Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

New Ipod Deals??

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

New Ipod Deals??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-07, 02:31 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Ipod Deals??

With the release of the new ipods and price points, does anyone know about any deals on the last gen or refurbished ipods?
Old 09-06-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Techbargains.com
Refurbished iPod Gen2 Nano 2GB $99 shipped free - 4GB $129 - 8GB $169, Sep. 6 9 AM

Price drop. Apple Outlet has low prices and free shipping $50 on many recertified items including:

iPods

Latest iPod Shuffle 1GB $49
iPod Nano (Current Gen) 2GB $99. 4GB $129. 8GB $169 shipped free

AppleTV $249 shipped free

Units include Apple's 1 year warranty. Items are removed from the page, when they sell out.
Got my 4GB Nano there. Never looked back. Totally worth it for a "workout" iPod!
Old 09-07-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts
Of course, if you know a college student, you could get him to buy you a brand new one at the Apple store for 10% off and it would end up being about the same price...
Old 09-08-07, 01:11 AM

Is a community collaege ID valid for the discount? I know someone who has one, and wouldn't mind going that route...
Old 09-08-07, 01:44 PM
Cool New Member

I do have an education discount, I believe they stopped giving education discounts on ipods.
Old 09-09-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Yeah, apparently they dropped the educational discount on iPods this time last year: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...nal-discounts/

Kinda sucks, as I used the discount when I bought my iPod in '05 and was planning to use it for when I upgraded.

My sister-in-law works at Target and she said that she'd use her discount for me when they get their new iPods in stock, though. She said the store won't be stocking them any time soon, but I wasn't planning on buying one right away anyway.
Old 09-10-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts
Oh, sorry about that. A college student/ employee of mine offered to get me one with the discount the other day. I assumed she knew what was up with that.
Old 09-10-07, 08:04 PM

Has anyone used Best Buy coupons on ipods? On the 10% off coupons it says it excludes Apple products, but has anyone tried and have success using them anyway? I want to pick up a new iPod and was going to use one of these coupons
Old 09-11-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Yeah, apparently they dropped the educational discount on iPods this time last year: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...nal-discounts/

She said the store won't be stocking them any time soon
They had them in stock when I went in today...
Old 09-11-07, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
My sister-in-law works at Target and she said that she'd use her discount for me when they get their new iPods in stock, though. She said the store won't be stocking them any time soon, but I wasn't planning on buying one right away anyway.
Apparently target negotiated a deal with apple saying that they would be one of the first stores along with the apple store to get these in stock. They realized towards the end of last year that these were selling real well and it was dumb to have to keep waiting for stock to come on. I know for a fact that they have already started getting new shuffles and nano's.
Old 09-11-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Oh, cool. There weren't any in stock at my local Target when I went over the weekend (they may have all sold out, though). My sister-in-law doesn't work in the electronics department and she was likely just guessing based on previous iPod rollouts.

I'm still going to wait a month or three, though. That'll give 3rd parties time to introduce cases (which are a must for me), as well as give me time to save up some money - I should be getting a bonus at work in a month or so. Also, I've read over at the iLounge forums that some people are having stuttering problems with the Classic. If this turns out to be a widespread problem, I may wait until Apple issues a firmware update.
Old 09-13-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you join Veteran's Advantage (they say you need to be related to a service member, but even without putting in my brother's ssn I was still granted membership), they have an apple discount. It takes the iPod down to $234 or thereabouts, free shipping, but they charge tax. So, for me it would be cheaper to order from Amazon seeing how I don't care for the free engraving either.

(I signed up for the trial VA program to get the 5% discount on continental flights)