Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises - Blu-ray + DVD + UV Digital Copy (Dec 07, 2012)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Dark Knight Rises - Blu-ray + DVD + UV Digital Copy (Dec 07, 2012)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Blu-ray + DVD + UV Digital Copy (Dec 07, 2012)

Edit: Just to follow up on my earlier post. I checked out the email that was sent to me for buying TDKR and I got the redemption code for CinemaNow. It's indeed a code to redeem a free UV streaming copy of The Dark Knight Reborn, not the movie. So I'm confused, the Best Buy Steel Books have a bonus disc that has the documentary along with this free UV copy as well? Anyways, I redeemed the code and downloaded CinemaNow to my IPad. Guess I can return the SteelBook now or give it to a friend for Christmas.
Old 12-05-12, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my steelbook yesterday. Very slick looking. Matches up nicely with the first 2.
Old 12-05-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So I'm confused, the Best Buy Steel Books have a bonus disc that has the documentary along with this free UV copy as well?
I got my Steelbook yesterday. I don't know anything about the UV copy, but the Reborn doc is on the special features BD with the other extras. It doesn't have its own additional bonus disc if that's what you're asking. Presumably it's a unique pressing of the special features disc for the Best Buy Steelbook.
Old 12-05-12, 09:40 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I got my steelbook yesterday. Very slick looking. Matches up nicely with the first 2.
spines don't match so well though. TDKR has different lettering than the other two and slightly more coverart on the spine.
Old 12-05-12, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for telling me 2 do store pick up yesterday . I went after work and they did not have a single copy of the steelbook left so I went to the store pick up line and it was there under my name. The steelbook looks awesome and looks great next to BB and TDK
Old 12-05-12, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Switching between the 1.78 IMAX scenes and the 2.40 scenes makes the 2.40 look like shit - not that they do, but the IMAX stuff looks to good that they do look like shit comparatively.
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
15/70 has a resolution anywhere up to four times greater than 35mm film. Even when presented in 15/70 IMAX, the native footage looked amazing and breathtaking whereas the 35mm footage came across significantly darker and grainer.
And this time it's obvious, very obvious, that they did not use any IMAX DMR version of the film like they did with TDK that caused so many complaints about the 35mm scenes looking over-sharpened and contrast boosted.
Old 12-05-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Someone posted some BB nonsense on one of the comic forums:

I was at Best Buy this morning to get my exclusive steelbook bluray to match my other Nolan Batman blurays, and after scanning the movie they asked if I wanted to purchase the documentary Batman Reborn for $14.99. I saw on the packaging it was included with my bluray so I thought it was kinda weird they asked and I declined. It is in fact on one of the bonus discs, so I’m not really sure what they were trying to sell me. Maybe it’s a prompt for when you buy it on DVD and you get a download for the documentary? The cashier was a clueless as I was about it.
Old 12-05-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Someone posted some BB nonsense on one of the comic forums:
Same exact thing happened to me at Best Buy. The cashier had no idea what the exclusive content was or how I would obtain it though.

Still trying to figure out if I missed out on extra bonus content (not that I would have coughed up $15 for it) or if this was a ripoff of them selling you something you already have.
Old 12-05-12, 05:33 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by gp1086
Same exact thing happened to me at Best Buy. The cashier had no idea what the exclusive content was or how I would obtain it though.

Still trying to figure out if I missed out on extra bonus content (not that I would have coughed up $15 for it) or if this was a ripoff of them selling you something you already have.
it is the same doc on the disc except this is via Cinema Now and costs nothing. it charges $14.99 and then takes off the same $14.99 making it $0. i got this for free when i pre-ordered for in-store pickup. it is free and same 38min. Reborn doc.
Old 12-05-12, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk God

As Scott just said, it's free with the purchase of the BD Steelbook. The cashier I got told me about it and there was a prompt on the screen asking if I wanted it or not. She told me it was free and then after hitting total, it prompts the register to take the $14.99 off as part of a special package.

I bought 2 copies...and received 2 e-mails with different codes.

I went to CinemaNow and claimed one of the codes and now have Batman Reborn in my UV Library.

Was initially going to keep one of the Steelbooks, but since a family member is most likely giving me the BD for X-Mas, I'm just going to give them to a couple of friends for X-mas.

It's pretty confusing. A digital download for an exclusive documentary that is already on the disc doesn't make sense.
Old 12-05-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

It's pretty confusing. A digital download for an exclusive documentary that is already on the disc doesn't make sense.
Is it any different though than getting a Digital Copy (for a film) in a BD/DVD Combo?

If someone wants to watch the Documentary on their portable devices, they can now do so.
Old 12-05-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Is it any different though than getting a Digital Copy (for a film) in a BD/DVD Combo?

If someone wants to watch the Documentary on their portable devices, they can now do so.
I guess...but just say the DD is free with the purchase straight forward. Why have the initial prompt saying it's $14.99? That was already confusing enough. Who the hell would pay $14.99 for a 38 minute featurette.
Old 12-05-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just uploaded these on Imgur:

Target Exclusive The Dark Knight Rises Digibook

The Dark Knight Rises: IMAX vs. 35mm Comparison
Old 12-05-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to find one of two digibooks left after Target last night. I went after work, and it appeared it was already sold out. That's what an employee said stating, they sold out at 8 a.m. I figured some jerks were buying up all copies to exploit on Ebay and such, instead of letting people who actually want to enjoy the film itself acquire copies(I hate those people).

So I was disappointed and picked up the groceries I needed. Then decided to check the display at the front of the store. The employee tried selling me on the 'trilogy' packs, but I told him I already own the first two and am not interested. He stated more copies of the trilogy were up front(that was also sold out in both areas).

The display was pretty bare, but had a decent amount of the regular dvd and blu-ray edition scattered on it. So I was assuming I'd not find a copy of the digibook release. But low and behold, in a blocked corner of the display, since another display was shoved right next to it. I noticed two copies of the digibook practically hidden from view. Neither were in the security wraps, and so I had no issues of the cases being ruined. I was pretty happy, and bought it without hesitation. Sure it won't match the steelbooks I have. But I think it's a cool looking package.
Old 12-06-12, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ignohippo
UGH. Ultraviolet...
Agreed. I hate ultraviolet. I've got most of my movies with itunes digital copy. I've actually quit buying the ones with ultraviolet unless they say itunes as well. I can't see having my digital copies of movies in 2 different formats. I'll be purchasing just the digital copy of this through itunes. I refuse to buy into the ultraviolet crap.
Old 12-06-12, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by kefrank
Presumably it's a unique pressing of the special features disc for the Best Buy Steelbook.
Yes, this is what people are trying to figure out; whether Special Features disc in the Best Buy Steelbook has extra content beyond what's on the Special Features disc in every other version. It's unusual to have a unique pressing, usually store-exclusive extras are thrown on an extra disc (Target Avengers, Wal-Mart District 9, etc.)
Old 12-06-12, 10:03 AM

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

I guess...but just say the DD is free with the purchase straight forward. Why have the initial prompt saying it's $14.99? That was already confusing enough. Who the hell would pay $14.99 for a 38 minute featurette.
I believe it has to be a different item to have the unique code issued... But why it's marked at $14.99 and not $.01 I have no idea. Then again this *is* Best Buy we're talking about.
Old 12-06-12, 10:07 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by woodlands1
It's unusual to have a unique pressing, usually store-exclusive extras are thrown on an extra disc (Target Avengers, Wal-Mart District 9, etc.)
Yes it is. The only Best buy exclusive that was pressed that I know of is Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D blu. The extras section had an option that said Best Buy Exclusive for one of the featurrettes.
Old 12-06-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
That's some crappy cropping.
Old 12-06-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Just got my Steelbook after preordering it through BB's site on the 3rd. Does anyone else think the disc art on TDKR is a little "low-rent" compared to the previous two?

Old 12-06-12, 02:02 PM

Warner is using that shiny art for all their releases now.
Old 12-06-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

I actually prefer TDKR disc art over the other two. I don't care too much though. I hardly ever look at the disc.
Old 12-06-12, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Just got my Steelbook after preordering it through BB's site on the 3rd. Does anyone else think the disc art on TDKR is a little "low-rent" compared to the previous two?

That's funny, because I gave it a second glance too. Thinking to myself that something looked a little cheap about it.
Old 12-06-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Got the regular BR from BB. Nice slipcover, not that I care about that.
Old 12-06-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
And this time it's obvious, very obvious, that they did not use any IMAX DMR version of the film like they did with TDK that caused so many complaints about the 35mm scenes looking over-sharpened and contrast boosted.
Good because the TDK BD looks underwhelming (which is why I hope for an eventual remaster).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.