Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Robin Hood (2010) - September 21, 2010

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-10, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blu-ray.com:

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Robin Hood for Blu-ray release on September 21. The movie reuniting Russell Crowe with Ridley Scott will be presented in a three-disc Blu-ray Hi-Def Combo Pack (BD/DVD/digital copy), including the theatrical film, as well as a never-before-seen unrated director's cut of the movie. The BD itself will be a single-sided BD50. The Blu-ray release also exclusively features an interactive "Director's Notebook," which seamlessly takes fans inside the making of the specific scenes of the film, from production design to special effects.

Special features include:
-Director's Notebook (BD-exclusive): a seamless multimedia experience focusing on the director's vision gives viewers a peek inside Ridley Scott's unique filmmaking process. Incorporating behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Scott and his trusted inner circle of collaborators, this feature launches at critical moments throughout the film to illuminate the task of mounting a vast production like Robin Hood.

-The Art of Nottingham (BD-exclusive): a special look at the portfolio of designs generated for the film, including video introductions by key department heads such as production designer Arthur Max and costume designer Janty Yates. Galleries of concept art, costume designs, storyboards and other imagery are featured.

-Deleted scenes with introduction and commmentary by editor Pietro Scalia

-Rise and Rise Again: Making Ridley Scott's Robin Hood

-Ballad, Legend & Myth: Pre-production - see how the filmmakers and actors, including Ridley Scott, Brian Grazer and Russell Crowe, tackled the challenge of breathing new life into the longest surviving character in the English language, Robin Hood.

-The More the Merrier: Production - a stellar cast led by Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett descended on England to shoot this massive epic under the direction of Ridley Scott. With an unparalleled passion for detail, Scott oversees all of the production design, costuming, weaponry and action sequences in the film.

-No Quarter Given: Post-production - Sifting through a million feet of shot film, Ridley Scott and editor Pietro Scalia perfect the screen story and work with the post-production team to add layers of sound design, visual effects and Marc Streitenfeld's beautiful score.

-pocket BLU
Advanced Remote Control
Video Timeline
Mobile-To-Go
VIRTUAL Keyboard
uHEAR (new feature): This innovative feature instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles for the section you couldn't hear.
INTERACTIVE TICKER (new feature): get the latest information about Universal's theatrical and Blu-ray releases. Plus, get updates about upcoming BD-Live events, awards and TV shows on NBC.

-BD-Live

-My Scenes

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 08-27-10 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-29-10, 08:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Robin Hood (2010) - September 21, 2010

sounds like all the 'extras' will be better than the actual movie I'm not thinking this 'director's cut' will be as good the DC of 'Kingdom of Heaven' but I could be wrong.
Old 07-29-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually really enjoyed Robin Hood. Going in with the knowledge that it's a precursor to the story done in Ridley Scott's muddy, gritty style helps, though it still creaks in a few problem areas. Count me as someone who's looking forward to seeing what Scott does with his "director's cut".
Old 07-29-10, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
sounds like all the 'extras' will be better than the actual movie I'm not thinking this 'director's cut' will be as good the DC of 'Kingdom of Heaven' but I could be wrong.
Its "only" 16 minutes extra, so yeah, all it might do is flesh out a few things. Could certainly make it a better movie.

But I doubt it can turn it into a great movie like KoHs huge amount of extra footage did
Old 08-27-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Artwork added.
Old 08-27-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

When I saw the thread title, I had a brief hope for it to be Disney's animated Robin Hood on Blu...

We'll probably Netflix the director's cut for the wife.
Old 08-27-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Enjoyed this one, but starting Sept everything's on hold until the holiday sales.
Old 08-27-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Might give this a rental but I don't think I liked it enough to want to own it. I was really pretty disappointed when I saw it in theaters, but wouldn't mind seeing some of the extras.
Old 09-21-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The bonus disc from Target appears to have a couple of 15 minute featurettes. My copy has been delivered from Amazon. Despite the negative reviews, I'm still fairly excited to see this. But I've heard the pacing in the middle is a bit slow.
Old 09-21-10, 01:53 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Same for me. blind buy from Target. Oddly, one of the only Ridley Scott movies I missed during its theatrical run.
Old 09-21-10, 02:39 PM

Was there a sticker or something on the Target one signifying that it's an exclusive? My wife is picking it up for me and want to make sure she gets the right one.

EDIT: NM, it does.

Last edited by Mike UFC; 09-21-10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-21-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got one at Target at 8am. Thankfully I did before they got all the copies into the security boxes because they ruined every slipcover they put into the plastic cases. The bonus disc has two 15-16 min featurettes called "behind the scenes with Russell Crowe and his merry men castmates" and "In-depth look at the legendary world of sherwood forest and robin hood's epic battle of tyranny" in case anyone wants to know. Target had about 30 copies of the exclusive out this morning.
Old 09-21-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
I got one at Target at 8am. Thankfully I did before they got all the copies into the security boxes because they ruined every slipcover they put into the plastic cases. The bonus disc has two 15-16 min featurettes called "behind the scenes with Russell Crowe and his merry men castmates" and "In-depth look at the legendary world of sherwood forest and robin hood's epic battle of tyranny" in case anyone wants to know. Target had about 30 copies of the exclusive out this morning.
I found a copy that wasn't too badly mangled by the plastic case, but they were all bent up. Every single copy in stock. I complained to the manager because I wasn't too keen on buying pre-damaged merchandise, and she took 10% off for me. Good customer service.
Old 09-21-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
The bonus disc from Target appears to have a couple of 15 minute featurettes. My copy has been delivered from Amazon. Despite the negative reviews, I'm still fairly excited to see this. But I've heard the pacing in the middle is a bit slow.
Is this like 2012 Where the UPC is the same as the non exclusive versions sold everywhere else.
Old 09-21-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I found a copy that wasn't too badly mangled by the plastic case, but they were all bent up. Every single copy in stock. I complained to the manager because I wasn't too keen on buying pre-damaged merchandise, and she took 10% off for me. Good customer service.
I saw the same thing with Prince of Persia last week. Just ridiculous. I went over to Best Buy and bought my copy from there instead. Usually I use Amazon, but I had a Disney coupon to use...
Old 09-23-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Is the Target bonus disc a dvd or a blu-ray disc?
Old 09-23-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
is the target bonus disc a dvd or a blu-ray disc?
dvd.
Old 09-25-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Mine don't even keep the slipcovers. They take them all off and throw them away.