Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blu-ray Cases For Sale?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Blu-ray Cases For Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-10, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blu-ray Cases For Sale?

Buying a batch of Viva Elite singles is tempting, but I want to take dvds I have and place them with the blu-ray versions. This would give me extra single disc cases to change out some ecos. I only want to buy 2 disc (12.5mm) and 3 disc (12.5mm) cases. I might need a couple 4 disc cases but that would mess up being able to use the original Cover Art. I don't like cases with "snap closures" on the side.

What I really wish is that every 1 disc case had the "snap-in hinges" to add an inner tray. Examples would be Firefly and Dark Knight (like Snowmaker wants) cases. I'd love to just buy some trays and have multi-disc cases, or change my broken Firefly case with any other one. Who cares if a few single disc cases had the tray tab(s) broken. This way the same Cover Art can be used between the changed cases.
Old 03-06-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
The only 7 disc BD case I'm aware of is Star Trek TOS S1. I can't imagine there is much demand for one. i stocked up on 4/5/6 cases, and have plenty 1/2/3 cases thanks to selling Digital Copies/DVDs/Worthless DVD Games.
The Rocky Collection is also a 7-disc case
Old 03-07-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
The Rocky Collection is also a 7-disc case
As is Star Trek: TOS season 2, and LOST seasons 1 & 2....

I believe what Gizmo was actually saying in his post was that the only type of seven disc BD case he knows of is the one that was used for ST:TOS S1, not that ST:TOS S1 is the only 7 disc release....
Old 03-20-10, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I wish I knew about Disc Makers. Definitely better deals there for the single disc Elites compared to the 10 pack I bought here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This guy doesn't have the 2-disc Elites yet, but he said he's trying to get them and the 7-disc Elite. He said he has 3,4,5, and 6 disc Elite brand cases, but doesn't have them listed yet.

He also has the Vortex (Sony/Disney) 3,4,5,6 disc sets as well.
This guy is now selling the VIVA Elite 2-disc cases.

http://stores.ebay.com/Casetopia
Old 03-20-10, 01:16 PM

I bought my second batch of 25 viva elites from Discmakers. Five came damaged, so I called them up and asked for 5 replacements. They sent me 11 in about 3 days for free. I really like dealing with them.
Old 03-23-10, 01:31 PM

since nobody answered the question in post #13. whoever recently (within last month) ordered the viva cases from dismakers, is the blu-ray logo shiny silver or matte gray? thanks
Old 03-27-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sopty
since nobody answered the question in post #13. whoever recently (within last month) ordered the viva cases from dismakers, is the blu-ray logo shiny silver or matte gray? thanks
Shiny silver....pretty sure they (as in Viva) no longer make their cases with the white/gray logo printing....I haven't seen any new release come in a case with that style of printed logo in quite awhile now....
Old 04-19-10, 06:27 PM

I just received The Matrix BluRay Collection from Amazon and the first and last cases are damaged (The Matrix thinpak double and the black thinpak double with the Zion Archives). I don't want to send it back because everything else is in pretty good condition. Does anyone know where I can get replacements for these two cases?
Old 05-11-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a heads up. The Vortex style case, the one with the side latch used by Sony and Disney, are now releasing ECO style cases. The Karate Kid comes in this case. Here's a pic of the inside. The good news is there are no actual holes punched out like we see in the Viva Elite case.

Old 06-08-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

Discmakers are now selling the 2disc Elites... now that I've ordered mine, just thought I'd let ya know.

Wow, those Eco vortex's are horrid... is nothing sacred!
Old 06-09-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Artman
Discmakers are now selling the 2disc Elites... now that I've ordered mine, just thought I'd let ya know.

Wow, those Eco vortex's are horrid... is nothing sacred!
Thanks for the heads up about Discmakers, I'll probably place an order this week since I have been very happy buying the 1-disc Elites from there in the past....

And I just got one of those eco Vortex cases with Armageddon, and really they are far less horrid than the eco Elites...sure, the plastic is thinner and flimsier, but it beats the hell out of having the awful missing/cut out sections IMO.....
Old 06-09-10, 10:37 PM

Casetopia's cases are fantastic. Ever so slightly taller than a normal Blu-Ray case, but well constructed and sturdy. I'm so glad that I dumped off all of my Eco crappolas.
Old 07-12-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sorry for the dumb question and bumping this thread... is there a master "replacement Blu-Ray cases" thread anywhere or just various short threads on this subject?

Searching came up with lots of individual threads such as this one and this:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/491...ray-cases.html

Could someone please point me to the master thread I couldn't find so that I'll know where to post future BD case questions or info rather than having to post in various smaller threads? If not, it would be cool to make such a thread and collect all the links to the various companies that sell them from the individual threads. Thanks.

BTW, I was surprised to see that if you want to order some single and double BD cases from Discmakers, they charge you the $4 base shipping fee twice like it's 2 separate orders, but I bet they'd ship them together.

Last edited by Manzana; 07-12-10 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-03-11, 03:15 PM

I wanted to get a replacement case for a Criterion Blu-ray. Anyone know where I can get them? Are they definitely the same as PS3 cases? (I'd also like to get a few more standard Blu-ray cases so it'd be nice if I could get them all at the same place in order to save on shipping. Any ideas?)
Old 01-03-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 156 Posts

Looking for a five disc case replacement, I've only seen the slim ones and I want the older, fat version...