DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Da Vinci Code Scheduled for April 28th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/549125-da-vinci-code-scheduled-april-28th.html)

TylerDurden_73 02-02-09 06:24 PM

Da Vinci Code Scheduled for April 28th

Blu-ray.com

On the official website for the upcoming film 'Angels & Demons', Sony has revealed that they will bring 'The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut' to Blu-ray on April 28th to coincide with the theatrical release. No technical specs have been announced at this time, though you can expect to see 1080p AVC video accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack. No special features have been announced at this time.

edited to add:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the special features and technical specs for the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut', which is due to hit store shelves on April 28th. The release, which is being released two weeks before the theatrical release of Tom Hanks new film 'Angels & Demons', will be presented on a two-disc set utilizing 2.40:1 1080p AVC video accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

Extras for this release include:

Disc 1
Cinechat
NEW Select Scenes Commentary with Director Ron Howard
Unlocking the Code Interactive Picture-in-Picture (I-PIP)

Disc 2
Featurettes Include First Day on the Set with Ron Howard
A Discussion With Dan Brown
A Portrait of Langdon
Who is Sophie Neveu?
Unusual Suspects
Magical Places
Close-up on Mona Lisa
The Filmmakers' Journey
The Codes of The Da Vinci Code
The Music of The Da Vinci Code
Book to Screen
The Da Vinci Props
The Da Vinci Sets
Re-creating Works of Art
The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code
Scoring The Da Vinci Code
La Partie Francaise Du Da Vinci Code

King Elessar 02-02-09 07:50 PM

Re: Da Vinci Code Scheduled for April 28th

And of course the mandatory Free Movie Cash for Angels & Demons! What a predictable release.

Daytripper 02-02-09 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by King Elessar (Post 9240856)
And of course the mandatory Free Movie Cash for Angels & Demons! What a predictable release.

So? It's not out yet on BD. I'll get it. And use the Movie Cash to see "Angels and Demons".

These types of releases to coincide with a sequel or the like will most likely never change. But, again, as long as this has not yet been released yet on BD (and it hasn't), I don't see the big deal.

Mr.Briggs 02-02-09 08:57 PM

I sure hope they release it on sd dvd too. I passed on the first release because I knew an extended cut was going to come and they'd better not make it blu ray only. I'm very happy for everybody that's gone blu but there's no reason not to release it in both formats.

beebs 02-02-09 09:39 PM

Another release I may pick up. Hopefully the movie cash is for $10.50, and has a decent expiration window. :)

Movies I want/need have been coming regularly lately. Now I need a big sale. :)

-beebs

RocShemp 02-02-09 10:47 PM

I seriously need to rent this. I was never interested in the book (even less when the ending was spoiled to me when I asked someone "was it a good book?") but the bits I've seen of the movie on TV have kept me entertained.

Overpar 02-03-09 10:52 AM

http://media.movieweb.com/prod/K/g/e...hd9P4Kge_l.jpg

SPRBD 02-03-09 12:09 PM

Odd that the cover art does not mention the extended cut. Is that the official art.

Grain 02-03-09 12:27 PM

I've had the Korean DVD with the extended cut for at least a year and haven't watched it yet, so I'll be giving this a miss. Looking forward to Angels and Demons though.

Drexl 02-03-09 01:23 PM

Is this going to have the original cut as well?

Artman 02-03-09 02:13 PM

Art is different on the Angels & Demons site, and it mentions the extended cut...

Giles 02-03-09 03:02 PM

here's this conversation ( ;) ) the artwork for the bluray in post #13 is different and states 'extended cut' on the cover

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...-cut-when.html

SPRBD 02-04-09 05:17 PM

If it only contains the extended cut, I'll probably keep the original DVD when I buy the Blu-ray, instead of replacing it.

ranitasus 02-07-09 06:58 PM

nice

RocShemp 02-07-09 10:52 PM

I finally rented this and really enjoyed it. The whole Pagan sex ritual flashback was a WTF moment but I really got into the film as a whole. Definitely look forward to purchasing the BD. :)

RocShemp 02-07-09 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Overpar (Post 9241912)

Hmm. I prefer the top cover. The second is potientially a spoiler.
Spoiler:
It gives the glass pyramid more prominence than the actual film does (at first) and would probably clue in first-time viewers as to its importance way too early thus ruining the fun of the journey.

tylergfoster 02-08-09 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 9252297)
Spoiler:
It gives the glass pyramid more prominence than the actual film does (at first) and would probably clue in first-time viewers as to its importance way too early thus ruining the fun of the journey.

Spoiler:
I think the audience knows the movie has museums in it. I don't think it's much of a giveaway.

Defiant1 02-08-09 03:28 PM

I don't think it's a spoiler. Everyone knows the Mona Lisa is an important part of the movie and it's in the Louvre and the pyramid is the most iconic physical aspect of the museum. Besides the movie is three years old at this point. Pretty much everyone who wants to have seen it has seen it by now.

RocShemp 02-09-09 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 9252359)
Spoiler:
I think the audience knows the movie has museums in it. I don't think it's much of a giveaway.

Spoiler:
I meant the pyramid itself, given what turns out to be under it. :P

I just saw it recently, Defiant1.
Spoiler:
Had that been on the cover, Langdon's throwaway comment about it when he first meets Fache would have made me pause. Then when the whole conversation about the pagan symbols for male and female had happened I would have already figured out where the "prize" at the end of their journey was hidden.
The way the whole film is structured, they give you the answer right off the bat but you don't really notice 'til closer to the end. That's why I consider the new cover a spoiler. No need to ruin it for those who still haven't seen it.

tylergfoster 02-11-09 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 9254319)
Spoiler:
I meant the pyramid itself, given what turns out to be under it. :P

Well, yeah, but it's still a museum.

I just saw that DVDactive posted this for another region: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...d-edition.html. I don't think anyone will be shocked if these features migrate to the US.

christhn 02-16-09 03:05 PM

Are we going to get a standard DVD release of this?!

gryffinmaster 02-16-09 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 9252297)
Hmm. I prefer the top cover. The second is potientially a spoiler.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, the Louvre's structure is emphasized pretty heavily at the beginning of the book anyway, right as Langdon and Fache meet for the first time. But I get where you're coming from.

TylerDurden_73 02-17-09 05:22 PM

Edited first post

dolphinboy 02-17-09 05:33 PM

I thought the first film was mediocre and not really something I could see myself re-watching often, so we'll just see the 2nd film in the theaters and if it's a much better experience (much better film), then I'd grab this on sale because I'd know that I'd be purchasing the sequal ob BD eventually.

E Unit 02-17-09 05:38 PM

Thanks for the update Tyler. Looks like they ported over all of the extras from the Region 3 Korean set. I never got the Region 1 special edition, so I don't know if it contains the same extras.