DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   The Fugitive (1993) Remastered 20th Anniv Ed ??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/608868-fugitive-1993-remastered-20th-anniv-ed.html)

moviefan2k4 02-21-13 03:53 AM

The Fugitive (1993) Remastered 20th Anniv Ed ???

Has anyone else heard about this? I sent an email to Warner Home Video about it, but no news yet.

Shannon Nutt 02-21-13 10:57 AM

re: The Fugitive (1993) Remastered 20th Anniv Ed ???

This year is Warners' 90th Anniversary, and they released a list of titles they were putting out/doing special editions of this year, and I don't recall seeing THE FUGITIVE on the list. I've read some speculation that they were prepping a 20th Anniversary version, but I haven't seen anything from Warners saying so. And keep in mind, a 20th Anniversary version doesn't necessarily mean a new transfer...they could just slap some new packaging together and use the same disc already in release.

bunkaroo 02-21-13 12:31 PM

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/s...e_Fugitive.jpg

"Warner! It's time to stop DOUBLE-DIPPING!"

Vipper II 02-21-13 12:46 PM

Knowing Warner it'll end up being the same transfer, and they'll just spiffy it up by making it a Digibook.

Solid Snake 02-21-13 12:56 PM

ala Goodfellas.

Mr. Cinema 02-21-13 01:48 PM

I thought this was an announcement thread. :(

Mr. Cinema 02-21-13 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 11587966)
ala Goodfellas.

Goodfellas' third go-around should have a remastered picture this year based on some HTF readings.

I do think we'll get a remastered version this year for The Fugitive. I found some older threads on blu-ray.com where they claim a WB exec. had given an interview sometime in 2011 that a new transfer was being worked on. It only makes sense to hold it for this year. I want a nice 2-disc digibook release with a new documentary.

MTRodaba2468 02-21-13 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema (Post 11588073)

I thought the same...

TheBang 02-21-13 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema (Post 11588073)

Yup. This thread title is seriously lacking in question marks.

Mike86 02-21-13 05:56 PM

Yeah I got excited seeing the thread title only to find out it's just a want thread..

namja 02-21-13 06:07 PM

Re: The Fugitive (1993) Remastered 20th Anniv Ed ???

MOD NOTE: Alrighty. Added a few ?s to make it clearer.

tylergfoster 02-24-13 11:25 PM

Work began on a new master of The Fugitive when Warner's remaster of Outland was finished. Both remasters were reported at the same time and obviously Outland happened, so I have no doubt we'll be seeing a new Fugitive this year.

Mr. Cinema 05-06-13 08:14 AM

We have a release date. September 3rd. Press release copied from blu-ray.com.

THE FUGITIVE CELEBRATES

20TH ANNIVERSARY SEPTEMBER 3

New Blu-ray™ Edition Chock-Full of Special Features Including New Featurette with Harrison Ford and
Tommy Lee Jones Interviews

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Academy Award®-nominated (1993 for Best Picture) The Fugitive on September 3 with a new anniversary Blu-ray™ edition. The heart-pounding thriller stars Harrison Ford as wrongly-convicted Dr. Richard Kimble and Tommy Lee Jones in his Osca- and Golden Globe -winning performance as Kimble’s relentless pursuer. Andrew Davis directed.

The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Blu-ray will offer even more excitement with a new featurette, The Fugitive: Thrill of the Chase which includes interviews with Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, director Andrew Davis and more.

The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Edition will be available in BD Elite Case packaging for $19.98 SRP. Order due date is July 30.

Based on the 1960s classic TV series, the motion picture; The Fugitive, garnered seven Academy Award nominations[3] including Best Picture. In 2001, The American Film Institute also listed it as one of the 100 Most Thrilling American films[4]. Additionally, Andrew Davis was nominated by the Directors Guild of America in 1994 for his work on the motion picture, known for its spectacular stunts, including the devastating bus-train collision and a breath-taking leap down a huge waterfall. Besides Ford and Jones, the film features a fine ensemble including Sela Ward, Joe Pantoliano, Andreas Katsulas, Jeroen Krabbé, and Julianne Moore.

Synopsis:

Chicago surgeon Dr. Richard Kimble, unjustly accused of murdering his wife, must find the real killer, and the reasons for the slaying, after being targeted in a nationwide manhunt led by tenacious United States Deputy Marshal Sam Gerard.

Special Features:

New Featurette The Fugitive: Thrill of the Chase featuring Andrew Davis, Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones and more
Introduction by Andrew Davis and Harrison Ford
Commentary by Andrew Davis and Tommy Lee Jones
On the Run with the Fugitive Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
Derailed: Anatomy of a Train Wreck Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
“The Fugitive" [2000 WB Pilot] New to Release!
Theatrical Trailer

TheMovieman 05-06-13 09:06 AM

While nice, I'm not seeing anything about it being remastered video or a DTS-HD MA audio track...

bunkaroo 05-06-13 09:13 AM

Yeah that would be front and center in the press release if they had remastered this. I can't imagine the new featurette will be worth the price of an upgrade.

Solid Snake 05-06-13 09:53 AM

Yeah. Don't give a fuck about the features there. Give me specs on the film quality on the BD.

EddieMoney 05-06-13 10:09 AM

If this isn't remastered...thanks for nothing, Warner. You fucks.

Randy Miller III 05-06-13 10:18 AM

Yeah. If there's no remastered picture, the children of all Warner Bros. staff should contract polio.

Solid Snake 05-06-13 10:22 AM

isn't polio easy to kill now? Just hope for AIDS, man.

Hokeyboy 05-06-13 11:31 AM

Why stop with AIDS? Cannibalistic Crotch Crickets for everyone with a hint of Warner...

EddieMoney 05-06-13 01:02 PM

Screw polio. They all should get AIDS... AND cancer. That'll teach those bastards.

My Other Self 05-06-13 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by tylergfoster (Post 11592374)
Work began on a new master of The Fugitive when Warner's remaster of Outland was finished. Both remasters were reported at the same time and obviously Outland happened, so I have no doubt we'll be seeing a new Fugitive this year.

Any doubt now?

Where was it reported that The Fugitive was getting remastered? If they were to re-issue a title for an anniversary edition (which is getting rarer and rarer these days), wouldn't it have been now?

Shannon Nutt 05-06-13 01:59 PM

I think someone confused remastering the movie with remastering the Blu-ray. New disc/(most likely) same transfer.

PhantomStranger 05-06-13 02:34 PM

I have to believe they would correct the abysmal transfer and include lossless audio. These press releases often gloss over technical details that some of us here would like to know.

Josh Z 05-06-13 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11680162)
I have to believe they would correct the abysmal transfer and include lossless audio. These press releases often gloss over technical details that some of us here would like to know.

A lot of Warner's anniversary reissues, such as Unforgiven or Goodfellas, simply repackage the old Blu-ray with a new DVD for extras. No remastering, no lossless audio.