Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazon- Demons preorder out of stock, Zoolander has been months?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Demons and Demons 2 preordered and neither shipped. I had also preordered Zoolander back in June when it was supposed to originally come out. It got pushed about 2 months and has been out for a while now but my preorder still hasn't shipped and it always says out of stock. But I see reviews saying they got it fast, etc. Anyone else having problems with these titles?
Old 11-12-14, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Amazon- Demons preorder out of stock, Zoolander has been months?

Something is going on in general with Amazon's media inventory of late. Some new releases are getting sold out from Amazon and they are not offering them for sale anymore, except through third-party sellers.
Old 11-12-14, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Synapse sez:

Just a note to our fans. Like the CURTAINS BLU being screwed up at Amazon on street date, it seems that Amazon has done it to us again with DEMONS and DEMONS 2. People are reporting that they haven't gotten their Amazon orders shipped and AMAZON have been telling customers it is "delayed". This is a lie that AMAZON is telling customers. The discs are out (many mom & pop shops broke street last week), and reviews are popping up all over the place. The discs ARE done and the runs have been shipped to distributors, and according to our distributor CAV, Amazon was shipped their copies almost two weeks ago. Why they are reported as "Temporarily Out of Stock" is a mystery we are currently trying to solve (unless they underordered and sold out AGAIN before filling all customer orders, like with CURTAINS). Of course, they did drop the prices of the Blus to $14.95, so it is a pretty good deal, but there is NO excuse that Amazon can give, other than they push us little indies to the side when updating their database and that the discs sat in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be checked in. It is a maddening issue, for sure, that we have been battling Amazon on for years. Another thing, we noticed yesterday that the listing for our "DEMONS 2 DVD" has all but disappeared from Amazon's search bar. If you go to "Movies & TV" and type in DEMONS 2 DVD, our version doesn't even show up first... but the crazily priced OOP version from Anchor Bay does!!! This wasn't happening just a couple weeks ago so, we are getting to the bottom as to why this has started happening. It happened with our PROM NIGHT DVD, too, and had to be "fixed" after repeated calls to Amazon to correct the problem. This DEMONS 2 DVD issue is new development and doesn't make ANY sense, because, if you go to the DEMONS 2 BLU listing, it goes to ours if you click on the DVD version within the DEMONS 2 BLU listing. Infuriating. All we can suggest is, in the future, support us by buying direct from our website (this way the money goes direct to Synapse Films, instead of our distributor that takes a cut... keeping us alive for a little longer. HAHA!). Our web orders for DEMONS & DEMONS 2 all started shipping out LAST week to people. Or, support indie e-tailers like www.diabolikdvd.com. Unlike Amazon, they got their copies into their system, and have been selling them from their site for many days now. Again, so sorry for this. AMAZON has some SERIOUS internal problems that need to be fixed but, since we are very small potatoes compared to the studios, they push our issues to the bottom of the pile, along with our releases (most of the time).
I only ordered Zoolander back on October 15th, but nearly a month later, it hasn't shipped. If you can't stock it in a month, maybe it's more than "Temporarily Out of Stock"?
Old 11-12-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow. What an awesome response from Synapse
Old 11-12-14, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if Amazon thinks media sales are too low-margin going forward and not worth the hassle. I could see them spinning it off as a separate unit. They decided about a year or two back there were better ways to retain customers than conventional media loss-leaders.