Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection (4K UHD) -- 11/3/2020

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-20, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

THE WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON

GAME OF THRONES®:

THE COMPLETE COLLECTION

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN 4K ULTRA HD

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 3, 2020

The Only Way to Watch the Complete Iconic Series in 4K Ultra HD,
Just in Time for the 2020 Holiday Season

BURBANK, CA, July 9, 2020 – The #1 selling home entertainment television series of all time*, and most-watched series in HBO history, Game of Thrones remains a blockbuster hit and cultural sensation. Now, for the first time ever, the entire series can be owned in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases Game of Thrones®: The Complete Collection on 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM on November 3, 2020. Featuring all 73 episodes along with over 15 hours of bonus content, plus Digital Copy (US only), this must-have set is priced to own at $254.99 SRP ($289.99 in Canada). Game of Thrones Seasons 1-8 are also available to own on Digital in HD via purchase from digital retailers.

*Source: WHV Category Management, Market Insights. Data thru 6/20/20, United States.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection on 4K Ultra HD will also be available in an exclusive limited-edition version at Best Buy for $285.43 SRP ($320.43 in Canada). Containing the same episode and bonus content, all eight epic seasons will be featured in individual steelbooks and housed in a striking individually numbered metal case.

Based on the best-selling novel series by George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones has earned a total of 161 Emmy® nominations and 59 wins, which are the most nominations and wins of any Comedy or Drama series in Emmy history. The Cultural Phenomenon also stands as HBO’s most-viewed program ever, with the final season averaging a record-setting 44 million viewers in the U.S.

The ensemble cast includes Emmy® and Golden Globe® winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) and Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont).

“We are thrilled to offer Game of Thrones fans an in-home viewing experience worthy of the groundbreaking show with the long-awaited release of Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on 4K Ultra HD,” said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, Television Marketing. “For the first time ever and unavailable anywhere else, loyal fans and collectors will be able to enjoy every extraordinary moment of this iconic show in eye-popping 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision HDR. Packed with over 15 hours of special features spanning all 8 seasons and a digital copy of every episode, this collectable set also makes a perfect holiday gift!”

The 4K Ultra HD discs of Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame.

Also, the 4K Ultra HD discs of Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection will feature Dolby Atmos® soundtracks remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

The 4K Ultra HD release includes over 15 hours of bonus features originally released on the 2019 Game of Thrones: The Complete Series and The Complete Collection (Limited Collector’s Edition) Blu-ray sets.

MORE THAN 15 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES INCLUDING
  • Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A two-part reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
  • Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
  • Conquest & Rebellion: An Animated History of Seven Kingdoms
  • Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 8 seasons!

DIGITAL

Game of Thrones Seasons 1-8 and The Complete Series are currently available to own on Digital. Digital purchase allows consumers to instantly stream and download to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, Google Play, Vudu and others.

4K ULTRA HD

Street Date: November 3, 2020

Rating: TV-MA

33 Discs (23 BD-100s, 7 BD-66s, 3 BD-50s)

4K UHD Presented in 16×9 widescreen format

Audio: English, French, Spanish

Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Runtime: Feature Approx. 75 hours

Enhanced Content: Approx. 15 hours

National 4K UHD Price: $254.99 SRP US / $289.99 SRP Canada

Best Buy 4K UHD Exclusive Limited-Edition Price: $285.43 SRP US / $320.43 SRP Canada

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WB Ultra.
Old 07-09-20, 03:21 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection (4K UHD) -- 11/3/2020

In for a copy as soon as it hits $99.99.

Sure, I can wait.
Old 07-09-20, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah, I'm going to wait until it's around $100 as well (maybe $150). I can watch it anytime in HD on HBO, so there's no rush.
Old 07-12-20, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I do wonder how big a market they expect for its sales.
Old 07-12-20, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Before the series finale was aired, this was the only show which might have been able to convince me to finally buy a 4Kbluray player.

After the series finale, I have no interest anymore in buying. (I never purchased any of the previous dvd/bluray sets).
Old 07-12-20, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I’ll pass on this, as I have all the seasons on BD and I have HBO Max, and unfortunately the pleasure I got from rewatching the series every couple of years is pretty much gone. I’ll try it again someday, though.
Old 07-12-20, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

I just bought the final season on 4K UHD a few weeks ago and I have the previous seasons all on BD. So I'm going to pass on this as well.
Old 07-13-20, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I never bought the last season. I almost lost hope they were releasing this when the blu-ray set came out last year.
Old 07-13-20, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
Before the series finale was aired, this was the only show which might have been able to convince me to finally buy a 4Kbluray player.

After the series finale, I have no interest anymore in buying. (I never purchased any of the previous dvd/bluray sets).
I'm right there with you. Those last 2 seasons were so bad, I have no interest in even revisiting the early seasons when HBO does a marathon every once in a while. I've never done a 180 on a show like I did with GOT, as I still love The Sopranos (even though I hate the ending).
Old 07-13-20, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Season one through four are absolutely golden.

Five and six are still very good, but not up to the first four seasons.

Seven and eight are rushed messes.

And, yeah, I agree that the final season really damaged the property. It ended on such a whimper that almost everyone has already forgotten about it and moved on. It's like B&W got bored or had other projects lined up and just wanted to end it.

Sad, really.
Old 07-13-20, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's like B&W got bored or had other projects lined up and just wanted to end it.
Have they done anything since GOT? I remember they were rushing the last 2 seasons of GOT because they wanted to start working on a new SW trilogy, but they ended up (quitting or getting fired) by Kathleen Kennedy?
Old 07-13-20, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Have they done anything since GOT? I remember they were rushing the last 2 seasons of GOT because they wanted to start working on a new SW trilogy, but they ended up (quitting or getting fired) by Kathleen Kennedy?
They signed a massive $300M development deal with Netflix.

But, they can't make anything right now because there's a fucking pandemic.
Old 07-13-20, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I recently saw Gemini Man, and Benioff was one of the writers.
Old 07-14-20, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
They signed a massive $300M development deal with Netflix.

But, they can't make anything right now because there's a fucking pandemic.
Interesting as I didn't know that. I thought they were attached a few years ago to a future HBO series about if the South had won the Civil War? I assumed it was similar to 'The Man in the High Castle', a what if show about Germany/Japan winning WW2.
Old 07-14-20, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Interesting as I didn't know that. I thought they were attached a few years ago to a future HBO series about if the South had won the Civil War? I assumed it was similar to 'The Man in the High Castle', a what if show about Germany/Japan winning WW2.
Yeah that HBO project was cancelled.

Alright, I know not everyone has something to say about a Game of Thrones 4K disc set, but let's not get too far off topic. This is not a Game of Thrones or a Weiss/Benioff content and series discussion thread.
Old 07-17-20, 11:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Season one through four are absolutely golden.

Five and six are still very good, but not up to the first four seasons.

Seven and eight are rushed messes.
Not coincidentally, when they strayed further and further from the books is when the show went off the rails. The first few seasons were very faithful to the books, and were much better for it.