Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread Part 2

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-04, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60% off with no S&H = F4OD15
Old 07-02-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To get 60% off with no shipping and handling, enter promotion code "F4OD31" in the box on the left side of our homepage. Hurry! Offer expires 07/04/04.
Old 07-02-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thought i'd add this bit of newly discovered information regarding BMG:

so it seems that you are no longer able to select anything but 1CD albums with your free selections. regardless of whether or not you have completed your membership obligation.

that's a real bummer, since for me at least, this was a huge advantage that BMG had over CH.

here's the real kicker, though: new membership enrollments are apparently allowed to include 2CD sets. i've just tested this. seems a little unfair that i can't even get a 2CD set with my free selections on a fullfilled member account, but i can while choosing new member selections? hah.
Old 07-03-04, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Hollowgen
thought i'd add this bit of newly discovered information regarding BMG:

so it seems that you are no longer able to select anything but 1CD albums with your free selections. regardless of whether or not you have completed your membership obligation.

that's a real bummer, since for me at least, this was a huge advantage that BMG had over CH.
Yeah, this sucks. I had been eyeing a double CD collection by Jimmy Cliff that normally isn't cheap and I couldn't use my freebies for it. I knew I should have ordered this when I had the chance.
Old 07-03-04, 12:52 PM

I just logged into my Columbia House account and the offer is buy 1 get 4 free plus 10% today for the holiday. I might have to get on that deal.
Old 07-04-04, 12:41 AM

I don't see this on my account (I'm a premium member). Is there an online code, kermite?

j.
Old 07-05-04, 02:08 PM
Banned

all BMG codes are dead
Old 07-09-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does CH allow more than one membership per household?
Old 07-09-04, 12:30 PM

Also, can someone clarify what this PSN is? I receive mailings from CH's DVD club. I'm just at a loss as to where to find it, what it's on in the mailing.
Old 07-09-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've got an update regarding the multi-unit sets at BMG. Below is a copy of the my e-mail to them, and their response:

----------------------------

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

Please be assured an exception can be made on multi unit sets, simply
email us your order.

It is a pleasure to be of service.

Your Friends at
BMG Music Service

F08C165018

===== Original Message Attached =====

------------MESSAGE------------

BMG once had a strong advantage over Columbia House. On BMG, members were allowed to use "free CDs" towards the purchase of 2CD sets, or even box sets. This no longer seems to be the case, yet New Members can choose 2CD sets for their enrollment packages? I've been an established member for years, and I can't even pick up a double album using my free points? Not only does this sadden me, but it prompts me to look somewhere else for better deals.

Once a longtime fan of BMG,
Old 07-09-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by iggystar
Also, can someone clarify what this PSN is? I receive mailings from CH's DVD club. I'm just at a loss as to where to find it, what it's on in the mailing.
PSN stands for preferred status number. It is your eleven digit account number from a previous account. It is intended as an incentive for former members to rejoin the club.
Old 07-12-04, 08:22 AM

anybody have a recent (usuable) B1G3 BMG code? E4MD has expired.
Old 07-12-04, 09:55 AM

My current offer is "B1G2 then take unlimited CDs for 2.99 each". No idea what the code is. My account is already fulfilled.
Old 07-12-04, 09:56 AM

At CH, I still have B2G5 and it said on the website that it expired on 7/30/04
Old 07-12-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by aisle9
anybody have a recent (usuable) B1G3 BMG code? E4MD has expired.
To get the "Buy 1, Get 3 Free" offer, enter promotion code "G4MD" in the box on the left side of our homepage. Hurry! Offer expires 08/30/04.
Old 07-12-04, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by evitagen
I got a rejection letter in the mail from CH today saying that the WXR code is no longer valid.
Same thing happened to me today.
Old 07-13-04, 01:04 PM

Ok, so I got my initial e-mail stating my application was being reviewed. This was over a week ago, so I called CH to see what was going on. I was told that my application was being denied and that it was a business decision!? I asked the CSR what that meant, she was really vague, she couldn't really tell me. (I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the fact I was applying through a friend so she could get her 5 free CDs?)

Now, this wouldn't be the first time I signed on with CH, but the first time since I've been at this address with this credit card. So what's up with that, I give all my vital information and they don't even tell me I'm denied?!!!!

What was funny was the CSR said she would send me an application directly from her that would absolutely go through(?!). So I tell her since she's doing all that I want a 15 free deal which she agree to do. I'm confused.
Old 07-13-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'm sure by "business decision" they mean they've been "losing" too much $$ with the deal that doesn't involve anyone paying anything up front for a stack of cds. or even giving a credit card number.
Old 07-14-04, 07:50 AM

So you think the difference is the CSR is sending me a application in the mail that I would need to submit with a check - the money is paid up front so they would let me be a member? But I used the same debit card to join the DVD club, this I hadn't planned but received a call from them soliciting me to join?

OK, I'm back with BMG now.
Old 07-14-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by iggystar
So you think the difference is the CSR is sending me a application in the mail that I would need to submit with a check - the money is paid up front so they would let me be a member? But I used the same debit card to join the DVD club, this I hadn't planned but received a call from them soliciting me to join?
i was responding to the comments made about the debacle with the no longer valid "WXR" code.
Old 07-21-04, 02:35 PM

July 22 CH reduced s&h? Any info?

Tomorrow (Thurs) there will be reduced shipping, according to an email i received today. Does anyone know the deal?

Thanks, E.
Old 07-21-04, 04:07 PM

I just tried one of the cheap codes at Columbia House and got a rejection letter today -- "offer expired." *sigh*

But I still have two questions about the club. I've been a frequent CH member in past years. My last membership was cancelled by them last November when they discontinued the classical music club that I was enrolled in.

1. What's the current deal on buying DVDs to fulfill your music club commitments? Can you order any DVD or is the selection rather restricted.

1a. Related to the first question, if there are expensive DVD sets available, say $30 sets or more, do you get double the amount of free CDs as a bonus? If you buy an expensive double CD on a buy one get 2 free deal, then you'd normally get four single discs for free (plus shipping). I wondered if the same applied to expensive DVD sets.

2. Since the great deal codes are now gone, are there any other codes at all that are better than the standard deal? Just what is the standard deal now, by the way? I used to get an offer in the mail that would be like 12 free, plus buy two more at reduced cost and then that would reduce the number you'd have to buy in the future.

Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-27-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

for you BMG junkies:

To get 60% off with No Shipping & Handling, enter the promotion code "G4OD4" in the box on the left side of our homepage. Hurry! Offer expires 07/29/04.
Old 07-27-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone who hasn't voted yet, be sure to head on over to the Other Forum to vote for Thor Simpson and WhoGirl.

> DVD Talk Election thread

Thor's plan to bring more fun for you and the forum can be seen here.
Old 07-27-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

now if only i could use a bmg promo code for that....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.