Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Army of Darkness- corrected version on Amazon?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-16, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been holding out so I wouldn't have to get the replacement disc. Anyone know if corrected versions are in stores?
Old 04-02-16, 03:14 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Army of Darkness- corrected version on Amazon?

On that note, could someone please tell me the exact timestamps to spot what's missing in the International Cut (the scene with Tiny Ash)?

Last edited by John Pannozzi; 04-02-16 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-04-16, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by El Kabong
I've been holding out so I wouldn't have to get the replacement disc. Anyone know if corrected versions are in stores?
I never have any problems with these replacement programs. It seemed like it took forever for my AoD discs to arrive but looking back I've had them for months. So much for "holding out."
Old 06-12-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

This review mentions the glitch on the initial pressing:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Army-o...134101/#Review
There is at least one new anomaly on one of the versions in this set which Shout! has commendably been quick to address. That (admittedly) small glitch occurs at circa 28:00 in the Theatrical Version, where a second or two of footage of Ash jumping over a small stone wall is missing, between Ash tumbling down a hill and a wide shot of him running panicked toward a windmill, leading to a very brief audio sync issue.

Shout! has already announced that replacement discs alleviating this issue will be in the pipeline and delivered to consumers in November. (You can see the missing snippet at circa 29:53 in the Director's Cut and at circa 30:05 in the International Cut.)
I just bought it directly from Shout Factory, and got the corrected version.
Old 06-13-16, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I checked my discs, which I got when they were released, and there were no glitches or missing footage on mine.
Old 06-16-16, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I checked my discs, which I got when they were released, and there were no glitches or missing footage on mine.
If you got this when it was initially released you have the defective discs.
Old 06-16-16, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's easier just to check the numbers on the disc. The corrected versions have some additional numbers on the ring of the disc. The other thread has some specific info if you want to dig it up.
Old 06-16-16, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
I repeat.
Though I only checked the theatrical version.
Old 06-16-16, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
I was thinking the same thing. This didn't seem to be a partial lot issue. All of the first run was affected.

It's a very quick process. I already have my corrected discs and still have the bad ones laying around for no good reason.
Old 06-16-16, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It's easier just to check the numbers on the disc. The corrected versions have some additional numbers on the ring of the disc. The other thread has some specific info if you want to dig it up.
The only other thread is "The One and Only Shout and Scream Factory Blu-ray Thread" and it only had this info on the replacement program:

Originally Posted by asianxcore
The replacement program went live today. Replacements will be for Discs 1 & 3.

(Instructions):

http://cart.shoutfactorystore.com/re...pin=AODREPLACE

On behalf of Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased our recent Collector’s Edition of ARMY OF DARKNESS. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans.

It has come to our attention that there is footage missing from both the theatrical cut and the international cut of the film. We will be issuing replacement discs (#1 and #3) to anyone that has been affected.

If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

Please fill out the form on this page with your shipping and contact information.
Please send an email to [email protected] with your proof of purchase (a photo or scan of your printed receipt or your digital receipt if from on-line retailer).

Replacement discs will begin shipping out in the next 2-3 weeks. When your replacements do ship, you should receive an automated shipment confirmation via email.

If you have any questions or concerns about this replacement program, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Scream Factory

Digging through the blu-ray.com forum thread, Both the International Cut and Theatrical Cut discs should have a "-V2" appended to the end of the disc number. For example the Theatrical Cut disc should be BD 16027-V2
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....5#post11595475

International Cut disc is BD 16399-V2
https://www.reddit.com/r/dvdcollecti...y_for_20_from/

As the reddit thread notes, some people may have the corrected Theatrical Cut disc but not the corrected International Cut disc. The International Cut is missing a few "tiny Ashes" shots, although it didn't cause an audio sync error, and wasn't caught until a while after the issue with the Theatrical Cut was noticed.
Old 06-16-16, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I repeat.Though I only checked the theatrical version.
I don't know if you're sincerely mistaken or if you're being willfully ignorant but the corrected discs weren't available when the title launched.
Old 06-16-16, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not all initial pressings were affected.
Old 06-16-16, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes they were, it was an issue with the masters on each disc. Shout Factory didn't have replacements available until a month after its release.

At least double-check the discs for the "V2" label.
Old 06-16-16, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Digging through the blu-ray.com forum thread, Both the International Cut and Theatrical Cut discs should have a "-V2" appended to the end of the disc number. For example the Theatrical Cut disc should be BD 16027-V2
Yep, that's what I was talking about. My original copies didn't have that on there, but the corrected copies I got in the mail did.
Old 06-16-16, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All initial pressings were affected.
Old 06-16-16, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

dunno what to tell you except that there's no glitch/missing footage on my theatrical disc.

Shout's statement also says "if", suggesting it's not all.
Old 06-17-16, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

dunno what to tell you except that there's no glitch/missing footage on my theatrical disc...
...That you've noticed. Have you checked the disc numbers?

When exactly did you buy it? Was it a pre-order? Did you buy it on the day of release, Oct 27, 2015?

Shout's statement also says "if", suggesting it's not all.
If you're referring to this part of their notice:

"If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you..."

There's two other ways to read that sentence that would mean that all of the initial pressing was affected.

For one:
"If your copy of ARMY OF DARKNESS is missing footage and you would like a replacement disc sent to you..."

The "if" is referring to the desire for a replacement disc. Some people may be fine with the glitch, or maybe just can't be bothered to replace it.

For another, they may have put the "if" in there for future proofing, since they know that the notice may stay up online indefinitely, and people could be reading it years down the road, after fixed discs have already started shipping and most people have the corrected version.
Old 06-17-16, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Can't check the disc now, but I got it (from amazon) a bit more than a week after it had been out.
Old 06-17-16, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't check the disc now, but I got it (from amazon) a bit more than a week after it had been out.
Yeah, you have the defective discs. The glitch on disc 1 (theatrical) isn't that noticeable, and the missing footage on disc 3 (international) wouldn't be noticeable at all if you didn't know what footage was missing.
Old 06-18-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's pretty simple... no V2 - bad discs V2 - corrected