Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ladyhawke BR

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Ladyhawke BR

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-21, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ladyhawke BR

I think WB/20thFOX did an excellent job with the Ladyhawke Blu-ray, on every level. That said, I’ve always been incredibly surprised by the re-grading in the scene where Gaston goes for wood in the forest, escapes the farmers and finally sees Isabeau for the first time. What was an evident night exterior in the original, here has changed in a strange colored day-for-night oddly graded sequence. It seems like they re-graded the scene stressing the color and resulting in a very strange rendition of shadows and skin-tones (the shadows are clearly “colored” in a very bad way). What happened? Did they skipped any filter? Does anyone know if this was fixed on other editions of the BR?
Old 07-13-21, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Re: Ladyhawke BR

If it's a new transfer, they have to check and fix the color timing. Especially if they do a new transfer from the original negative, since the negative won't have any of the color timing work done.

This article notes that the color timing between the US WB ARchive release and the Fox international release is different, but suggest the WB one is better:
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/com...lu-ray.340393/