Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Best Buy 20% off OPEN BOX TVs coupon

Old 04-05-06, 01:39 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category

good till April 22 2006

I saw the deal of fatwallet and bought myself
the samsung 30" slimfit tube HDTV
for $587.99 total

-james
Old 04-05-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this was an awesome deal too. I called and they said that they had a super clearance Samsung 60" DLP for 2199 pre-coupon. I did a little research and found you can get that new set new for 1799. Does anybody know if their open box prices are national (if they have the same TVs) or it's all YMMV?
Old 04-05-06, 03:46 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks! Printed a copy just in case when they have a nice open box TV.
Old 04-05-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks
Old 04-05-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bravesmg
I thought this was an awesome deal too. I called and they said that they had a super clearance Samsung 60" DLP for 2199 pre-coupon. I did a little research and found you can get that new set new for 1799. Does anybody know if their open box prices are national (if they have the same TVs) or it's all YMMV?
From when I worked there it was all YMMV. They are usually returns in different physical conditions. They are supposed to get marked down every week depending on how long they were on the shelf as well, but they weren't always so gungho about that part of it.
Old 04-11-06, 08:37 PM

I got a great deal. I got a Toshiba 62"DLP set for $2029 plus tax. Got the service plan as well just in case.
Old 04-15-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked up a 20 inch Toshiba HD LCD for $410.00 out the door. Best price on the net I could find was 589.99 + Shipping. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Old 04-15-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
From when I worked there it was all YMMV. They are usually returns in different physical conditions. They are supposed to get marked down every week depending on how long they were on the shelf as well, but they weren't always so gungho about that part of it.
This is true. I worked at the Best Buy (Superstition Springs Mesa, AZ) from 1995 - 1999. All I did is come in on Thursday's from 7pm - 9pm (no kidding only 2 hours a week to keep the discount) and marked down all AV (audio video and Car-Fi) 10% each week. When a new store manager took over in 1999 he told me to decide if I want to keep working at Best Buy full-time or leave. I told him it was really taking up too much of my time each week ( 2 hours) to continue working there. So, after 5 years and maybe 500 hours of work later I quit. The only people that were benefiting off me were my friends.