Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox Blu-Rays

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Fox Blu-Rays

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fox Blu-Rays

After getting Wall Street and 28 Days Later the last few days, am I the only one who think they feel cheap?? I know its what is one the disc that matters, but I can't help but feel a little ripped off by that flimsy recyclable case and no insert whatsoever...All these other studios need to take a lesson from Disney in the home entertainment department.
Old 02-02-10, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fox Blu-Rays

Just about every studio is going with those eco-cases now, they're cheaper to make and cheaper to ship. But I agree, they also feel flimsy, like the cases you used to find on those uber-budget DVD titles.
Old 02-02-10, 01:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

You could always just do what I do and buy some empty blu ray cases. You can get the regular non-recycled crap ones. Buy a dozen or so and you're set. Of course that means you dirty the planet a little by throwing away the recycled ones, but hey, no more flimsy cases in your collection.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/567...ases-sale.html
Old 02-02-10, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hated the flimsy DVD cases but since converting to Blu-ray, I honestly don't find it so bothersome anymore. Maybe because the BD cases are smaller and more space saving.
Old 02-02-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Just about every studio is going with those eco-cases now
That is a big generalization and not exactly true either (yet)....

Fox (who also handle MGM) and Lionsgate are the only two studios who are currently using the BD eco cases......

I have yet to see a Warner, Universal, Paramount, Sony, or Disney BD title come in an eco case....obviously the latter two use Vortex cases (which do not yet have an eco version), but the former three all use Viva Elite cases, and I have not yet seen one of their films in an eco case version....