Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Generally, why don't new release Blu-rays (and 4Ks) include trailers and TV spots?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Generally, why don't new release Blu-rays (and 4Ks) include trailers and TV spots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-18, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Generally, why don't new release Blu-rays (and 4Ks) include trailers and TV spots

And someone at either Fox or Lucasfilm ordered it pulled off Wing Commander during its first week- I got called in on a day off to do it. (They were real dicks with that trailer, they actually demanded all of them be sent back when they were done playing!)

Edit- actually that one was the second trailer, which I have 2 copies of as they didn’t want that one back. It was the first one a few months earlier that I HAD to send back. I put it on most movies as the first trailer when we got it, and saw a lot of people leave after it was over.
Old 07-12-18, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Generally, why don't new release Blu-rays (and 4Ks) include trailers and TV spots

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
This. I do wish there were a database of EVERY disc and tape ever released that includes trailers and which ones they are, but it seems too big a task for anyone to attempt.
http://dvdcompare.net/ does a pretty good job.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Trailers are yet another thing that have been cheapened both by the internet and digital projection
Agreed. Yes, we can see it on YouTube, but I didn't just pay ~$15 for a Blu-ray to go visit YouTube. The trailer is already finished, so why not include it? On rare occasion, I've actually bought a UK import because it included the trailer over its bare-bones US counterpart.