DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog ---------> 5/25/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/568942-dr-horribles-sing-along-blog-5-25-10-a.html)

LeeVing 02-04-10 10:54 AM

Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog ---------> 5/25/10

glad I waited...

I rented it from Netflix a while ago, and was going to buy the dvd if I ever saw it in a store but never did.

Josh Z 02-04-10 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by alltherage214 (Post 9980606)
Awesome! I actually worked on the production as an extra and I am (very briefly) seen at the end. Hopefully on Blu, I'll be a bit more clear... Ha!

Are you Bad Horse? :)

alltherage214 02-05-10 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 9981329)
Are you Bad Horse? :)

Hahahaha! I wish! No, I'm just at the party near the Purple Pimp. That was hs house and it was already decorated like that. Art department barely touched it for Dr Horrible's steadicam walk through... weird haha.

alltherage214 02-05-10 09:18 AM

In the maroon hoodie at about 38:52 to be exact... on the side. Ha.

h0mi 02-05-10 11:10 PM

Didn't realize there was a proper DVD version of this... I got it on itunes, the soundtrack from Amazon and will get this for sure. (I do have a DVD version... not sure if it's pressed or -R)

Gizmo 05-08-10 08:06 PM

Oh snap!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...izmodvd/dr.jpg
Can't wait to watch this tonight!

The Valeyard 05-08-10 10:27 PM

No slipcover!??!?!?! ;)

kstublen 05-08-10 11:22 PM

How's the picture quality? Significant upgrade from the DVD?

Sessa17 05-24-10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10148030)
How's the picture quality? Significant upgrade from the DVD?

Didn't get mine yet but I'm very glad to see that the Blu-Ray is getting pretty stellar PQ & AQ reviews.

kstublen 05-24-10 05:05 PM

My Best Buy broke Street Date and I picked mine up from there today. Going to watch it tonight, after the Series Finale of 24. It came with the Captain Hammer: Be Like Me Comic under the plastic on the back of the Blu-ray, obscuring the UPC. Comes in a different type of Eco-Case, not quite as bad as the ones with the cut-out portion, but not as sturdy as an actual case. The sticky stuff they used on the back to attach the comic was awful and way too plentiful. They had to manually enter it in (because the UPC was covered up by the comic), so I think that's why it didn't register that it wasn't supposed to be out tomorrow.

snausages 05-24-10 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10176536)
My Best Buy broke Street Date and I picked mine up from there today. Going to watch it tonight, after the Series Finale of 24. It came with the Captain Hammer: Be Like Me Comic under the plastic on the back of the Blu-ray, obscuring the UPC. Comes in a different type of Eco-Case, not quite as bad as the ones with the cut-out portion, but not as sturdy as an actual case. The sticky stuff they used on the back to attach the comic was awful and way too plentiful. They had to manually enter it in (because the UPC was covered up by the comic), so I think that's why it didn't register that it wasn't supposed to be out tomorrow.

Were there a lot of copies or only limited? TIA!

kstublen 05-25-10 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by snausages (Post 10177251)
Were there a lot of copies or only limited? TIA!

My Best Buy only had three copies out and they all had the comic.

LosingMyMind 05-25-10 12:21 AM

I just ordered the version with the comic from their website.

snausages 05-25-10 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10177261)
My Best Buy only had three copies out and they all had the comic.

Thanks! Gonna try to get to the store and grab mine in the morning.

Bleddyn Williams 05-25-10 09:20 AM

Do all copies have the comic, or only Best Buy? Neither Amazon nor BB online mention it.

Trevor 05-25-10 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams (Post 10177677)
Do all copies have the comic, or only Best Buy? Neither Amazon nor BB online mention it.

BB exclusive.

DGibFen 05-25-10 10:14 AM

Amazon's price is now 10.99.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...=nosim/dvdtalk

Bleddyn Williams 05-25-10 10:28 AM

Popped into my Best Buy. They never got them.

-sigh-

Drav3n 05-25-10 11:44 AM

None of the best buys in my area have them. And according to two different stores (I went to one and called another), they said this will only be available through the website.

starman9000 05-25-10 12:32 PM

That comic isn't available by itself in print right?

LosingMyMind 05-25-10 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams (Post 10177677)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dr+Horri...ible&lp=2&cp=1

kstublen 05-25-10 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000 (Post 10178091)
That comic isn't available by itself in print right?

So far they have released ONE Dr. Horrible Comic in print with three variant covers. This is a Dr. Horrible Origin Story.

They have also released, online, three comics: Captain Hammer, Penny, and Moist. These haven't been released in print, yet.

In August or September (can't remember which) they are going to release all four comics in a Trade Paperback.

So to answer your question, Captain Hammer: Be Like Me is not available in print yet and when it is available in print it won't be the size that comes with the Blu-ray, but instead the size of a regular comic.

Bleddyn Williams 05-26-10 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10176536)

Was out running errands and popped into a different Best Buy - Nashua NH. They only had two copies on the racks, on the regular A-Z racks - it wasn't upfront as a new release.

The case is an eco version of the cases that Sony use, and is called an "eco-Lite Vortex". What makes it a little nicer, is that instead of having actual holes in the plastic like the other type, the plastic is simply thinner in this version. So its not as ugly as when you open the other type, but yes, it still feels really flimsy.

My comic was stuck to the back with - 10 - TEN!!! blobs of the snot glue. Insane. The whole thing only has 16 pages, so I wouldn't got out of the way unless you're a fan.