Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 4)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 4)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
On a related note, does anyone know how BMG handles the bill me option? I've always used it in my 7+ years with the club, but I've never built up much of a balance. How long do they give you to pay it off?
I placed an order in October for $113.41 and it shipped quick. This time I placed an order for $206.42. If you don't pay it off in 1 month you will be charged a $3 late fee but if you are just a few days late you can usually call them up and get that taken off.

My first couple show shipped, but the rest are stuck at processing.
Part of mine shipped one day & the rest shipped the next day and they have showed shipped for 1-3 days now. I think there's a cut off point to when they ship. If you don't get your order in by it, they ship the next day.
Old 01-20-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of my orders have shipped, as well, and I didn't even begin ordering en masse until the second day of the code.

I also chose the "bill me" option on a large portion of my orders to justify spending more than I would prefer at once. Despite ordering much more than $40, which has been my "cut-off" point in the past, BMG shipped out every order except those which were OOS.
Old 01-20-08, 01:15 PM
Banned

I put in 5 more orders yesterday bringing me to a total of 18 orders.

For $36.66 i ordered:
Massive Attack: Collected
Moby: Everything Is Wrong
Blur: The Best Of
The Jesus & Mary Chain: Darklands (DualDisc)
Sonic Youth: Dirty (Deluxe Edition)
Kate Bush: The Whole Story
The Cure: Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me (2 CD Deluxe Edition)
The Cure: The Head On The Door (2 CD Deluxe Edition)
Radiohead: Pablo Honey
The Chemical Brothers: Come With Us
The Chemical Brothers: We Are The Night

I think this will be all for me but I have said that before over the course of these past few days.
Old 01-20-08, 05:02 PM

Has anyone actually received an email confirming a shipment? How about an email confirming an order?

I ask this because a couple of days before this code showed up I placed an order for two clearance titles and they showed as shipped the next day but I didn't get an email confirming shipment until three days after that. I haven't received an email confirming any of the "free" orders either.
Old 01-20-08, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Has anyone actually received an email confirming a shipment? How about an email confirming an order?

I ask this because a couple of days before this code showed up I placed an order for two clearance titles and they showed as shipped the next day but I didn't get an email confirming shipment until three days after that. I haven't received an email confirming any of the "free" orders either.
I've received 10 e-mail shipment confirmations from the orders I placed on 1/16. I'm still waiting for 22 more e-mail confirmations. When I log into my BMG account 23 orders show as "Shipped," 6 show as "Processing," and 3 show as "Not Shipped." I'm not 100% sure what's up with the 3 "Not Shipped" but past experience has shown that they are probably out of stock. So, all signs are "GO."

Greatest code ever!!! Thanks OP!!! After spending a ton on the recent Amazon Blu-Ray and HD sales this wasn't something I was looking for but it is just too good of a deal to pass up. It yields a better average cost per CD than enrolling, cancelling, enrolling, cancelling, etc...without the extra effort to enroll, cancel, enroll, cancel, etc... I won't need to buy another "catalog" CD for two years with the load I just bought.
Old 01-20-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by leahcim
Does anyone else use do BMG, rip the cd's then sell them on Amazon? I do this and end up getting free music + about 15.00 profit once the membership is fullfilled. I have doen it 4 times this year alone referring friends.
This dude could make a killin' with this code I still go back to this post just see the "Uncool New Member" tag
Old 01-20-08, 06:15 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

No order conf emails here, but I did get one shipped email yesterday.
Old 01-20-08, 06:44 PM
Banned

I have received e-mail confirmations as well that some of my orders have shipped. Some are "Temp. Out of Stock" but many have already shipped.
And may I say sumdeus that is a damn lot of CD's you got here . I thought 18 orders was overdoing it. But 32 orders!!! Let it never be said that you don't know how to take advantage of a good deal.
Old 01-20-08, 07:03 PM

Email shipping confirmations usually have a lag of about a day or two from actual shipping. BMG typically updates its systems at around 12 am PST every night - it takes about an hour or two. So the best thing to do is check online. The systems are not updated during the day at all - even if your items ship that day, the website will only be updated at night.
Old 01-20-08, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ec461
Email shipping confirmations usually have a lag of about a day or two from actual shipping. BMG typically updates its systems at around 12 am PST every night - it takes about an hour or two. So the best thing to do is check online. The systems are not updated during the day at all - even if your items ship that day, the website will only be updated at night.

Yeah I figured it was something like that. My first order was placed on 1/11, it showed as shipped on 1/12 on the site. I never received an order confirmation email but on the 16th I got an email saying the order was shipped on 1/15. The reason I asked the original question is that I usually get an email confirming my orders, and also the discrepancy in ship dates on this other order.
Old 01-20-08, 09:53 PM

I have a feeling that BMG won't even catch this glitch and it will run until it expires. They already get so many orders that are "free" with shipping as the only charge, that these may not raise a red flag. However they might get a clue if they decide to investigate the sudden increase in orders or if they read this forum...
Old 01-20-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems like an amazing deal. However, when I enter any of the codes I get Buy 1 get unlimited at $1.99 and three free. Still a decent deal, but I'm not sure I'll bite...
Old 01-20-08, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by db27
Seems like an amazing deal. However, when I enter any of the codes I get Buy 1 get unlimited at $1.99 and three free. Still a decent deal, but I'm not sure I'll bite...

Yes...and the first 3 discs you put in your cart are free (plus shipping obv). You don't have to order anything else.
Old 01-21-08, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by uncleRemus

Also eyeballing The Waterboys: Fisherman's Blues (Collectors Edition).
I decided to throw in one more order and went with this title along with Roxy Music "Avalon" Remastered.
Old 01-21-08, 03:40 PM

Haha, I got accepted into BMG the same day this code came out. By the way 11 orders and a big THANK YOU to Doctor X as well as everyone on this thread.
Old 01-21-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
And may I say sumdeus that is a damn lot of CD's you got here . I thought 18 orders was overdoing it. But 32 orders!!! Let it never be said that you don't know how to take advantage of a good deal.
LOL! That is definitely true! Fortunately I'm young, single, have a well paying job and can take advantage of these deals Of course, unless I want to stay single I need to curb the spending habits, so I did make a pact with my “inner deal demon” to not buy anymore CDs or DVDs until March, so let's see how well I do...I did manage to pre-order a good lot of Blu-Ray and HD titles from Amazon in November and December so that should help (it's definitely bordering on cheating the pact but I couldn't survive without some new DVDs rolling in). The next sale that comes along like this just check in the thread to see if I broke my pact…I’m going to try like hell to pull this off! I’m trying to think of it as an early Lent commitment for that "extra" motivation
Old 01-21-08, 06:13 PM

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp (Remaster)
Pretenders - Pretenders (Expanded & Remastered)
Cream - Disraeli Gears (Remastered)
Cream - Wheels of Fire (Remastered)
The Band - Rock of Ages (Remastered)
The Band - The Band (Remastered)
Elvis Costello - Trust (Remastered)
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces (Remastered)
Elvis Costello - Get Happy!! (Remastered)
Wolfmother - Wolfmother
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Black Planet
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Weezer - Pinkerton
Widespread Panic - Night of Joy
Feist - The Reminder
Rogue Wave - Asleep At Heaven's Gate
VHS or Beta - Bring on the Comets
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avenue

Thanks OP. I may add some more orders later.

To reiterate what others are saying - the BMG catalog is getting to be pathetic.
Old 01-21-08, 07:39 PM

I was figuring out a way to look at just 2 or 3 disc sets and found that by searching for "dvd" in the category of album title a bunch, like 200, sets came up. If you already knew this then ignore--I'm new.
Old 01-21-08, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Promethean
I was figuring out a way to look at just 2 or 3 disc sets and found that by searching for "dvd" in the category of album title a bunch, like 200, sets came up. If you already knew this then ignore--I'm new.
Yes, I also search for "Deluxe Edition", "Ultimate", or "Anthology"
Old 01-21-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found a couple more 3 disc sets that come up free.

Fleetwood Mac - Live in Boston (1 CD/2 DVD)
My Chemical Romance - Life on the Murder Scene (1 CD/2 DVD)

Also, can anyone recommend any of the Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra collections they have? It doesn't need to be comprehensive, just a solid collection that will hit the songs I know.
Old 01-22-08, 12:03 AM

I have the Sinatra Reprise disc they have and it serves me well...and while I can't personally recommend it, Dino: The Essential Dean Martin is 30 tracks on one disc which will likely suit your need.
Old 01-22-08, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Found a couple more 3 disc sets that come up free.

Fleetwood Mac - Live in Boston (1 CD/2 DVD)

Also, can anyone recommend any of the Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra collections they have? It doesn't need to be comprehensive, just a solid collection that will hit the songs I know.
A nice kind soul by the name of bigjim25 already mentioned Fleetwood Mac Live in Boston

Someone like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin Hits CDs are the only way to go in my opinion.

So many good Frank Sinatra but I'd grab a capitol set and reprise set.
Sinatra 80: All The Best (2 CDs - 40 Capitol songs)
The Very Best of Frank Sinatra (2 CDs - 40 Reprise songs)
Classic Sinatra (1 CD - 20 Capitol songs)
Sinatra Reprise: The Very Good Years (1 CD - 20 Reprise songs)
The Best Of The Capitol Years (1 CD - 20 Capitol songs)
Romance: Songs From The Heart (1 CD - 21 Capitol songs)
The Frank Sinatra Christmas Collection (1 CD - 18 songs)
Duets And Duets II - 90th Birthday Limited CE (2 CDs - 28 songs)

Dean Martin The Essential Dean Martin (Deluxe Edition) because the bonus live CD has some funny stuff and Christmas With Dino.
Old 01-22-08, 08:38 AM

Bummer...

Looks like it's one order per code now. Does clearing cookies help?
Old 01-22-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The one account that I made a second order on appears to be locked-

Your profile could not be initialized. Please try again later.
Old 01-22-08, 10:02 AM

I haven't had a problem logging in and all my orders show as shipped, but I only made three orders. I still have not received an order confirmation or a shipoping confirmation email.

I did notice that if you type in the codes the deal comes up as:
"Choose your 3 Free CDs! No purchase necessary!" under the normal deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.