Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

5 FREE songs on iTunes via statement credit from AMEX

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 03-05-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this email the other day. I wonder if I can buy games too or if that doesn't matter.

To be eligible to receive the statement credit, you must register any valid U.S. American Express® Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN at amexnetwork.com/iTunes and use that Card to make a purchase on iTunes® between 2/10/11 and 3/15/11. A statement credit equivalent to the price of 5 song downloads on iTunes plus sales tax will be issued generally within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing periods to post to your account. Limit one statement credit per registered Card regardless of the number of transactions made. If your registered Card is replaced, you must re-enroll the replacement Card prior to making the iTunes purchase to get the statement credit. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms and Conditions for details.
Old 03-05-11, 09:57 PM

Re: 5 FREE songs on iTunes via statement credit from AMEX

Actually only need to buy 1 song.

Bought 1.29 ringtone and got $7.05 credit back automatically as soon as the purchase posted to the card. Others have reported buying one, $0.69 song with the same results (I would have done that, but I wanted the ringtone anyway).

Saw this on another site and didn't remember to come here to post it, since I typically stick to the DVD forums.
Old 03-06-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

okay, so you're saying you only need to make a single purchase and you'll get back, what, approximately $8 or $9 dollars?
Old 03-07-11, 08:28 AM

Yes. I purchased one song (ringtone) for $1.29 and Amex refunded me $7.05.

Others actually purchased one $0.69 song and still got the $7.05 refund.

Here's from my statement:

02/19/11 ITUNES MUSIC STORE IAUSTIN TX $1.29
iTunes Music Store

02/20/11* iTunesOffer #ITP02 001 -$7.05
iTunes 02/19/2011 $ 129

Note, they actually noted my total of $1.29 on 02/19/2011 and they still refunded $7.05 (the amount they consider equivalent to 5 songs plus tax, even though I don't pay tax in PA).
Old 03-07-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your refund line makes me believe they THINK you spent $129 at iTunes, which is why you got the full $7.05 refund.
Old 03-07-11, 03:58 PM

I wondered that, too ... but, either way, I still got the full refund amount ... and so have others (not sure if allowed to post link to another forum here, so if not, I apologize in advance and I will remove it ... but if you view http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topi...readid=1072801 you will see others have gotten it without buying all 5 songs, too).

I was just trying to help the community out here sharing my experience ... easy way to make $5 if they give you the $7.05 without needing to buy all 5 songs.
Old 03-07-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wkkunkle View Post
I was just trying to help the community out here sharing my experience ... easy way to make $5 if they give you the $7.05 without needing to buy all 5 songs.
Agreed. Definitely a good post...
Old 03-08-11, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same happened to me -- bought 1 song, got the full refund.