Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Let The Right One In-UK version has been corrected!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who've been waiting for the US version on BD to come out with corrected subs and then decided to get the UK import with the correct subtitles only to find out that the UK version had its own problem of a lossy track that was also a mistake by the manufacturer, I received an e-mail stating that the problem has not only been corrected but that "corrected stock has been filtered through into Amazon (UK), so you should be able to order the corrected stock as of now."

I'm done with purchases for the month, but unless the US version starts showing up on BD on Jan 2 (I don't believe this will be the case), it will be one of my first buys in January. I've heard the import has an excellent commentary.

Also, if you've already ordered the UK import and have the lossy audio, now would probably be the time to check with Alliance and see if they're replacing discs to those in the US.
Old 12-12-09, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Let The Right One In-UK version has been corrected!

I ordered it from the UK a few days ago when it came back into stock so hopefully this means it's the new version.
Old 12-13-09, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I ordered it from the UK a few days ago when it came back into stock so hopefully this means it's the new version.
I did the same thing.

Is there anyway to know if I received the corrected version without opening the package?
Old 12-13-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to The Bits post yesterday, a corrected US BD has finally been spotted. Pics are included.
Old 12-13-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jaymole
I did the same thing.

Is there anyway to know if I received the corrected version without opening the package?
Realistically, that's a moot point. If you have to mail it back you might as well mail it in to Optimum for the exchange if it happens to not be the new one. Other US costumers have been able to do this. Probably faster than Amazon accepting it as a return anyway.
Old 12-13-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

I think the BD is down to 8.98GBP (before VAT & Shipping) on Amazon UK. Might have to order one soon.
Old 12-13-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The order status says usually ships out in 7 to 11 days now. I'm hoping that this means that Amazon.uk was/is out of stock. That would probably mean that they're getting new copies from Alliance/Momentum and, if the e-mail was correct, those would have to be the corrected copies. Seems like it would be good time to order now.

When I wrote to the company they never did mention whether they were taking back defective discs from outside of the UK. What's the process on that just in case? Do you have to pay for the shipping? Do they, at least, send the discs back in some kind of case that protects against scratching?

I sent another e-mail in to see if there was even a new serial number on the corrected disc and I'm hoping the same lady will get back to me by Monday.
Old 12-13-09, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
The order status says usually ships out in 7 to 11 days now. I'm hoping that this means that Amazon.uk was/is out of stock. That would probably mean that they're getting new copies from Alliance/Momentum and, if the e-mail was correct, those would have to be the corrected copies. Seems like it would be good time to order now.

When I wrote to the company they never did mention whether they were taking back defective discs from outside of the UK. What's the process on that just in case? Do you have to pay for the shipping? Do they, at least, send the discs back in some kind of case that protects against scratching?

I sent another e-mail in to see if there was even a new serial number on the corrected disc and I'm hoping the same lady will get back to me by Monday.
This was actually the case last week. A member on another forum was told the new stock was making its way to Amazon UK, and at that point it said ships within 6 to 10 days. It came back in stock which is when I ordered. Now there's still of course a chance they hadn't actually gotten the new copies yet. I have a feeling it's out of stock this time because of people ordering based on the news it that Amazon had new stock. Either way the odds seem great that next time it's in stock, it will almost certainly be the new disc.
Old 12-13-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was actually the case last week. A member on another forum was told the new stock was making its way to Amazon UK, and at that point it said ships within 6 to 10 days. It came back in stock which is when I ordered. Now there's still of course a chance they hadn't actually gotten the new copies yet. I have a feeling it's out of stock this time because of people ordering based on the news it that Amazon had new stock. Either way the odds seem great that next time it's in stock, it will almost certainly be the new disc.
Do you know if you will be able to send your disc back to Alliance/Momentum for one of the replacement discs IF the disc you ordered turns out to still be on of the lossy discs? I wasn't sure if they had a program for people outside the country.
Old 12-13-09, 06:08 PM
bub

Realistically, that's a moot point. If you have to mail it back you might as well mail it in to Optimum for the exchange if it happens to not be the new one. Other US costumers have been able to do this. Probably faster than Amazon accepting it as a return anyway.
Could you elaborate a bit further please? I purchased the US version with the fubar(ed) subtitles and am very interested in the corrected version of this film. I would prefer a replacement vs. having to buy the corrected version. I'm interested in how everybody/anybody is getting this exchanged?

I believe I purchased mine through Amazon, but months ago.

Thanks,
George
Old 12-13-09, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Thanks for the heads up!

I think the BD is down to 8.98GBP (before VAT & Shipping) on Amazon UK. Might have to order one soon.
in dollars that's.....?
Old 12-13-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
in dollars that's.....?
About $14.58 before shipping.
Old 12-13-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bub
Could you elaborate a bit further please? I purchased the US version with the fubar(ed) subtitles and am very interested in the corrected version of this film. I would prefer a replacement vs. having to buy the corrected version. I'm interested in how everybody/anybody is getting this exchanged?

Thanks,
George
If you have the US version you're more or less SOL and will have to re-buy one of the corrected versions (UK or US that is apparently starting to pop up)
Old 12-13-09, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

By the way, it says 8.98 but when I placed it my cart to order, it went down to 7.81. It wasn't a credit, so I just placed the order and then just went and put another in my cart and went through the order process again (just didn't complete it) and it was only 7.81 both times. Don't have an explanation, but that's what they charged me.
Old 12-13-09, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SethDLH
If you have the US version you're more or less SOL and will have to re-buy one of the corrected versions (UK or US that is apparently starting to pop up)
Or, if it's true that the corrected BD is starting to appear, you could write or CALL the studio (I'd call, because they've not been good with responding from what I've read) and be very nice and see if they'll replace your version.

They seemed to imply they didn't think the first batch of subs was really a problem, so you might not get anywhere. But before double-dipping, I'd give it a shot. It's possible you might get someone who just wants to make you happy and will let you send back yours for one of the new ones.
Old 12-14-09, 06:47 AM

By the way, it says 8.98 but when I placed it my cart to order, it went down to 7.81. It wasn't a credit, so I just placed the order and then just went and put another in my cart and went through the order process again (just didn't complete it) and it was only 7.81 both times. Don't have an explanation, but that's what they charged me.
If your order comes directly from Amazon.uk they subtract the VAT hence the lower price at final checkout. Some people still get charged the VAT if their order happens to be filled by a third party distribution center.
Old 12-14-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
If your order comes directly from Amazon.uk they subtract the VAT hence the lower price at final checkout. Some people still get charged the VAT if their order happens to be filled by a third party distribution center.
I believe that in those cases (third party, like indigostarfish.com), the VAT is not initially in the price. So you don't actually pay the VAT, it's just that you don't see a discount upon checking out from a non-UK address.
Old 12-14-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus
I believe that in those cases (third party, like indigostarfish.com), the VAT is not initially in the price. So you don't actually pay the VAT, it's just that you don't see a discount upon checking out from a non-UK address.
Actually, as of the past couple of months VAT is now being removed from the stuff being fulfilled by Amazon's Preferred Merchant. I've placed several orders in the past month and this has been the case every time.
Old 12-14-09, 03:18 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
According to The Bits post yesterday, a corrected US BD has finally been spotted. Pics are included.
I figured Barnes & Noble would be the place to spot this eventually; they typically only carry one copy at a time, unlike Best Buy. I just hope it starts showing up in Canada, now.
Old 12-14-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you know if you will be able to send your disc back to Alliance/Momentum for one of the replacement discs IF the disc you ordered turns out to still be on of the lossy discs? I wasn't sure if they had a program for people outside the country.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read either at blu-ray.com or AVS that someone from the US had their return accepted no problem.
Old 12-14-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bub

Thanks,
George
Sorry missed this before. Like Seth said, we're talking about the UK version. The US distributor has no interest in maintaining a decent relationship with its customers by accepting an exchange, which is why people like me are happy to go to the UK for this disc.
Old 12-14-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just keeping the US version, didn't like it enough to spend any more $ on it. Too bad there's no replacement plan.
Old 12-14-09, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received (finally) an intelligent response from someone at Amazon.uk who seemed to understand completely the nature of my request. I had written to see if they could check with whatever dept. might know about this problem with the corrected audio discs replacing the old inventory of discs with the lossy tracks.

Obviously, if the e-mail I got from Alliance/Momentum was correct, and there doesn't seem like a reason it wouldn't be, the company has been in contact with the retailers about the problem.

I just wanted to get a confirmation that the new inventory will be the corrected inventory of if they've been selling the corrected inventory for a while now. I've been waiting forever to get this and would prefer to get it one time and not have to exchange it.

I personally prefer this version over the US one because I believe the commentary is better for a film like this is better than a relatively short featurette, it's just a bonus that I won't be giving my money to the shitty company that released the US version.

So, I've been told they are looking into it and will provide a solid answer about it by the 18th. I'll post their response when I get it. My copy is still in the "ships within 7 to 11 days" status, so I'm hoping they'll confirm only good copies are going out now and I won't have to cancel.
Old 12-14-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Actually, as of the past couple of months VAT is now being removed from the stuff being fulfilled by Amazon's Preferred Merchant. I've placed several orders in the past month and this has been the case every time.
Interesting news. I hadn't realized that, and was usually discouraged when I saw an item was from indigostarfish, since I knew I wasn't getting a deduction for the VAT.
Old 12-14-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I should be getting my copy any day so I'll post what I got. Funny thing is I had a 3 disc order from Amazon UK ship the day after and I got that today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.