Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Branson Ticket Deals?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Branson Ticket Deals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Branson Ticket Deals?

Hi, I've been searching the google but there are so many timeshare companies polluting the results and I have never really bought these kind of tickets before.

i was wondering if anyone had experience or could point me in the right direction with getting tickets in Branson?

More specifically

Dixie Stampede
Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum

are these Branson VIP Coupon books worth it?
http://www.bransonvip.com/
Old 03-04-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
You are not going to see Yakov Smirnoff?
Old 03-04-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could, all depends on if I can get cheap tickets
Old 03-04-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Go see Shoji.

(At least try saying that five times fast)

I kid you not, I went to Branson on a lark once a couple of years ago, and the Shoji Tabuchi show was great! I'm not a country music fan, and I went primarily to "look down" I guess at the rednecks and lotto-players who were drawn to the Vegas of the Ozarks, and I wasn't really expecting much from a musical review headlined by a Japanese fiddle player.

I was wrong.

If you haven't made any firm plans yet that would preclude you from taking in a show at the Tabuchi Theatre, I cannot emphasize strongly enough that this is something you should see.

Editet to add: And if you can't (or decide not to) swing tickets, you still should go by the Theatre and use the bathroom. Oh, and take your camera. Go on, Google for it, you'll be amazed...
The Shoji Tabuchi Theatre, Branson, Missouri, USA

Branson, Missouri, features a bathroom Valhalla, otherwise known as the Shoji Tabuchi Theatre. No high tech gizmos, no sleek Feng Sui, only good old-fashioned hedonism. The women’s room has a fountain, wainscoting, stained glass appointments and an Empire tin ceiling. Live orchids lay nestled at every granite and onyx pedestal sink. The fixtures are carved from black Italian marble and gold. Voluminous chandeliers soar overhead. The air is fragrant with 80,000 fresh violets (used per month). But in this glut of material luxury, simple needs are remembered--a rocking chair is placed at the changing nook.

The gents facility is equally gorgeous yet manly with black lion head sinks, black leather chairs and a marble fireplace. The burled walnut mirror was built in 1868. Men can bond over the hand-carved mahogany billiard table.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 03-04-08 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-08-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dixie Stampede is the best! Our family never misses it whenever we go on vacation to Branson - also, be sure to visit the Titanic museum, Ripley's and the Hollywood wax museum.
Old 03-21-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never been to Branson but I've been to Ripley's in other cities. Forget it. Save your money. It's really not worth it to watch a bunch of weird photos and stuff on display.
Old 03-22-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by big whoppa
I've never been to Branson but I've been to Ripley's in other cities. Forget it. Save your money. It's really not worth it to watch a bunch of weird photos and stuff on display.
A bit late, but are you kidding???? It was my favorite part of the trip!
Where else would I have ever seen one of these puppies?

Last edited by SterlingBen; 03-22-08 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You actually enjoyed that above? They obviously attract enough people. If you enjoyed it, good for you.