Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Lowes - doubling a Home Depot coupon? Mystery discount

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we recently moved, and part of the gig is that when you submit a change of address with the post office, you get coupons. Most are worthless, but the 10% off Home Depot was a good one.

So ... figured it was time to go snowblower shopping. Found one at Lowes that I liked better than what was at HD. So I asked CS if they'd match the coupon. They gladly said they'd match it, so I wheeled it up there along with a couple of other odds and ends. The regular price on the snowblower was $599, and I had $58 in other items. Casher rings it up at $559. I swipe the card and waste no time hightailing it out of there. I knew the instant she gave me my total that I was getting 20%.

At first, I was thinking it must be a mistake. But later, I got to thinking - maybe they double Home Depot coupons as a promotion. Would kind of make sense, but then it'd be strange they didn't say something.

Anyone with any insight? Not sure if I got away with something or if I got a deal that nobody bothered to tell me I was getting.
Old 11-15-06, 10:19 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I think it was a mistake, I don't believe Lowes doubles the coupons.
Old 11-15-06, 10:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah - you got away with one

Congrats
Old 11-15-06, 11:50 AM

Heh - well now I really wish I'd gone ahead and bought the $300 lawnmower I was eyeballing. Doh!
Old 11-15-06, 06:10 PM

The Lowes repo man will be by your house soon
Old 11-19-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bought a Riding Lawn Mower from Lowe's about 3 months ago with a 10% off Home Depot Coupon and the manager took 20% off. He even let me grab a few other things. If I would have know, I would have loaded up my cart before hand. I guess it depends on the store because I've never had this happen before. I didn't ask any questions either in case it was a mistake but the coupon clearly stated 10% off.
Old 11-19-06, 03:12 PM

During holiday time the employee discount doubles, for a week or a few. I think they use that button for these transactions, so that's why you got 20% (is my guess).