Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

April 2nd - Walgreens DOES NOT REFILL Canon, Epson, Brother, etc

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, Went to 3 stores and everyone of them told me this. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a giant waste of my time. Just thought I'd pass on the good news so no one else wastes their day. I thought it needed it's own thread due to the store treating me like I was an alien.
Old 04-02-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
You could just add Brother to this post:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=528436
Old 04-02-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought I would add that the commercial advertising this "deal" said nothing about certain brands being excluded. And count me stupid I guess but what OTHER brands are their besides Canon, Epson, Or Brother. I also read that Lexmark models are excluded. So what, do they refill Kowia SMF-101 Inkjet printers manufactured in the southern Ukraine? Ridiculous.

It's called Bait & Switch - advertise A and then when the customer gets to your store you simply say "I'm sorry but we are all out or we did not get any in or it does not include that brand, etc, etc, etc" Then they turn around an offer you their branded $10 inkjet cartridge, meanwhile offering to "recycle" my old cartridge. They get my old cartidge that they send out and refill. Then they turn around the next day and sell it to the next customer. What a crock of sh*t!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't born yesterday.

Now that I am off my high horse - the manager saw the ignorance of his advertising department and offered my a $10 gift card. Paid for my gas.
Old 04-02-08, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
I thought I would add that the commercial advertising this "deal" said nothing about certain brands being excluded. And count me stupid I guess but what OTHER brands are their besides Canon, Epson, Or Brother. I also read that Lexmark models are excluded. So what, do they refill Kowia SMF-101 Inkjet printers manufactured in the southern Ukraine? Ridiculous.

It's called Bait & Switch - advertise A and then when the customer gets to your store you simply say "I'm sorry but we are all out or we did not get any in or it does not include that brand, etc, etc, etc" Then they turn around an offer you their branded $10 inkjet cartridge, meanwhile offering to "recycle" my old cartridge. They get my old cartidge that they send out and refill. Then they turn around the next day and sell it to the next customer. What a crock of sh*t!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't born yesterday.

Now that I am off my high horse - the manager saw the ignorance of his advertising department and offered my a $10 gift card. Paid for my gas.
No, not all Lexmark models are excluded. Mine is a Lexmark & they are refilling it just fine. (gotta pick it up Friday) It's only 1 model of Lexmark which was a Circuit City exclusive model.

What's unfortunate is that not all Walgreen's stores are able to do the refill. We have COUNTLESS Walgreen's stores in our area. Just ridiculous how many there are, and several of them don't have the ability to refill the cartridges. You'd best call around to be sure your Walgreen's store can even do the refill altogether.
Old 04-04-08, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
pretty sure that was listed in the ad, pretty big
i didnt even pay attention to the ad, but i noticed that

btw.. whats the etc part?
besides those 3, which others dont they do?
Old 04-04-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
hmm.. or could be because i read it in this thread
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...34&postcount=1
where the OP specifically mentioned which ones were excluded
Old 04-10-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
hmm.. or could be because i read it in this thread
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...34&postcount=1
where the OP specifically mentioned which ones were excluded
It's too bad they did not say that during their commercial that I saw on TV. No fine print, no exclusions. I go by what I see. So, that's why I posted this seperate thread as I know others got screwed too. 2 people at the store were in my same boat. Who's at fault??? Walgreens of course. It was a Bait & Switch all the way.

I would have liked to have seen the OTHER thread as it would have saved me a lot of time.