Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

all-in-one printers?

Old 04-12-06, 03:01 PM

all-in-one printers?

Looking for a all-in-one printer that has fax included? The one I'm eyeing is the Epson 7800f. I can get it for $179-$30 rebate at Fry's. Wanted to see if anyone had any input on this for me. Thanks for any input in advance
Old 04-13-06, 06:35 AM

Location: Huntington WVA.. but not a back woods country bumpkin
have an HP officejet 5610 all in one (printer, fax, and flatbed scannerand direct copier) and really love it... bought it at officedepot.com and with free delivery and $30.00 instant savings and $30.00 rebate from HP (at the time) it was like 70-80 bucks.
Old 04-13-06, 09:42 AM

Another endorsement for the HP 5610... Got one a couple of months ago and really like it...
Old 04-14-06, 11:22 AM

I have the Canon Pixma MP500, which was the top rated multi-function in PC Magazine, and have been very happy. It also has very good user reviews on CNet. It does not have a fax though, so if that's a requirement, this one is out of the picture.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,1639082,00.asp
http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_Pixma_...?tag=pdtl-list
Old 04-14-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

I have a canon and would never buy anything else. The others are great in terms of functionality, but the cost of ink will kill you. Canon has 4 seperate ink tanks and they are just tanks....not the print head, etc. You can pick up the individual tanks for around $2 each on ebay, and that is exactly what I do. Every printer in my office is a canon, and I can afford to have 20 extra ink tanks of each cartridge laying around for very little money.

If you don't do a lot of printing, etc. this may not be a big issue.

Mp730, and it is a fax, top feed, etc.