Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

$50 Apple iBooks near Richmond, VA

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

$50 Apple iBooks near Richmond, VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 12:51 AM
lxl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$50 is way too cheap
Old 08-17-05, 01:09 AM

The actions of the people were, for the most part, disgusting. What is really sad is that some people went to this iBook sale with the intention of getting their first computer. People who can't afford a $1,000 laptop, and can't even afford a used $250 one. Instead, they are already popping up like crazy on eBay. While it was great that Henrico County offered their residents a bargain basement price for a chance at a good laptop, they should have restricted it to those that would actually put it to use (though, admittedly, it is difficult to figure out exactly who that would be) - not idiots who brought their children so they could buy three of them that would just go onto eBay, since their $3,000 Vaios are far superior.
Old 08-17-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Should have checked i.d. and only sold it to residents of the town or offer them to the parents of the school children first. Problem solved.
Old 08-17-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ahhh yes human nature...more evidence of evolution.
Old 08-17-05, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Should have checked i.d. and only sold it to residents of the town or offer them to the parents of the school children first. Problem solved.
Actually, it was limited to residents of Henrico County. Didn't solve anything.
Old 08-17-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haha,

way to drive through the crowd -- this sounds like a spoof or something...haha. It makes perfect sense, 5,500 people lining up to buy 1,000 laptops. Someone can't count.

Later,

Matt
Old 08-17-05, 04:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ben12
Don't even try and compare this to Black Friday. The thing about this whole mob thing is that any one of those people could have avoided getting urine or a folding chair on them if they just didn't care THAT much about getting a cheap laptop. Same for the Black Friday deals. You go to try and get some good deals, but don't have anything in mind that you MUST GET OR YOUR FAMILY/CHILDREN WILL STOP LOVING YOU etc. That's the thing about these mob sales. I'm sure there were lots of ppl that showed up, saw the carnage, and were like "Fuck that" and then went to pee in the TOILET!

Man, peeing oneself in public is about the lowest a human being can get. I'd only do that to save a life.
Depends on how you define "public": if you've ever surfed in a cold climate before, pissing in your wesuit is one way to keep warm. Really.
-g
Old 08-17-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MAH4546
The actions of the people were, for the most part, disgusting. What is really sad is that some people went to this iBook sale with the intention of getting their first computer. People who can't afford a $1,000 laptop, and can't even afford a used $250 one. Instead, they are already popping up like crazy on eBay. While it was great that Henrico County offered their residents a bargain basement price for a chance at a good laptop, they should have restricted it to those that would actually put it to use (though, admittedly, it is difficult to figure out exactly who that would be) - not idiots who brought their children so they could buy three of them that would just go onto eBay, since their $3,000 Vaios are far superior.
well said.
Old 08-17-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sometimes humanity makes me sad
Old 08-18-05, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by gunn
Depends on how you define "public": if you've ever surfed in a cold climate before, pissing in your wesuit is one way to keep warm. Really.
-g
Which counts as "saving a life," so my statement stands as is.
Old 08-19-05, 02:16 AM

rofl that laptop isn't worth 50$

if someone offered you a pentium m 700 mhz (if they even make those) laptop with a 12 inch screen, 10 gb harddrive, weighs over 5 lbs, and has shit battery life would you pay for it?

(i work for one of the largest apple retailers, we get so many of these chalk white ibooks in for repair)
Old 08-19-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clayfu

(i work for one of the largest apple retailers, we get so many of these chalk white ibooks in for repair)
And how much does it normally cost to repair one of these antiques? Probably over $50.