Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-09, 10:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I'm pretty sure the 2008 release was UK only (though it was imported to the states) & USA release was this year.
That's right. I'm not sure if it was UK, but it was definitely Euro. It was in a box packaging. There was also a vinyl box set. The US one is in a jewel box (which I far prefer). I grabbed it at FYE as soon as it came out. It's Ziggy-era Bowie, IE it's amazing.
Old 06-11-09, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone received an automated call from Your Music yet? I got one on my answering machine several days ago. It was to introduce Your Music to BMG members. It said cds were $6.99 with no shipping or fees and gave a toll free number to call for further info or to opt out of future calls.
Old 06-11-09, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by stargazer
Has anyone received an automated call from Your Music yet? I got one on my answering machine several days ago. It was to introduce Your Music to BMG members. It said cds were $6.99 with no shipping or fees and gave a toll free number to call for further info or to opt out of future calls.
So far I haven't received any type of communication (e-mail or telephone) from Yourmusic.
Old 06-11-09, 05:14 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by stargazer
I stopped receiving calls from BMG back when I took my credit card off file and my phone number. Got tired of being called at work...
Old 06-11-09, 10:00 PM

OK, now I'm a little ticked off. I had an order for 7 CDs on the 90% deal I put in on May 18. After fiddling around all this time, the order history just says "shipment cancelled."

Surely they would have been able to send at least some of the items. I suppose there is no point in complaining now. I simply can't understand the reason for the cancellation.

Is this happening to others as well?
Old 06-11-09, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by MusicLover7
So far I haven't received any type of communication (e-mail or telephone) from Yourmusic.
Ditto. Must be a NJ prejudice.
Old 06-11-09, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that they added Rocco DeLuca's Mercy album today. Highly recommended!
Old 06-12-09, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I've been getting a ton of robo calls lately. Taken to hanging up before they id, so don't know if YM has called.
Old 06-12-09, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
Ditto. Must be a NJ prejudice.
Maybe Yourmusic just doesn't want our business.............
Old 06-12-09, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
OK, now I'm a little ticked off. I had an order for 7 CDs on the 90% deal I put in on May 18. After fiddling around all this time, the order history just says "shipment cancelled."

Surely they would have been able to send at least some of the items. I suppose there is no point in complaining now. I simply can't understand the reason for the cancellation.

Is this happening to others as well?
I think it's time for you to contact Customer Service.

Good Luck.
Old 06-12-09, 12:02 PM

I think it's time for you to contact Customer Service.

Good Luck.
I don't think the chances are good, but I'll give it a shot.

I think I just didn't parse the website language correctly. You can ORDER up to Jun 23. ORDER all you like. It just doesn't mean they necessarily intend to DELIVER. That's another thing entirely.
Old 06-12-09, 12:25 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I got the Yourmusic no fee offer via email and signed up...I also placed what is probably my last order with BMG (sob!)
Old 06-12-09, 03:25 PM
Cool New Member

I placed an order June 9 for four CDs. Three have shipped. The TOOS item was Bowie's '72 Santa Monica CD, which they had just added to the club.

Why they would "add" a CD they don't actually have two weeks before they stop taking orders is a mystery that thus far has totally eluded my feeble attempts to comprehend.
Old 06-12-09, 03:39 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

I had some free CDs that I needed to pick up while I could. So I get three shipping notices. One says 1 of them has shipped. The next one says the rest of them shipped along with 10 copies of the first one that the first notice said had shipped. The next says that one of each has shipped.

So am I going to get a pile of duplicate CDs or is their email system that bad?
Old 06-12-09, 05:13 PM

A few months ago my one order consisted of 4 cds. Three arrived and one never showed up. I emailed BMG and told them that 1 of the 3 cds from that specific order didn't come. A week later they started sending me replacement shipping notices for various cds from past orders. I finally got 9 cds that they had already sent me BUT I never did receive the 1 cd that I had asked to have re-sent. Go figure!! I will be interested to know what you finally do receive!!
Old 06-12-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X
I had some free CDs that I needed to pick up while I could. So I get three shipping notices. One says 1 of them has shipped. The next one says the rest of them shipped along with 10 copies of the first one that the first notice said had shipped. The next says that one of each has shipped.

Hope the one you're getting 10+ copies of is a good CD. It's their fault, so if they don't charge you, keep them.
Old 06-13-09, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
I also placed what is probably my last order with BMG (sob!)
I'm finding the closing of BMG, along with most of the B&M music stores very depressing (the final Virgin Megastore in NYC closes this Sunday 6/14).
I placed what was probably my last BMG order 5/22 (unless a major code and/or box set deal comes along this final week). I used the 90% off code & ordered Morrissey's "Years Of Refusal", which I got a few days ago, and "The Devil's Rejects" OST DualDisc, which had been a TOOS, but is now showing as having shipped 6/8 (haven't gotten it yet tho).
FYI for anyone interested..."The Devil's Rejects" OST DualDisc DVD-A side contains the only advanced res version of a Three Dog Night song ("Shambala") that I'm aware of - which is why I ordered it.
Old 06-13-09, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Yeah, this TOTALLY SUCKS. There is so much music i got over the years from BMG (& CBS before them) that I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

With all the Woodstock related titles coming, I sure miss the old BMG.......

At this time, i have received al ordered cd's. if there are no more codes, i would only
order if they get something new I really want. Thinking about the Portishead, but not sure i'm willing to pay $6.59 for it.
Old 06-13-09, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
With all the Woodstock related titles coming, I sure miss the old BMG.......
Woodstock, The Beatles (remasters), etc. Amazon is already taking pre-orders for these "soon to be released" titles.
Old 06-13-09, 02:47 PM

Woodstock, The Beatles (remasters), etc. Amazon is already taking pre-orders for these "soon to be released" titles.
I love the humour in the release date of the Beatles CD's being 09/09/09. Well - BMG wouldn't have been carrying those anyway, and I'm already tossing coin in the mayonnaise jar for them as we speak.
Old 06-13-09, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
Well - BMG wouldn't have been carrying those anyway,
And if they did, they would be BMG premium titles at inflated prices. These same BMG premium titles would be less expensive on Amazon and at other music retailers.
Old 06-14-09, 11:10 PM

The enroll page for former Yourmusic subscribers now displays the $6.99 banner, not the $5.99 banner. (The $5.99 banner is still on their server, but it's not displayed on the "Former subscriber?" page.) I think it was a mistake, an old banner that was unintentionally added to the page.
Old 06-15-09, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Manos
The enroll page for former Yourmusic subscribers now displays the $6.99 banner, not the $5.99 banner. (The $5.99 banner is still on their server, but it's not displayed on the "Former subscriber?" page.) I think it was a mistake, an old banner that was unintentionally added to the page.
I think $4.99 would be a much better deal, especially for all the former BMG members of which everybody will be after June 23.
Old 06-15-09, 02:19 PM
Cool New Member

Not sure if this is valuable information, but it was interesting when I went to the mailbox and my latest shipment of CDs was in a YourMusic carton. I guess the fulfillment arm of YourMusic is servicing that part of BMG (it's all the "same" behind the scenes anyway, right?)
Old 06-15-09, 02:21 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by X

I think it's an e-mail glitch. I got the same thing on three different orders -- everyone telling me they shipped and then telling me the same thing the next day! (I've never rec'd more than one "you're order has shipped" message -- sometimes they arrive after the CD, but never duplicates) So far, I only got the CDs once.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.