HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Longest Day - Re-Release?

Old 03-10-09, 08:08 PM

Longest Day - Re-Release?

I was just about to order The Longest Day from Amazon.ca and it is now listed as a pre-order for Mar.31/09. Was listed as released in 2008 last couple of days.

DeepDiscount has also changed the date to Mar.31/09.

And DD has also changed the date of A Bridge To Far to Mar.31/09 as well.

Never seen this before. Usually if something goes out of stock they just list it that way but don't change the original release date.

Anyone hear anything on this? Are/did the studios fiddle with the releases and recall the original ones?

Thanks,

James
Old 03-10-09, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: Longest Day - Re-Release?

It looks like it might just be a reprice. Some sites treat reprices as completely new releases.
Old 03-10-09, 08:40 PM

Not sure about that. DD is well known for always fiddling with the prices (up and down) on a regular basis but I have never seen them change the release date.

The date being what it is now means they won't ship, I guess, till the 31st as well.

James
Old 03-10-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I just can't picture them being re-releases considering that neither of these are exceptionally high profile catalog titles, their initial Blu-ray releases are less than a year old, and there haven't been any solicitations about a re-release floating around. The price is also listed $5 lower than originally listed, if I'm not completely misremembering.