Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Grimm -- Season One -- August 7th

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 05-31-12, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gri...-Release/17016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

From Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Grimm
Season One

THEY ARE NOT FAIRY TALES, THEY ARE WARNINGS.

DISCOVER WHAT GOES BUMP IN THE NIGHT IN THE CHILLING
BREAKOUT SERIES: OWN IT ON BLU-RAY AND DVD AUGUST 7, 2012

FEATURING NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN BONUS CONTENT

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Classic Grimm's fairy tales come to life like never before in the "dark and imaginative" (Mike Ayers, CNN.com) supernatural series "Grimm," from the producers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Homicide detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli, "Privileged," "Grey's Anatomy") discovers he is descended from a long line of criminal profilers known as "Grimms," protectors who are charged with keeping the balance between humanity and the creatures of myth. With newly awoken abilities to detect the evil lurking among us, Nick struggles to keep his old life separate and safe as he becomes ever more entrenched in the ancient rivalries of the Grimm world. Available on Blu-ray and DVD on August 7, 2012, "Grimm" Season One allows fans to experience all 22 chilling episodes back-to-back and uninterrupted.

"Grimm" Season One also stars Russell Hornsby ("Lincoln Heights," "In Treatment"), Silas Weir Mitchell ("My Name is Earl," "The Mentalist"), Bitsie Tulloch (The Artist, "Quarterlife"), Reggie Lee ("Prison Break," Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) and Sasha Roiz ("Caprica," "House"). Guest stars such as Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (Scarface) Amy Acker ("Angel"), Titus Welliver ("Lost") and Sebastian Roche ("Supernatural") also appear in this uniquely evocative series that critics rave "offers genuine scares" (Michelle Tauber, People).

"Grimm" Season One is available as a five-disc set in special, limited edition packaging with exclusive "Grimm" collector cards. It features never-before-seen bonus material that takes fans deep into the world of "Grimm," including an interactive creature guide, "Making Monsters" featurette and much more. The "Grimm" Season One Blu-ray also features perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.

BLU-RAY and DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE :
DELETED SCENES
GAG REEL
THE WORLD OF GRIMM: Get to know the characters and creatures that inhabit the world of "Grimm" and discover the inspiration behind the storylines.
MAKING MONSTERS: Go behind the scenes with Andy Clement and Barney Burman as they take viewers through the special makeup effects design and application process. The talented team from Hive FX also shows fans how they give life to the monsters of "Grimm."
GRIMM GUIDE: An interactive book that provides insight into the various creatures featured in the show.
AND MORE!

Grimm Season One BLU-RAY:
Street Date: August 7, 2012
Copyright: 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH
Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/ Dolby Digital 2.0

Grimm Season One DVD:
Street Date: August 7, 2012
Copyright: 2012 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Picture Format: Anamorphic Widescreen
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Languages/Subtitles: English SDH
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gri...#ixzz1wUWRwC24

Really fun show. Hope those of you who didn't watch it this past season will pick this up and get ready for season 2.

Season 2 is reportedly going to premiere shortly after the London Olympics concludes. They have already started principal photography to get ready for the earlier launch.
Old 06-03-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Grimm -- Season One -- August 7th

I thought it started a bit slow, but as it got more serialized, it became something I really looked forward to. I'll probably try and get a few friends hooked by lending them the blu-ray - glad to see it's coming out in HD.
Old 06-03-12, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Awesome! I can't wait to buy it.
Old 06-04-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm glad to see it coming out on Blu-ray, but I'm not going to lie - I was hoping there would be more than +/- 30 minutes of featurettes as special features...