Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Group Forums > Horror FREAKS!
Reload this Page >

Jack Torrance (The Shining) Book available on Amazon.com

Horror FREAKS! Click here to visit this social group

Old 01-07-09, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From Arrow in the Head:

"Over twenty years ago, an author named Jack Torrance went stark-raving mad in a Colorado hotel, almost murdering his family, successfully killing a caretaker, and eventually freezing to death in the bitter cold on the hotel's grounds. You may have heard about the incident, it's one of those so-crazy-it-must-be-true deals. What usually gets overlooked (um, pun not intended) is the fact that Torrance was working on a novel, one that some speculate was the reason behind his bizarre slide into insanity. Others think it was something else. No one knows for sure, and maybe a thing like this is best left that way...

BUT, this will be of interest for the morbidly curious out there. The book Torrance was writing has finally become available to own. There's no telling what the contents are, but I've heard it's fairly disturbing. The book - titled "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" - begins one way and then, well... ends in unexpected fashion... I don't know about you, but even though I am the morbidly curious sort, this one just gives me the heebie-jeebies. No telling what might happen while you read it. You got the guts? Click right HERE to order it, it's only $9.99... Please don't say I didn't warn you."

http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=15139
Old 01-07-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Jack Torrance (The Shining) Book available on Amazon.com

Awesome, 128 pages of "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Sounds like it's worth $9.99.
Old 01-07-09, 04:57 PM

Sounds like an aspiring author got lazy and decided to self-publish this crap. I wonder if Stephen King can sue?
Old 01-07-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This isn't for real, is it?