Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

HOT? Sirius Satellite Radio

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

HOT? Sirius Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I listened to the free 3 day trial of Sirus. While the content is amazing, it bugged me that it still has commercials. Real lame ones, people with goofy voices, over and over. Same silly clip. Quite annoying, does XM do this too?
Old 12-22-05, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

on what station did you hear this?
Old 12-22-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts
Originally Posted by Barney1234
I listened to the free 3 day trial of Sirus. While the content is amazing, it bugged me that it still has commercials. Real lame ones, people with goofy voices, over and over. Same silly clip. Quite annoying, does XM do this too?
Yep. Most of the stations promote special events on other channels. It's annoying on both.
Old 12-23-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Yep. Most of the stations promote special events on other channels. It's annoying on both.
Yeah, I dont get that at all. [Smithers]"The audience is already here, do we really have to keep hustling them?"[/Smithers]
Old 12-23-05, 02:46 AM

I'm an xm guy, but I'm also a huge advocate of satellite radio, so if it takes you loving Stern instead of Opie & Andy (xm's version o' Stern) to get on board, then so be it.

I have Sirius thru Dish & pay for an xm Skifi2 so I feel I know them both and here's the good news; both are awesome! I am the definition of a casual user, so to me they are basically the same beautiful animal. Buy with confidence.
Old 01-09-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Christ, I heartily recommend that people avoid Sirius like the plague. It seems as if they take delight in making it hard for you to get any assistance. My 4th time trying to get through to customer service (after holding forever and then getting a dead line or a busy signal) was finally successful... and I got sent to an overseas calling center. Hadji on the other end had a heavy accent, so I had trouble understanding him. To top it all off, he was mumbling. When I asked if I could be transferred to someone else, he refused, and told me I had to call back again. I asked to speak to his supervisor, and he replied with "I don't have one." Then the little piece of garbage hung up on me.

If this is how Sirius treats their customers, they don't need my money.

It's a real shame, too... I'd love to have satellite radio, but Sirius apparently doesn't want my money, and I won't give my money to XM while they have Opie & Anthony as part of their service.
Old 01-09-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts
Did you call yesterday or today? If so, you might have had the issue alot of people had w/ the hundreds of thousands people who activated today and yesterday.
Old 01-10-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, any GOOD deals on a package deal? I'm looking for somethign for work (but my desk is across the aisle from a WINDOW, so I'm not sure if it will work...any suggestions?)