Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

X-Men Adamantium Collection

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-13, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Spoiler:

Couldn't even wait for Days of Future Past...
Old 07-27-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: X-Men Adamantium Collection

Meh. All I'm missing is X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. I can live without this set.
Old 07-27-13, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

So that includes the disk for the movie that just opened? That's some planning ahead.
I just bought the Trilogy on BD. I'm good. Love the one-star average review.
Old 07-27-13, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Meh I have the trilogy set already plus X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class separately so don't need this. Besides the Wolverine claw replica is kind of lame looking if you ask me.
Old 07-27-13, 11:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Meh I have the trilogy set already plus X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class separately so don't need this. Besides the Wolverine claw replica is kind of lame looking if you ask me.
how is the Blu-ray overall of XO:W?
Old 07-28-13, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Same.

Although calling it Adamantium Collection really reinforces how much these movies circle around Wolverine (except for First Class).

And I don't know why people are surprised when these collection's come out prior to a new movie; its often like that so people go and buy the sets to promote the new movies in theaters.
Old 07-28-13, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
how is the Blu-ray overall of XO:W?
Pretty good video and audio. Video might some issue, but it's not the video I'd argue. It's just the way it was shot at times.

Features are all right. Pretty much standard stuff. 2 commentaries, one by the director (kind of boring) and the other by two producers. Really wished we got a Jackman commentary, probably would have been fun. Othe features are pretty chunky in material but aren't in depth. They're alright.
Old 07-28-13, 01:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

thanks Snake.
Old 07-28-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Pretty good video and audio. Video might some issue, but it's not the video I'd argue. It's just the way it was shot at times.

Features are all right. Pretty much standard stuff. 2 commentaries, one by the director (kind of boring) and the other by two producers. Really wished we got a Jackman commentary, probably would have been fun. Othe features are pretty chunky in material but aren't in depth. They're alright.
Yeah I haven't watched it in a while but I seem to remember the disc was decent. I think any problems with the video was the shitty CG graphics in the film itself. I should watch the film again sometime as I actually remember not hating it just thought the CG was bad.
Old 07-28-13, 06:21 PM
Banned

Yeah. It's the CGI backgrounds and major elements used that give off a weird look to it. It's a solid visual. Except that inherently it looks off. Looks flat at times cuz of that background they'd put in.

I'd really love for Jackman to get a commentary in his recent sequel. The guy LOVES Wolverine. He knows what it meant to his career and so much more. I'm sure he'd have a lot to say about The Wolverine.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 07-28-13 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-28-13, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

That's pretty much how I got them too. The only difference is that I haven't gotten around to picking up X-Men Origins: Wolverine yet.
Old 07-28-13, 07:57 PM
Banned

Yeah. I got the trilogy set plus Origins for very cheap off Amazon. I never saw the features on X3. How were they?
Old 07-28-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That's pretty much how I got them too. The only difference is that I haven't gotten around to picking up X-Men Origins: Wolverine yet.
If you haven't seen The Wolverine yet there's an offer for a free ticket on certain Blu-ray titles including X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Saw it at Target but don't remember the exact price. I want to say it was like $12 or under.