Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Ghost" image from Blu-Ray menus

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-06-09, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried searching for this topic, but found nothing except for burn-in so hopefully someone has had this same problem.

I have a Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray and an Olevia 232-S12 HDTV. When I watch 3 particular blu-rays (Wall-E, The Dark Knight, and Friday the 13th) I notice there is a ghost image that originates from the menu screens. For "The Dark Knight" it happens on the BD Live menu. Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't, but I feel the longer the menu is on the screen the more likelihood there will be a "ghost" image. It's easy to fix by just turning off the player. Then a line pops up at the top of the image and seems to "correct" the problem. Turn the player back on and it's fine.

The only way I notice the image is when the screen goes black or I stop the disc and the player's menu is onscreen. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it the TV or the player that's causing the issue?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: "Ghost" image from Blu-Ray menus

How are the two devices connected?
Old 02-06-09, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
How are the two devices connected?
HDMI cable
Old 02-07-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a huge thread at AVSForum for this particular TV where several people mention the ghosting problem, but no one seems to know how to fix it. If it is still under warranty, I would return it for a new set, since that doesn't seem like a normal problem.
Old 02-07-09, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
There is a huge thread at AVSForum for this particular TV where several people mention the ghosting problem, but no one seems to know how to fix it. If it is still under warranty, I would return it for a new set, since that doesn't seem like a normal problem.
Thanks. I tried to go through it, but 45 pages of random complaints and ramblings were too much for me. The problem is a minor inconvenience that I'll just chalk up to a cheap TV. It was like a "My First HDTV" anyway. Next year I'll buy a beefier one.

Last edited by jdugger2; 02-08-09 at 08:04 AM.