Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica: Complete Series Blu-ray Collection -- July 28th

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Battlestar Galactica: Complete Series Blu-ray Collection -- July 28th

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Battlestar Galactica: Complete Series Blu-ray Collection -- July 28th

Originally Posted by Mike86
Was interested in picking this up but no way will I be getting it at that price.
Same here. It's too much for me to spend at once, but I can understand the price. Just think of the SD seasons. If you spent $40 for 2.0, 2.5, 4.0, and 4.5 when they were released, that's $160 right there, just for two seasons. Then tack on at least $100 more for S1 and S3, and suddenly the SD complete set costs as much as the BD set. So the price isn't really that bad, considering what people spent who bought the SD's right away.

I have S1 on HD-DVD, and own 2.0, 2.5, and S3. I returned my 4.0 as soon as the BD set was announced. So for me, I'd be spending $250 for 3 seasons in HD (since I already own one), and 2 of those 3 seasons I already own in SD. For anyone who already owns a version of these, I can't justify the price. For anyone who held off buying BG, this is a fair price.
Old 04-23-09, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Never seen the show but Caprica intrigues me...is that something I can watch without ever seeing BSG before?
Old 04-23-09, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Never seen the show but Caprica intrigues me...is that something I can watch without ever seeing BSG before?
Absolutely. You may not pick up on some of the more subtle stuff right away, but it works pretty well as a stand-alone.
Old 04-24-09, 10:28 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Loved the original BSG, did not at all enjoy the mini-series. But gave it another chance and loved the opening episode of S1. Can't imagine any sci-fi fan not being hooked by 33. Loved the first two and a half seasons, then DVR overfilled and I decided to wait for the eventual complete series. One of the top ten series of all time imo, assuming the final couple seasons held up. Looking forward to enjoying the entire series in a marathon month later this year.
Old 04-30-09, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

This is in my Gold Box/Quick Picks today for: $232.74.

I've only seen season 1 so far, so I'm willing to wait some more.
Old 06-19-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heads up! Amazon is SLOWLY decreasing the pre-order price of this set as it gets closer to release....

Originally 30% off at $244.99, I have watched it go to 31% ($241.49), then 32% off (237.99), but now it has dropped to $219.99 (37% off)!

I'm hoping for a full 40% off soon, which would make it $209.99, but I'm not going to hold back over ten bucks....
Old 06-19-09, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Definetly not, I already started to sell off my DVD's to recoup the cost. I just pre-ordered because it's already at a price i'm comfortable with.
Old 06-19-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still don't know if it's actually "confirmed" that DVDPlanet is having it's 20/25% off sale, but that is where I was planning on getting this with my $184 store credit I have there, plus the last couple of things I pre-ordered through them have shipped a week or more early.
Old 06-22-09, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so... are all the spin offs included as well?
Old 06-23-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cactusoly
so... are all the spin offs included as well?
I'm not sure what you are defining as a "spin off"....the only actual spin off from BSG is the upcoming prequel series Caprica, of which the pilot has only been released onto DVD (and is not included in this set)....

If you mean ancillary stuff like the webisodes, apparently the last series of which they made, "The Face Of The Enemy" is not being included....also, "The Plan" TV movie that is not being aired until November is also not being included, as it apparently is not being considered as part of the actual "series" the same way that Razor and the original mini-series is....

Hopefully the eventual home release of "The Plan" (which has already been confirmed by Olmos to be a much longer version, 126 minutes compared to the 88 minute to be aired version) will have "The Face Of The Enemy" on there as bonus material....

Last edited by WMAangel; 06-23-09 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-25-09, 03:51 PM
Suspended

ah.. balls..

I was hoping it would be a more "complete set". I could understand The plan not being on there since it's not even out yet, but I was at least hoping for the webisodes to be in the set, and razor too.

I guess they're just holding out for the Super Ultimate Special Collectors Anniversary Frakitty Frak Edition that they'll announce during the season finale of Caprica

Last edited by necros; 06-25-09 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-25-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd be really surprised if the Razor episode was not included... it was part of the S4: Part I set for cryin' out loud.

Webisodes I could care less about. I think that my magic price for this set is $160. If they can hit that, I'm biting.
Old 06-25-09, 04:07 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
I think that my magic price for this set is $160. If they can hit that, I'm biting.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the individual sets then? Haven't they been hitting $20?

Never mind, forgot which thread/forum I was in.
Old 06-25-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

WTF @ Face of the Enemy not being included. Not that it was great or anything, but it takes place direclty between S4 Part 1/2, and should be part of it. The Plan I can understand, but this?
Old 06-25-09, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by necros
I was hoping it would be a more "complete set". I could understand The plan not being on there since it's not even out yet, but I was at least hoping for the webisodes to be in the set, and razor too.
"Razor" IS in this set, as well as the other webisodes other than "The Face Of The Enemy" series....no one knows exactly why TFOTE is not on the set, but people are hoping they can get any issues with it worked out so it will show up on the eventual DVD/BD release of "The Plan"....
Old 06-29-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is being released in the UK on September 21. Two months after the US release but a lot cheaper: £114.98 at Amazon UK. After VAT removal it's £99.98 ($165.27 at today's exchange rate plus a bit for conversion). Plus £3.08 for shipping to the US. And it's likely to get cheaper before it's released.

Of course there are the usual questions of being region free and if content is the same. It will almost certainly be region free as Universal BDs are and we will know more about other things as we get closer to the release date.

I waited extra time for the British Batman set and got it a lot cheaper than the US set.

I'm preordering the British set today. If there's any problem it's easy to cancel.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-G...6291212&sr=1-1

Last edited by movielib; 06-29-09 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-29-09, 10:32 AM

The Australian release is due on 12th August and looks to be the same as the UK version - just a lot more expensive (EzyDVD has it for AUD369.97, about USD260 after removal of GST). Looks like the UK release is the one to go for. Time to cancel my Amazon US order.
Old 06-29-09, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by movielib
It is being released in the UK on September 21. Two months after the US release but a lot cheaper: £114.98 at Amazon UK. After VAT removal it's £99.98 ($165.27 at today's exchange rate plus a bit for conversion). Plus £3.08 for shipping to the US. And it's likely to get cheaper before it's released.

Of course there are the usual questions of being region free and if content is the same. It will almost certainly be region free as Universal BDs are and we will know more about other things as we get closer to the release date.

I waited extra time for the British Batman set and got it a lot cheaper than the US set.

I'm preordering the British set today. If there's any problem it's easy to cancel.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-G...6291212&sr=1-1
Wow, that looks like the set for me. Great price but is it going to be region free? Extra's I'm not so concerned about as long all the episodes are included.
Old 07-02-09, 03:52 PM

I think the big question is if the last set of webisodes ("Face of the Enemy") will or will not be included.

Last edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky; 07-02-09 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-24-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got mine today & took a few pics to show what the packaging is like.

The figure is on top of the box in kind of like a coffin.

Old 07-24-09, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the pics! Does it look like there would be any space to put another Blu-ray Disc? Namely, The Plan?
Old 07-25-09, 10:31 AM

Amazon dropped their price to 209.99
Old 07-25-09, 03:12 PM

I was going to get this with the DD sale but after RZ certificates i've been saving it will cost about the same plus no shipping!!
Old 07-28-09, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel
"Razor" IS in this set, as well as the other webisodes other than "The Face Of The Enemy" series....no one knows exactly why TFOTE is not on the set, but people are hoping they can get any issues with it worked out so it will show up on the eventual DVD/BD release of "The Plan"....
According to TVShowsOnDVD, The Face Of The Enemy is not included with The Plan.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...The-Plan/12321
Old 07-28-09, 05:44 AM

Can't wait to pick mine up today. Although after reading a few reviews about the cases I'm thinking about picking up 20 of these guys and waiting for someone more graphically inclined than I to make some cover art (And an episode guide)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.