Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The A Team Complete Series on Blu-ray 6/8/2022

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 01-10-23, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 433 Likes on 369 Posts

I did not know this existed until this week

Maybe some people would like to know

I have no idea if the transfers are any good.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-A...lu-ray/316636/

Old 01-11-23, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: The A Team Complete Series on Blu-ray 6/8/2022

Snagged it on release day. Hoped to break it open and start watching right away. And here we are with that in the be watched pile and the price has dropped a few times considerably. Was concerned it might be like other complete sets that were in high demand and be difficult to get.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 206 Likes on 177 Posts

Also had no idea this was released in June of 2022, and I am a fan of the show. The issue for me is that I tried a re-watch several years back when I could catch airings on cable tv and while I could get through most episodes just fine from start to finish, I found quite a few dragged and found myself mostly wanting to watch the beginning when a client meets with the team to hire them, and fast forward to the part where you get the montage of them building an armored vehicle tricked out with gun slits and flame thrower ports, stuff like that. Still a fun show with fond memories, but man...you quickly realize how many tv series pre-streaming were really clunky in parts and we did not have a thousand other streaming options to turn too if what you were watching no longer held your attention.

Still, at around $50.00 I might purchase and watch each ep while doing exactly what I said, keeping my finger on the FF button to speed most eps along.

There were some incredible episodes that are very memorable, like the one where they rig up a record player to make it sound like a small army is firing back at the military waiting outside, and the military's tank lets loose firing at the building thinking the team are inside, I can watch bits like that all day long, so fun. The episodes where Colonel Decker was after the team were often times quite fun.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The big complaint is that nobody died on the show but that was back in more simple times.
Old 01-11-23, 10:03 PM
Premium Member

Received 457 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
The big complaint is that nobody died on the show but that was back in more simple times.
It was rare, but General Fulbright was shot and died.
Old 01-11-23, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 831 Likes on 643 Posts

They always shot at peoples feet. Then there were those awkward dutch angles of people jumping or being thrown about. I remember the episode Rick James was on - I think he performed at a prison or something.
Old 01-12-23, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot what happened in the 2010 movie but I think that was more edgy and violent.
Old 01-12-23, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 180 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I forgot what happened in the 2010 movie but I think that was more edgy and violent.
Not much. It was decidedly PG-13. Lots of hyperactive action and absurdly stupid VFX stunts and spectacle, but I don't recall any real deaths or carnage.
Old 01-12-23, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 831 Likes on 643 Posts

Loved the film and prefer the unrated/extended edition. The cast just gelled really well and you could see that everyone was having a ball. It was also one of the first films Liam Neeson starred in after his wife died, so it was most likely cathartic for Neeson to be on a film like that.
Old 01-15-23, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 584 Likes on 503 Posts

The guest stars are a hoot. Catch the wrestling episodes with Hulk Hogan if you enjoy that era.

The A-Team mostly holds up if you only watch the better episodes. The transfers are serviceable, definitely better than DVD.