Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Free Ipod Shuffle (512)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Free Ipod Shuffle (512)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Yep -- www.macys.com Unfortunately, this deal is not valid with online purchases, you have to do this in person. Source: http://www.dockersmusicoffer.com/

From FW: This offer will be available to all Macy's across the country but ON DIFFERENT DATES. The East/Central region is first (5/24 - 5/30), then Florida Region (6/2 - 6/8), finally West/Northwest region (6/8 - 6/14)
Where'd they get this info from? Because I don't want to miss the dates because I waited until the 13th to do it...
Old 05-28-05, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Macy's doesn't require a receipt to return clothes, couldn't you buy the 5 pairs of pants, get your ipod, then return the pants for credit? Not that I'm suggesting you do that...

Also, Citibank is running this promotion on shuffles...

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/cbol/05/...16C461162C95FC

Apply online for a Regular Checking account with the Citibank® EZ Checking account package – it will only take a few minutes.
Fund the account with $1,500
Pay 2 bills online each month for the first 12 consecutive calendar months at citibankonline.com. You will receive your iPod® shuffle* within 90 days after you pay your first 2 bills

With all of these promotions around, shouldn't be too hard to score a shuffle for cheap!
Old 05-28-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
You totally just broke the no free ipods rule.
For those of you who haven't had had your coffee yet today, the above is a JOKE!!!!! $^)
Old 05-29-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
ONE WORD: Father's day.
That's two words.
Old 05-30-05, 02:15 PM
Retired

Citibank had a deal for a free iPod mini as well. Not sure if it's still ongoing. It required a larger deposit. My girlfriend did it and got her mini a couple weeks ago.
Old 05-31-05, 09:25 PM

In addition to opening a bank account (see my post above), Citibank is running a shuffle promotion for their credit cards:

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/prof...CB&B=G&BT_TX=1

You have to spend $500 in the first 3 months of getting the card.

Geez, you'd think I work for Citibank or something! But no, just trying to get a free shuffle
Old 06-01-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
Where'd they get this info from? Because I don't want to miss the dates because I waited until the 13th to do it...
Sorry, I don't know. The certificate I had in hand (from a Northern VA Macy's) had only the dates mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and there is no mention of other dates for other regions on the Dockers website. View it with a grain of salt.
Old 06-07-05, 08:01 AM

Just got an email saying I did not meet requirements because of following:

Original/Copy of UPC code(s)or SKU Number(s) needed were not included.

WTF? I re-read requirements and didn't see anything about that as I thought only original receipt was necessary
Old 06-07-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdhoang

WTF? I re-read requirements and didn't see anything about that as I thought only original receipt was necessary
Do they have a number to call? I had a similar experience this past spring with Lowe's paint, it was $5 off per gallon and I had two gallons. No UPC was required. It was denied... because the UPC's were not submitted. I called and they sent the check for $10.

Did they really say "UPC code(s)", which is redundent (the "C" in UPC = code, so UPC code = universal product code code).

And has anybody mentioned Citibank's promotion yet? (joke, it's been mentioned two or three times) I had been looking at it, the $1,500 minimum balance is in any account, not just the checking account. What I was thinking of doing (but probably won't get around to doing) was to open up the checking account with $1,600, buy a $1,500 one year CD a couple of weeks later (leaving $100 in the account), then paying a couple of my smaller recurring bills out of it. Then, right after I pay those bills I deposit however much was spent back into the account to bring it back to $100. Since the CD has $1,500, I would never drop below the $1,500 minimum.

I did win an iPod mini (512 MB) through my local TV station a couple of weeks ago, saw a code on the TV, entered it on the computer, and they called me a couple of days later (that promotion is now over). The iPod really is a nice device though I'm not sure it's worth $100.
Old 06-09-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Sorry, I don't know. The certificate I had in hand (from a Northern VA Macy's) had only the dates mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and there is no mention of other dates for other regions on the Dockers website. View it with a grain of salt.
Thanks. Verified it, it's in the local paper as of yesterday for the West Coast (I'm in the Los Angeles area). Curiously, it's pretty small print, I'd think they'd want to advertise it more. I'm going today to see if they have anything decent...
Old 06-10-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So how did this pan out? I just sent mine in yesterday (without UPCs), and I'm a little worried, because it says that you can't resubmit... Not to mention some places on their website mention that the 150 is pre-tax, and the coupon says it's post-tax...

I guess I'll keep the tags from the pants just in case... I also wonder what the "equivalent" is if they run out of ipods.
Old 06-13-05, 07:21 AM

I called them and they said problem was amount less than $150. I argued with rep saying form said $150 POST TAX. She talked with supervisor who agreed amount is $150 post tax, but I would need to fax in copy of receipt. Fortunately, I made a copy before sending original and was able to fax in copy of my receipt. Checked status this morning, and status has not yet changed.
Old 06-13-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I called them and they said problem was amount less than $150. I argued with rep saying form said $150 POST TAX. She talked with supervisor who agreed amount is $150 post tax, but I would need to fax in copy of receipt. Fortunately, I made a copy before sending original and was able to fax in copy of my receipt. Checked status this morning, and status has not yet changed.
Why the heck would they need you to fax in a copy of the receipt when they require you send in the original receipt anyway???

Argh. Well, I did the 150 pre tax anyway, because I knew they would screw that up, considering they have conflicting information in their terms. What scares me now is that the Western region was the last to get this deal, and I can't imagine what they consider a "suitable replacement" is if they run out of the ipods. A stick of gum? It's about the same size, right?
Old 06-13-05, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Why the heck would they need you to fax in a copy of the receipt when they require you send in the original receipt anyway???

Argh. Well, I did the 150 pre tax anyway, because I knew they would screw that up, considering they have conflicting information in their terms. What scares me now is that the Western region was the last to get this deal, and I can't imagine what they consider a "suitable replacement" is if they run out of the ipods. A stick of gum? It's about the same size, right?
Apparently, rebate rep I spoke with didn't have the receipt so she wanted me to fax it in. Since I had a copy, I didn't feel like arguing with her.

LOL on the stick of gum! Checked status recently and my rebate is now Qualified! So it appears $150 post tax is okay (though I had to deal with some hassle to get it approved).
Old 07-28-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So anyone get their ipod shuffle yet? My rebate is still "processing"
Old 07-29-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Mine shipped yesterday!!