Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hellraiser Scarlet Box

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Hellraiser Scarlet Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-15, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Hellraiser Scarlet Box

Missed out! Damn!
Old 11-06-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

A regular box set without the swag will be released in January.

To those who have the the box set, how is the lost "Surgeon" scene from Hellraiser II? The still picture found on video releases over the years have me really curious if the scene was any good.
Old 11-17-15, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Finally got notice the Scarlet Box shipped. Now, is the potential horror of receiving a package that was used as a seat cushion by a seasonal USPS employee.
Old 11-18-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Finally got notice the Scarlet Box shipped. Now, is the potential horror of receiving a package that was used as a seat cushion by a seasonal USPS employee.
"We'll tear your boxset apart!"
Old 11-20-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
A regular box set without the swag will be released in January.
I really want to drop $150 on the Scarlet Box via Ebay but I know I'll rarely look at any of the extra stuff. It's just so damn pretty!

I think right now the regular Trilogy Box Set is on Amazon UK pre-order for around $67 before VAT tax & shipping.
Old 01-11-17, 09:25 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's a review up on this site that lists a release of this box in Region A. Is that actually a thing?

Edit: I see this release on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Sc.../dp/B01M219QJ6

It lists the box as Region A but the customer photos look like the UK Region B box set. Wish I could get some clarification because I'm not going to drop almost $100 on discs I can't play.
Old 01-11-17, 09:27 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

What do you mean? It's a review of the US release of the Scarlet Box.
Old 01-11-17, 09:31 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Supermallet
There's a review up on this site that lists a release of this box in Region A. Is that actually a thing?

Edit: I see this release on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Sc.../dp/B01M219QJ6

It lists the box as Region A but the customer photos look like the UK Region B box set. Wish I could get some clarification because I'm not going to drop almost $100 on discs I can't play.
The US release is identical to the U.K. one in its packaging. But I can confirm the US release plays as Region A. My PS4 to be exact. I paid $67 and change when it came out, but it actually went a little lower soon after it released.

Last edited by E Unit; 01-11-17 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-11-17, 09:36 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool, thank you for confirming.
Old 01-12-17, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Yeah I picked this up last month.

Too bad you missed out. It was $67 last month.

Great set. Kind of overwhelming content too for just 3 movies.
Old 01-12-17, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The set actually dropped to $63 at Amazon, and thanks to the heads up from DWilson, I was able to score one at that price. Didn't last long though.

Don't most Arrow titles eventually see a non-limited edition release at some point? Could be an option if somebody is really looking for the best price.
Old 01-12-17, 09:55 PM
Banned by request

Arrow UK released them individually, but you lose the extra disc. I'm guessing the US will see them released individually at some point, also sans the extra disc.
Old 01-12-17, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Yeah i should have clarified it was $63 plus tax and came out to around $68 and change to be exact. I picked it up when DWilson mentioned it.
Old 01-13-17, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a warning to those having it shipped, the top right corner (looking at the front cover) is susceptible to crushing if the shipping packaging isn't great. With just a bunch of digipaks inside the bigger box, that corner is the weak part of the box design and mind and my first copy got all bent up. And sadly Amazon is the king of sending a box set within a much bigger box with nothing keeping it from bounding around in there during transit.
Old 12-04-17, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since this was a UK release first, can anyone tell me if Arrow used the uncut UK or US version for part 3? I compared the uncut US VHS release to Anchor Bay's uncut UK DVD. One difference I noticed was in World War I dream sequence when that girl is talking to Doug Bradley, about 55:30 on VHS and 53:05 on UK (PAL) DVD. The part when that girl is about to walk through a trench and says, "Wait! Wait!" and looks to her right. The US version shows she's looking at a decapitated head in a helmet. The UK DVD just stays on her reaction.

The trench walk shows 11 heads on the uncut US but only 9 on the UK. The difference being the UK version shows the girls facial reactions while the US version shows what she's looking at. Maybe there's a youtube clip of the uncut VHS. I don't have any way to save or upload a VHS. Has anyone else heard about the trench walk or can take a look at the Arrow release to count heads?
Old 12-06-17, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Frozen
Since this was a UK release first, can anyone tell me if Arrow used the uncut UK or US version for part 3?
https://www.avforums.com/review/hell...y-review.12022

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth can be viewed in both its theatrical and unrated cuts. If you elect the unrated version, the extended scenes have been culled from a 1.33:1 laserdisc edition because the 35mm elements could not be traced for the purpose of this restoration. The result is a considerable downturn in video quality for these scenes.