DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Trial Part 2 - Another Free 3 Months! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/567191-amazon-prime-trial-part-2-another-free-3-months.html)

Chad 12-29-09 11:40 PM

Amazon Prime Trial Part 2 - Another Free 3 Months!

Just added a new 3-month trial after my 1-month ended on 12/22 (Trial Membership Dates: November 27, 2005 - March 29, 2010) ...

You DO NOT have to buy the book to get the trial. Logging out of your account is recommended, but still might work without doing so.

- Click here and add "Pride and Prejudice" to your cart
- Click the 'Add to Cart with FREE Two-Day shipping' button on the right side of the page
- Click 'Proceed to Checkout' button
- Review the details and 'Start my free trial'

Again, if you don't plan on upgrading after the trial:

Your Account --> Manage Prime Membership --> Do Not Upgrade --> Turn Off Auto-Upgrade

You're welcome.

[email protected] 12-29-09 11:48 PM

Re: Amazon Prime Trial Part 2 - Another Free 3 Months!

Great find, that was too easy! Thanks!!

DaveWadding 12-29-09 11:56 PM

Thanks bro, my $60 sub from last year JUST ran out this week.

Moopher 12-30-09 12:08 AM

Wow, nice find!

Wolf359 12-30-09 12:15 AM

Sweet! Thanks very much!

packaok 12-30-09 12:20 AM

My wife and I were just getting ready to join Amazon Prime (business expense :) )... Guess we'll wait another 3 months before paying for it. Thanks Chad!

jermy 12-30-09 01:30 AM

Awesome. Thanks so much.

starman9000 12-30-09 06:35 AM

Was just going to post this too. Awesome deal.

Quake1028 12-30-09 07:21 AM

Got in on this a few weeks ago.

Drake 12-30-09 07:22 AM

Great Deal thanks!!!!!

reverie 12-30-09 08:08 AM

Very cool. :) The last time there were two of these offers close together, they wouldn't let me do it the second time. It said I was too close to the other free trial period, but this time around it worked! Thanks!

The Valeyard 12-30-09 09:05 AM

Awesome! Thank you very much!

mark4mich 12-30-09 10:03 AM

Didn't work for me. I had an add to cart button but no add to cart with free 2day shipping button. Tried to order with free 2day shipping and it had a button to join Amazon Prime for $79. What did I do wrong?

mark4mich 12-30-09 10:08 AM

Ok, I tried again, had to completely sign out. This time I got the free 2day shipping button, but I got the message that I was ineligible for free Amazon Prime because I already had the free trial

Wolf359 12-30-09 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mark4mich (Post 9914794)
Ok, I tried again, had to completely sign out. This time I got the free 2day shipping button, but I got the message that I was ineligible for free Amazon Prime because I already had the free trial

Thats strange, because this will be my 3rd trial.

I wonder sometimes if they do this on purpose, because my spending on Amazon goes WAY up when I know I can get it within two days, no tax.

I wonder how much this costs them, because if they could afford to do it, they should just adopt this model for free for everyone. I think the extra orders might offset any shipping losses.

packaok 12-30-09 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 9914825)
Thats strange, because this will be my 3rd trial.

I wonder sometimes if they do this on purpose, because my spending on Amazon goes WAY up when I know I can get it within two days, no tax.

I wonder how much this costs them, because if they could afford to do it, they should just adopt this model for free for everyone. I think the extra orders might offset any shipping losses.

Same here. I placed 15 orders during my 1-month trial. No wonder they wanted to offer it to me again for 3 months :)

And, yes, this will be my 3rd trial as well.

kenbenobi 12-30-09 10:42 AM

Wow, that's insane! Thanks, OP! I actually have two Amazon accounts (have had both accounts for years, I don't even remember why), and activated my free month of Prime on the other account once my first account expired, but I don't want this deal to end first, so I just added the free 3 months. So now I have Prime on both accounts. W00T! I was actually thinking about paying for Prime once the free trial ended, and may still do so. It truly is convenient and could easily pay for itself in the long run...

Cardsfan111 12-30-09 10:46 AM

Thanks, Chad! Going to check this out.

Yakuza Bengoshi 12-30-09 10:57 AM

Worked for me! Thanks much.

notkevinbacon 12-30-09 11:06 AM

Worked like a charm!

Thanks, OP!

X 12-30-09 11:23 AM

Since this has been on FW and SD for close to a day I recommend getting it as soon as possible. They eventually kill almost every deal.

kenbenobi 12-30-09 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by mark4mich (Post 9914790)
Didn't work for me. I had an add to cart button but no add to cart with free 2day shipping button. Tried to order with free 2day shipping and it had a button to join Amazon Prime for $79. What did I do wrong?

Hmmm... I didn't have the "add to cart with free 2-day shipping" button either. I just added it to my cart and started the checkout process. There was another screen that advertised the free 3-month trial, where you select the shipping method.

Laser Movies 12-30-09 02:01 PM

Nice find! Just had my previous free trial end over a week ago. While I never would pay for prime I'll take it whenever I can have it for free.

bigjim25 12-30-09 02:29 PM

Worked for me and my parents on both our accounts. Thanks OP! :D
My parents don't order to often but I still added it to their account but this deal got killed. ;)

Brent L 12-30-09 06:01 PM

Holy crap, thanks so much OP! It worked just fine for me and my gf.