Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Sirius Discounts?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Sirius Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 10:18 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Discounts?

Does anyone know of any subscription or activation discounts for Sirius available? Thanks!
Old 12-11-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You get a discount on the activation fee if you do it online....that is all I know right now.
Old 12-11-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
if you have a friend with sirius you can piggyback on their subscription and get it for 7 bucks a month. Thats what i did then i just paid for the whole year at once.
Old 12-12-06, 08:13 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks DJ & Skippy!

I plan on doing the activation online, so that will save me $5.

Question though, I have my Radio setup in a boombox but how do I know its working before I subscribe? Is there any way to check? I have it pluged in, but the only light that turns on is the green one on the power cord. The screen is blank. I have already been back to Best Buy once because they sold my friend a radio that was no compatible with the boom box. My luck I have a broken radio or boombox!
Old 12-12-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JB7
Thanks DJ & Skippy!

Question though, I have my Radio setup in a boombox but how do I know its working before I subscribe? Is there any way to check? I have it pluged in, but the only light that turns on is the green one on the power cord. The screen is blank. I have already been back to Best Buy once because they sold my friend a radio that was no compatible with the boom box. My luck I have a broken radio or boombox!

i believe the wheather stations work.
Old 12-12-06, 02:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JB7
Thanks DJ & Skippy!

Go to the preview channel 184
And welcome to the Sirius family
You will love it!
Old 12-12-06, 05:19 PM
Cool New Member

Do yourself a favor and go to www.******.com. ****** is a shopping "portal". You go there first, log in, then click on the etailor whom you wish to shop from.

By signing up and shopping through their link you'll get rebates ("******"). I just checked it and you'll get $30 cash back with a purchase. No joke. I'm a member and it is legit (and I know it sounds cheesy writing it like that).

Also, according to SternFanNetwork.com, when you enter the promotion code "Revolution" during checkout at the Sirius website you'll get 10%.

When I signed up I used both discounts, only the ****** deal was only $10 back then.

As another post mentioned, Sirius is awesome. You won't regret it. I got my brother to sign up for a second subscription at $7.00 p/month, meaning our total bill is $20 p/month (mine is $13, his is $7) and then we split it so we each pay $10 per month.

Hope this helps. By the way, as an ****** member we'd each get $5 if anyone else signs up. Contact me if you want to take advantage of the extra $5 referral bonus.
Old 12-12-06, 05:21 PM
Cool New Member

Apparently part of my post was blocked. The web site is ****** dot com.
Old 12-12-06, 05:23 PM
Cool New Member

Wow, I'm struggling to get this money saving info out. The sites is the words rebates but drop the "e" and add a dot com.
Old 12-12-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 862 Likes on 336 Posts
And make sure your antenna is in a clear line of site so you can receive the activation signal. You'll know when it's ready.

Originally Posted by JB7
I have already been back to Best Buy once because they sold my friend a radio that was no compatible with the boom box.
Wow, I've heard plenty of Best Buy horror stories and that one's definitely up there. Almost makes me glad there's not one nearby me.

BTW, since we're discussing SIRIUS deals ...here's a great one:

20% off SIRIUS radios for AAA members
Old 12-13-06, 06:01 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Everyone! The info really helped.

I got the receiver working in the car, but NOT the boombox yet. Anyone own a boombox and can give me any pointers? Seems easy setup, but maybe I am missing something? If I can't figure it out, its going back to best buy.
Old 11-21-18, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 438 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: Sirius Discounts?

anyone know of a decent discount on Sirius? my wifes 90 day trail ended and the best offer was 5 a month for 6 months then full price. My wife is cheap (as am I) and there is no way we can justify 19.95 a month.
Old 11-21-18, 09:50 AM

Received 4,966 Likes on 3,358 Posts
Re: Sirius Discounts?

I’ve never, ever, paid full price. I follow this and get a good deal for the year.
http://m.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-di...n/deals/732226

Read the comments and see what people got offered lately.