DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's The Fantastic Four - Coming to Blu-Ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/617840-doomed-untold-story-roger-cormans-fantastic-four-coming-blu-ray.html)

mattysemo247 10-24-16 08:19 AM

Re: Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's The Fantastic Four - Coming to Blu-Ray

https://www.amazon.com/Doomed-The-Un...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

b2net 10-24-16 02:31 PM

Re: Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's The Fantastic Four - Coming to Blu-Ray

Thank you

DJariya 10-24-16 02:50 PM

Cool. I might pick it up because it IMO was such a well made documentary. I'm glad they got the financing to finish it when this was initially announced 2 years ago.

Now someone needs to release a legitimate copy of the film and my life will be complete.

DJariya 02-11-17 04:59 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Doomed-Untold...fantastic+four

Bump

For those who still haven't seen this yet. It's now available to watch for Amazon Prime subscribers.

Trevor 02-11-17 06:31 PM

Thanks!

Mike86 02-12-17 02:31 PM

Nice I was going to pick it up but maybe I'll just stream it first.

DJariya 11-26-17 10:50 PM

FYI for those who may want the DVD or BD. Special sale.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...e3&oe=5A8B5446

DthRdrX 11-27-17 04:24 PM

Thanks buddy! I think I'm going to order it. Always been fascinated in the history of that project.

Trevor 11-27-17 04:57 PM

Thanks, glad I waited.

thetao 11-27-17 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13214424)
FYI for those who may want the DVD or BD. Special sale.

Mmm, the price is right, but I don't go nuts over BD-R's. Guess I'll need to stream it sometime.

Mike86 11-27-17 10:39 PM

So is there any confirmation doing it this way? I submitted a payment but how do they actually confirm the order and I wonder if I’ll get a tracking number or anything.

Trevor 11-27-17 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13215174)
So is there any confirmation doing it this way? I submitted a payment but how do they actually confirm the order and I wonder if I’ll get a tracking number or anything.

I got a confirmation email, and PayPal has good buyer protection, so I wouldn't worry.

DJariya 11-27-17 11:08 PM

That's pretty cool that they're including a bonus disc and an MP3 commentary track for the 1994 movie in case you bought a bootleg.

I did buy a DVD bootleg of the 1994 movie at a comic convention in August. Quality was decent for a bootleg and I figured it was the only way to get it. I think I paid $8 for it.

DJariya 11-27-17 11:26 PM

I went ahead and did it. Cheapest price for it.

The extra bonuses also make it worth it, please it's free shipping.

Mike86 11-28-17 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13215178)
I got a confirmation email, and PayPal has good buyer protection, so I wouldn't worry.

Actually I did receive a confirmation email not just from PayPal but from another guy (his name is Marty Langford). Not sure if he just handles emails or is involved with the website or is one of the people behind the film but he confirmed the order and that my copy will ship in a couple days.

DJariya 11-28-17 12:28 PM

Yup, I got that e-mail too. The e-mail also has a link to download the MP3 audio commentary for the 1994 movie.

As I said, I picked up a DVD copy of it from a comic convention back in August. Might be a fun listen to hear them talk about how cheap it was etc.

Brian T 11-28-17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13215510)
Actually I did receive a confirmation email not just from PayPal but from another guy (his name is Marty Langford). Not sure if he just handles emails or is involved with the website or is one of the people behind the film...

He wrote and directed it. :)

b2net 11-29-17 02:56 AM

Received my confirmation email also....

Trevor 11-29-17 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brian T (Post 13215566)
He wrote and directed it. :)

So he was only involved in a very limited way for a very limited time. ;)

DJariya 12-03-17 08:21 PM

My BD arrived in the mail yesterday.

Very impressive turnaround.

The bonus disc came packed inside an envelope inside the case.

DJariya 12-03-17 08:23 PM

BTW, I just downloaded the audio commentary for the 1994 movie, which had a link that came on the confirmation e-mail. It says access to the download expires tomorrow (12/4/17).