Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Tracfone deals

Old 04-05-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracfone deals

I had moved to an area my old cell service, cingular, didn't have in their local market. I kept my phone and phone number for the previous location since then and finally decided to do away with it and get a new phone. Problem was I hated being in a contract and didn't like many of the deals available here so I looked into prepaid since I only use the phone about 150 minutes a month and most of that could be done away with. My previous bills were about $120 a month for the wife and my phones.

So I find online where this guy referred me and he got 100 minutes and I did too, so I look for a phone. The cheapest one is the Nokia 2126. On tracfone.com it was $30 and it was $35 on Amazon. So I waited a day and happen to notice in the local walmart that they had this phone for $19.96 so I buy it there. Then I use the email link from my referral and activate it online so now I have 20 free minutes, then I do the final step in the email and let them know I was referred and get the extra 100 minutes. Yesterday I was in a Walmart in Mesa, AZ and I needed more minutes because I used the phone a lot on a trip I took yesterday. I was going to buy the 60 minute card for $18.92 when I noticed the 120 minute card, which I understand to be normally priced almost $30, is only $19.97. This is a YMMV depending on what phones are offered for your local area but it is really worth looking into especially if you know someone who has the service to send you the Tracfone Friend email. Anyone currently subscribing to tracfone can give the email.

Breakdown for prices:
New phone at walmart $20
free 20 minutes when activated online
free 100 minutes when using the freind email
YMMV but I got the 120 minute card for $19.97

There are even better ways to take advantage too. I didn't have the extra dough yesterday but if you were to buy the 400 minute yearly card for $130 it doubles all cards you use after that for a year. So then for the extra $130 you would get 400 minutes plus when you plug in the 120 minute card you would get 240 minutes and not need to buy more minutes for over a year.

As for the service, I was very pleased. Since they don't have their own network they use everyone elses. On my trip, over 4 hours each way, I was only out of service for about 20 minutes each way. With Verizon, Cingular and Tmobile this same trip only has coverage just in town and just outside of town. Driving through the mountains was great with cell service so I could take care of business while my wife drove.