Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Hold Everything closing nationwide...

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Granted, it's only eight stores, but there are some deals to be had if you live near one.

I noticed the 50% off signs in the store windows yesterday, so I asked one of the employees what was going on. She said that they're shutting everything down...the stores, the catalog orders, and the Web site. The discount was up to 60% off today, and the Cincinnati location's last day is Friday.

No clearance prices at the Web site yet, so I hope it's only a matter of time.
Old 03-22-06, 06:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by printerati
Granted, it's only eight stores, but there are some deals to be had if you live near one.

I noticed the 50% off signs in the store windows yesterday, so I asked one of the employees what was going on. She said that they're shutting everything down...the stores, the catalog orders, and the Web site. The discount was up to 60% off today, and the Cincinnati location's last day is Friday.

No clearance prices at the Web site yet, so I hope it's only a matter of time.
Thanks! I'll check it out!
Old 03-23-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Williams-Sonoma to close Hold Everything stores
DSN Retailing Today
Thursday, January 12, 2006

Williams-Sonoma today said it will close its 11-store Hold Everything concept by the end of the year to focus on its more profitable Pottery Barn and West Elm chains.
The retailer, which also reported a 4.5% same-store sales increase for the eight-week holiday period ended Dec. 25, 2005, said it will record charges of up to $12 million for shutting down the Hold Everything storage goods stores.

Williams-Sonoma said it would cease all marketing under Hold Everything brand by the end of this year, including discontinuing its catalog sales, and sell some storage merchandise at its other stores instead.

Williams-Sonoma said holiday season same-store sales were up in all of its formats except Hold Everything.

Total sales for the eight weeks rose 12% to $868.7 million.

For the fourth quarter, the retailer maintained its earnings forecast for $1.07 to $1.09 per share, excluding charges from shutting Hold Everything.

Williams-Sonoma expects to record after-tax charges in the range of $10 million to $12 million, or 9 cents to 10 cents per share, the majority recorded in the fourth quarter.

Fourth-quarter revenue is expected to be between $1.205 billion and $1.22 billion, narrower than its previous forecast for $1.199 billion to $1.22 billion.

For the next fiscal year, the company expects earnings per share to show a percentage increase in the mid- to high-teens, with revenue up in the low-double digits to low-teens. The forecast excludes one-time items including Hold Everything charges and costs for expensing stock options.

At the end of the third quarter of 2005, Williams-Sonoma operated 256 Williams-Sonoma stores, 188 Pottery Barn stores, 88 Pottery Barn Kids stores, 11 Hold Everything stores, 10 West Elm stores, 3 Williams-Sonoma Home stores and 15 outlets.
Old 03-23-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeeden
Williams-Sonoma operated 256 Williams-Sonoma stores, 188 Pottery Barn stores, 88 Pottery Barn Kids stores, 11 Hold Everything stores, 10 West Elm stores, 3 Williams-Sonoma Home stores and 15 outlets.
We have one of each of these (except the outlet) in the same mall. Until tomorrow, that is.

Also, the store locations have been removed from the Web site, so you'd better know where the store is if you're going to check it out. It's rumored that there might be additional discounts on the last day, but the employees weren't certain.