Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

weeklycinema.com DEAD - get your refunds

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 11-12-10, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Title says it all,

weeklycinema.com is dead for good, time to get your refunds.
Old 11-12-10, 07:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: weeklycinema.com DEAD - get your refunds

Okay...?
Old 11-12-10, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Okay...?
I figured this belongs here since alot of people probably bought a weeklycinema.com deal that was going around a lot last two months.
Old 11-12-10, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of them
Old 11-12-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

freaking bastards, I put mine on my wife's Discover, guess I will have her call and get it taken off if possible. I don't like waiting for fuckups to get their shit together. Assholes
Old 11-12-10, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7
freaking bastards, I put mine on my wife's Discover, guess I will have her call and get it taken off if possible. I don't like waiting for fuckups to get their shit together. Assholes
if you bought it from groupon or living social they will refund, if you bought from tippr they have 30 day refund policy, also you can contact weekly cinema as they say they are processing refunds
Old 11-12-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I bought from tippr in late september and the csr said I could have $25 in tippr credit although he did say he would ask his boss about whether or not I would get a full refund on my cc. I used one code a month ago though.

I should have guessed something was up when they stopped issuing online codes and made you call in to get them instead. Now those codes don't work at all.

Edit: Just called CSR for tippr again and he said they'd be issuing refunds on the weeklycinema thing so if you bought it in Sept (or past 30 days) you'd still get a refund even though it's past 30 days.

Last edited by sleepyhead55; 11-12-10 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-12-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts

I'm not sure what this site is all about either. One thing I do know--this deal is hot!
Old 11-12-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Basically they were offering fandango or movietickets.com codes for a really cheap price. Each ticket had a value of up to $14. So essentially, they were offering $56 worth of tickets for $20.
Old 11-13-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got an email from groupon apologizing for the last one I bought. They said that even if you used all the tickets they would be refunding me 30 bucks within 3 weeks. I had used them all, so I'm happy. If you used Groupon then you should get an email and refund.

Hi joe,

We're writing to let you know that Weekly Cinema has unexpectedly closed and wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this causes. We were sorry to hear this unfortunate news and understand it's a disappointment when you do not get to take advantage of a great deal like this one. We made our best effort to make this work, but unfortunately we were unable to assist Weekly Cinema enough to honor the deal. We sincerely apologize for letting you down, but we will do what we can to make it right and get your money back to you as soon as possible.

30 dollars has been refunded to the card you used to make this purchase. If you purchased a Groupon that was good for multiple tickets and used some of them, we have simply refunded the full amount of your purchase. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to reflect on your end.

Again, we're very sorry that you were unable to fully redeem this offer and thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Gary
Customer Support
[email protected]
Old 11-14-10, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

a bit ot, but what is it with these cheap movie ticket places being a pita? i bought some amc gold experience movie tickets for $4, was a major hassle just to get the tickets from kgb, took them like a week to respond to e-mails.