Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - Sound Sync Problem?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-10, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched the BD of "The Magnificent Seven," part of the recently released "The Magnificent Seven Collection" from MGM.

The picture quality is excellent, but somewhere around halfway thru the film I noticed that sound effects were not in sync. Dialogue may have been off a hair too, but not as much as the effects, with the sound being late by approximately 7-10 frames.

I took the disc out and restarted it and it still had the problem. I haven't checked to see where this problem starts in the film, I do know that the early scenes are OK and I really didn't notice it until the scene where everyone gets back to the Mexican village. This is very noticeable in the final battle with all of the gunfire being slightly out of sync.

Anyone else notice this? Could this be a firmware thing? I do have the latest firmware on my Panasonic player, however.
Old 03-12-13, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - Sound Sync Problem?

Originally Posted by Eastmancolor
Watched the BD of "The Magnificent Seven," part of the recently released "The Magnificent Seven Collection" from MGM.

The picture quality is excellent, but somewhere around halfway thru the film I noticed that sound effects were not in sync. Dialogue may have been off a hair too, but not as much as the effects, with the sound being late by approximately 7-10 frames.

I took the disc out and restarted it and it still had the problem. I haven't checked to see where this problem starts in the film, I do know that the early scenes are OK and I really didn't notice it until the scene where everyone gets back to the Mexican village. This is very noticeable in the final battle with all of the gunfire being slightly out of sync.

Anyone else notice this? Could this be a firmware thing? I do have the latest firmware on my Panasonic player, however.
Sorry to be posting late, ie, two years late, but just got this disc the other day, and noticed exactly the same problem. I thought it was because I had paused the film a couple of times, so I popped it out, reloaded it, same problem. I don't think it's hardware related, given that I am not running a Panasonic, but a Sony. I think it might be a mastering problem.