DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Strike Back -- 2011 Cinemax Action Series -- Up for Pre-Order, No Date Yet (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/599199-strike-back-2011-cinemax-action-series-up-pre-order-no-date-yet.html)

Deftones 08-13-12 09:21 PM

Re: Strike Back -- 2011 Cinemax Action Series -- Up for Pre-Order, No Date Yet

Glad people are enjoying this. Hopefully they watch season 3 (2 if you only count the American versions) on Cinemax starting this Friday. I want this show to get multiple seasons. :up:

Me and DJariya have been the biggest proponents of this show when it was airing on Cinemax last year. I keep telling as many people as I can how awesome this show. So far, I've got one convert. I'm working on another right now by giving him access to my MaxGo account.

E Unit 08-13-12 09:29 PM

I'd love to see this show go 5 seasons at least.

slop101 08-14-12 09:27 AM

Yeah, I'm 4 episodes in, and I dig it as well - super entertaining without being dumb or illogical, not to mention interesting characters all around; both good guys and bad guys.

davidh777 08-14-12 03:36 PM

I never heard of this show, and now everyone's talking about it. Xbox has the first two episodes free so I'm going to take a look.

DJariya 08-14-12 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 11346699)
I never heard of this show, and now everyone's talking about it. Xbox has the first two episodes free so I'm going to take a look.

:lol: So you had all of my Strike Back threads from last summer in TV Talk on Ignore? ;)

Deftones 08-14-12 04:20 PM

I think everyone had it on ignore minus us and a few other people. :lol:

davidh777 08-14-12 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11346701)
:lol: So you had all of my Strike Back threads from last summer in TV Talk on Ignore? ;)

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11346753)
I think everyone had it on ignore minus us and a few other people. :lol:

I tend to ignore all threads for shows that I don't watch or haven't otherwise heard of. Not enough brain power to process them all. :lol:

PhantomStranger 08-14-12 11:46 PM

It's definitely an action-packed show and the Blu-ray set has excellent A/V quality. Fun to watch with a lot of eye candy for guys.

davidh777 08-21-12 03:07 PM

Well, damn, I watched the two free episodes (and I'm glad they were both free, because offering just one would have been cruel), and daaaamn. Daaaaaaamn! :) Loved the characters and the story, and the women weren't bad either. I intended to only watch one because it was late but couldn't resist watching the second. I haven't gotten around to MI-5/Spooks or any season of 24 after the first, but I thought this was great and just ordered the HBO BD set so I can finish the season. Probably won't be getting Cinemax for it, though.

davidh777 08-30-12 12:58 PM

I don't recommend this show as a cure for insomnia. I couldn't sleep last night and watched the last four episodes of the season. :lol:

Awesome show. Thanks to the forum for recommending it. :up: I probably haven't been this pumped for a new show since Game of Thrones... which is also on a pay channel that I don't pay for and thus have to wait for optical media. :sad: