Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Originally Posted by Adboy151
So far no charge yet, even though my covers have been shipped back.

My guess is they actually charge when they process your returns and get ready to ship your replacement BDs.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do one charge for shipping and one for product.
The covers were shipped back already? I figured they were going to keep the covers...and don't recall the promotion mentioning they would be returned.
Old 04-29-09, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wait - they ship the covers back? If this is true...
Old 04-29-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the covers are coming back to us. He's probably referring to shipping the covers back to Warner. Why would they waste the return postage?
Old 04-29-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

How long did it take you guys' delivery confirmation to show up in the system (not delivered but just showing up tracked)? I dropped mine off at the post office yesterday and it has yet to register with the USPS tracking system. The clerk just grabbed it and set it to the side and said they didn't need to run it thru the system at that point since it was postage paid. I thought this was strange but went about my business.
Old 04-29-09, 12:14 PM
Suspended

delivery confirmation is rarely updated until the package is actually delivered.
Old 04-29-09, 02:29 PM

Between the two threads on this program, I haven't seen anyone with a definite answer about the disappearance of Planet Earth, but I just got this back from Customer Service:

"Unfortunately, they're having an issue with Planet Earth. I believe the problem is that there are two versions. We don't want to disappoint anybody by sending the wrong item, so they're still working on that process. I can't guarantee that they'll add it back to the web page, but I honestly believe it will be added back, and if they do, it shouldn't take a long time."

So it sounds like good news, so long as they settle on the Attenborough version.
Old 04-29-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yay! Thanks for posting that info.
Old 04-29-09, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX
Between the two threads on this program, I haven't seen anyone with a definite answer about the disappearance of Planet Earth, but I just got this back from Customer Service:

"Unfortunately, they're having an issue with Planet Earth. I believe the problem is that there are two versions. We don't want to disappoint anybody by sending the wrong item, so they're still working on that process. I can't guarantee that they'll add it back to the web page, but I honestly believe it will be added back, and if they do, it shouldn't take a long time."

So it sounds like good news, so long as they settle on the Attenborough version.
I hope so too.
Old 04-29-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So even though I had a window up with old prices, when I went to checkout the prices updated to the new costs. However, it did keep Planet Earth BBC in my cart.

And then my browser crashed. Apparently the cart is not saved in cookies either.

Will wait until they update with PE. Hope they don't keep upping the prices though.
Old 04-29-09, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Dang it! I want PE, actually most of all the titles, but I do NOT want to pay a seperate shipping charge for it.
Old 04-29-09, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Did a second order with 8 more including the Ocean's and That's Entertainment sets. May do a third later, but want to wait and see if Charlie and the Chocolate factory hits BD.
Old 04-29-09, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evidently, Ocean's 11 pixelates a bit. I guess I'll be upgrading my discs after all (as soon as they add PE back to the list). If I'm going to do some, I might as well do them all.
Old 04-29-09, 07:22 PM

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about purchasing a used copy of a Warner HD DVD from the various marketplaces in order to upgrade to Blu: Be sure and ask the seller if it comes with the original cover art before buying. I purchased a "Like New" copy of Casablanca for $9.99 on Half.com after hearing about this upgrade offer. I received the disc today with an obvious scanned printout on plain white paper instead of the original cover. Apparently some douchebag thought he could pull one over on an unsuspecting customer.

Any ideas on how I should handle this?
Old 04-29-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't fully know about half.com but on ebay you can file a dispute saying that the item was not as described. You can then request a refund or other types of intervention. If you paid with paypal you can also dispute with them.

But first things first, contact the seller and see about working out a resolution.
Old 04-29-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clintilona
Any ideas on how I should handle this?
You can force a refund. Contact the buyer and if that doesn't work contact Half.com. The item is not as described and you can get your money back.
Old 04-29-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
How long did it take you guys' delivery confirmation to show up in the system (not delivered but just showing up tracked)? I dropped mine off at the post office yesterday and it has yet to register with the USPS tracking system. The clerk just grabbed it and set it to the side and said they didn't need to run it thru the system at that point since it was postage paid. I thought this was strange but went about my business.

USPS tracking website is absolutely useless. I'm not sure why they even have the feature on their website because the progress of your packages never gets updated.
Old 04-30-09, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by darkside
You can force a refund. Contact the buyer and if that doesn't work contact Half.com. The item is not as described and you can get your money back.
Actually, clintilona isn't being entirely forthcoming. The item description stated:

"The original insert has been mailed in to Warner Bros. for a rebate. A high-quality copy is included, so it will look the same as new if you purchase for your own collection."

Unfortunately, he didn't read the description before purchasing. And I can safely say the seller offered him a full refund with return shipping if he would return the disc, but he refused and instead chose to leave a negative feedback.
Old 04-30-09, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Actually, clintilona isn't being entirely forthcoming. The item description stated:

"The original insert has been mailed in to Warner Bros. for a rebate. A high-quality copy is included, so it will look the same as new if you purchase for your own collection."

Unfortunately, he didn't read the description before purchasing. And I can safely say the seller offered him a full refund with return shipping if he would return the disc, but he refused and instead chose to leave a negative feedback.
In that case I have no sympathy for clintilona. On top of all that he left the seller a negative?? Not cool! I hope the seller can have that negative removed because that's BS.
Old 04-30-09, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently some douchebag thought he could pull one over on an unsuspecting customer.
Sounds like he succeeded.
Old 04-30-09, 08:39 AM

Then why not put that information in the seller's comments where it belongs? Instead, the comments were "Like New: Bought new, watched once, disc in perfect condition." How is not including the original cover art considered "Like New" condition? I guess the seller is hoping that people, like me, do not click the link for "more info" to take them to a separate page to get the information listed above. Would it be hard to add one more line to the end of that description stating "Included cover art not original."? Not at all, but that sure would hurt the chance of the item selling.

And I can safely say the seller offered him a full refund with return shipping if he would return the disc, but he refused and instead chose to leave a negative feedback.
There was no refund offered with return shipping, which is all I was asking for. I am not going to pay to send this back when the seller intentionally lists his items that way. I have almost 1,000 eBay feedback and just under 200 on Amazon and I know better than to list my items in that way. If there is something about your item that any buyer may have a problem with, you put that information out there at the forefront, not buried on a second page of additional information.
Old 04-30-09, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by danicus007
In that case I have no sympathy for clintilona. On top of all that he left the seller a negative?? Not cool! I hope the seller can have that negative removed because that's BS.
Nope. It was entirely deserved. This seller is shady and trying to pretend that he is not. People need to know.
Old 04-30-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Then why not put that information in the seller's comments where it belongs? Instead, the comments were "Like New: Bought new, watched once, disc in perfect condition." How is not including the original cover art considered "Like New" condition? I guess the seller is hoping that people, like me, do not click the link for "more info" to take them to a separate page to get the information listed above. Would it be hard to add one more line to the end of that description stating "Included cover art not original."? Not at all, but that sure would hurt the chance of the item selling.
The comment was in the item description. I can't imagine buying a used item without reading the description. The way I look at it, the headline (Bought new, watched once, disc in perfect condition) gets someone to click on my item and then the description fully explains the condition. I wasn't trying to hide anything and just, apparently mistakenly, assumed any buyer of a used movie would read the description.

There was no refund offered with return shipping, which is all I was asking for. I am not going to pay to send this back when the seller intentionally lists his items that way. I have almost 1,000 eBay feedback and just under 200 on Amazon and I know better than to list my items in that way. If there is something about your item that any buyer may have a problem with, you put that information out there at the forefront, not buried on a second page of additional information.
You were offered a full refund with reimbursement for actual return shipping costs upon return of the movie. Your response was basically a 'screw you, I'd rather ruin your 100% feedback'.
Old 04-30-09, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nope. It was entirely deserved. This seller is shady and trying to pretend that he is not. People need to know.
I've sold items off and on through ebay and half.com for nine years. Yours is the second 'issue' I've ever had with a sale. The first was someone who accidentally bought two copies of a game and wanted to return one, which I allowed them to do.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I've added your 'Included cover art not original' to each description of the remaining movies I have up for sale. Thanks for offering a succinct way of stating it.

Last edited by maxfisher; 04-30-09 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=maxfisher;9417557]The comment was in the item description. I can't imagine buying a used item without reading the description. The way I look at it, the headline (Bought new, watched once, disc in perfect condition) gets someone to click on my item and then the description fully explains the condition. I wasn't trying to hide anything and just, apparently mistakenly, assumed any buyer of a used movie would read the description.[QUOTE]

As someone who had never purchased anything from Half.com, I was not aware there was additional information. It's not like Amazon where if the seller has more to say about an item, the comments about the item being Like New and watched once would be followed by "..." and then the link "( » more )", which is where you could get more info.

Apparently you want any potential buyers out there to think they will be getting a "Like New" item. Then, if they are experienced enough, they will know that you have to open up a more detailed description via a link at the far right of the page next to shipping info to find out that the item is not anything close to being "Like New".

If I see one seller listing an item on the main item page stating "Bought new, watched once, disc in perfect condition." while others are saying "Case wear and/or marks. DVD LIKE NEW! 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Our...", I assume that you left your comments short because that is all that needs to be said. Especially if the item is "Like New" Basically, if it is "Like New", I should be getting a brand new item minus the shrinkwrap.

Very deceptive...And you still haven't stated why you couldn't add one little line in the comments alerting people to the copied cover.
Old 04-30-09, 09:21 AM

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I've added your 'Included cover art not original' to each description of the remaining movies I have up for sale. Thanks for offering a succinct way of stating it.
I'm very happy to see this. I will PM you to discuss removing the negative and working out a refund.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.