on another deals site (the one that is slick) and somebody said the eBay Canada site was working. So I just changed the ".com" in the link to ".ca" and sure enough, went through the whole purchase process much more smoothly.

It says I got one (16 GB), but I'm not going to believe anything until I see it in front of me.
Old 12-12-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

at people who want HP Touchpads.
Old 12-12-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
at people who want HP Touchpads.
really? really?

so having a cheap tablet to give to a kid to play with and to load movies on for car trips is laugh worthy? i guess i'll just consider the source.
Old 12-12-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, it's laugh worthy to have a segment of people scrambling to get a tablet using dead technology just because it's cheap.
Old 12-12-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

at people whose lives are so sad they need to at strangers on the Internet.
Old 12-12-11, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Yes, it's laugh worthy to have a segment of people scrambling to get a tablet using dead technology just because it's cheap.
you obviously don't keep up on the news much, which is comical considering where you work. sure, HP aren't making hardware anymore, but WebOs is going open source. hardly dead. plus, it's super easy to put Android on there and the specs of the tablet aren't much different than several of the Android tablets out there right now.

but i'm sure you are just pissed off because the cameras on the touchpad aren't up to your standards so you can take all those pictures of yourself to post on the internet.
Old 12-12-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

with webOS going open source, this has potential to be the tech deal of the decade
Old 12-13-11, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
you obviously don't keep up on the news much, which is comical considering where you work. sure, HP aren't making hardware anymore, but WebOs is going open source. hardly dead. plus, it's super easy to put Android on there and the specs of the tablet aren't much different than several of the Android tablets out there right now.

but i'm sure you are just pissed off because the cameras on the touchpad aren't up to your standards so you can take all those pictures of yourself to post on the internet.
A picture dig! As always, so original.

I keep up on tech news. Android is buggy as hell on it and WebOS isn't going anywhere fast. Good luck on your search and hacking your precious $99 treasure.
Old 12-13-11, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What would cause a person to click into a thread for an item that he has absolutely no interest just to laugh at the people who thinks otherwise? If this not the definition of threadcrap, I don't know what is. I've seen account getting locked up or suspended for less. Apparently Hot Deal is mod free.
Old 12-15-11, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

I keep up on tech news. Android is buggy as hell on it and WebOS isn't going anywhere fast. Good luck on your search and hacking your precious $99 treasure.
It's not actually.. I'm not going back from our iPad, but the Android OS is really solid, it's not buggy at all. It's crazy easy to put on and it works really well.

We have 2 that I picked up just because they were cheap and I deal with tech stuff to check out. Like I said, I prefer the iPad, but this one is decent. It's NOT buggy.
Old 12-21-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Anyone else get a "were sorry you couldn't get an HP touchpad" email from ebay with a 10% off coupon?
Old 12-23-11, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of you that got screwed trying to buy a TP on eBay, keep your eye on your email. They just sent me a freakin' $100 gift card to use on anything on eBay. The email reads as follows:

To show our appreciation, here's a $100 eBay Gift Certificate with our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while ordering a TouchPad from the HP eBay store. Happy holidays from eBay and HP
Woohoo!
Old 12-23-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Seriously? all I got was a fucking 10% ebay coupon. Fucking lame

Last edited by Deftones; 12-23-11 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-23-11, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It actually seems to be a PayPal gift card/credit. When I log into my PayPal account, under the balance it has the $100 listed. So, in theory, it looks like it can be used anywhere that takes PayPal.

And while I never got an order cancellation email, I never got an order through, it looks like I did however get charged by HP, only for it to be reversed within the same minute. How odd. Perhaps that is why those of us who didn't get any order in or any order cancellation email got the $100 anyway.
Old 01-03-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

actually, android is rock solid on the touchpad. it is listed as 'alpha' but i haven't found anything that doesn't work.
Old 01-03-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent L
It actually seems to be a PayPal gift card/credit. When I log into my PayPal account, under the balance it has the $100 listed. So, in theory, it looks like it can be used anywhere that takes PayPal.

And while I never got an order cancellation email, I never got an order through, it looks like I did however get charged by HP, only for it to be reversed within the same minute. How odd. Perhaps that is why those of us who didn't get any order in or any order cancellation email got the $100 anyway.
dang! all i got was my shipping charges returned to me on the 2 that i received.