Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil Degeneration specs...

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IGN is reporting...

Resident Evil's Degeneration Preview

by David McCutcheon

November 18, 2008 - On December 30, 2008, Capcom and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Resident Evil: Degeneration on DVD, Blu-ray and PSP UMD. The computer-animated film follows the lines of the videogame series rather than the movie series, and stars Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield, the co-headliners of Resident Evil 2. It will contain bonus materials and extra features, and the DVD will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $27.96, while the Blu-ray will run for the MSRP of $39.95. The UMD will cost you $24.94.

Here's the official synopsis:

"Responding to a Level 5 Alert, Special Agent Leon Kennedy, joined by Claire Redfield, discover flesh devouring zombies rampaging throughout Harvardville Airport. After rescuing Senator Davis from a grisly death, the pair learn that Curtis, a revenge-seeking terrorist, has masterminded the attack. Before they can catch him, Curtis injects himself with a sinister G virus and morphs into a monster. Can Leon and Claire take down the mutated man-creature before he annihilates the planet or will the infectious, deadly virus take over the world?"

The Resident Evil: Degeneration Blu-ray will feature the following bonus materials:

Resident Evil 5 videogame trailers

The Generation of DEGENERATION Featurette

Character Profiles

Voice Bloopers

Faux Leon Interview

Resident Evil: Degeneration Trailers

"BonusView" Interactive PiP: Viewers will have the unprecedented ability to access one of three picture-in-picture streams at any point during the film.

Pop-Up Trivia Track

Picture-in-Picture (I-PIP)Compatible Blu-ray™ players and PlayStation 3 use an Ethernet or wi-fi connection to access a remote, studio supported web portal where exclusive content and previews can be downloaded directly to the BD player

Last edited by TylerDurden_73; 11-20-08 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-20-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will contain bonus materials and extra features, and the DVD will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $27.96, while the Blu-ray will run for the MSRP of $39.95. The UMD will cost you $24.94.
Old 11-20-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Better DEGENERATE those MSRPs. In any case, it's available at Amazon for Pre-order for $24.99 on Blu.
Old 11-20-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone seen this film?

Somewhere I read about it not being the quality (animation) of FF:TSW -- it was like watching the animatics of the video games.

Not too promising -- But I do have a guilty pleasure for this trilogy (minus pt.2 )
Old 11-20-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Not too promising -- But I do have a guilty pleasure for this trilogy (minus pt.2 )
Degeneration has nothing to do with the Milla Jovovich movies. It's a direct spin-off from the games.

The character in the cover art looks like she could be Sarah Michelle Gellar's little sister.
Old 11-20-08, 04:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
The character in the cover art looks like she could be Sarah Michelle Gellar's little sister.
Wow, I can see that. Freaky.
Old 11-20-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quite obviously not part of the trilogy...
Old 11-20-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Hopefully this will be cannon regarding the game series. I remember an early rumour that this was supposed to tread the line between the Milla Jovovich films and the games. I hope that's not true as I want some proper closure to Leon and Claire's story and it seems RE5 (although ending the series) wont provide that.
Old 11-21-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Hopefully this will be cannon regarding the game series. I remember an early rumour that this was supposed to tread the line between the Milla Jovovich films and the games. I hope that's not true as I want some proper closure to Leon and Claire's story and it seems RE5 (although ending the series) wont provide that.
Well, I for one hope that it's self-contained enough to make sense to people (like me) who haven't played all the games. That Final Fantasy VII movie is completely impenetrable.
Old 11-21-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the first eight to ten minutes are viewable on ign.com or youtube
Old 11-21-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Well, I for one hope that it's self-contained enough to make sense to people (like me) who haven't played all the games. That Final Fantasy VII movie is completely impenetrable.
Actually, it's somewhat impenetrable even if you have played the games since (A) it features a semi-major character that only appeared in some novel that was published after the game and only a few people outside of Japan have ever read, (B) the whiney trio that never appeared or where so much as suggested in the game, (C) and inexplicably had characters completely backpedal their story arcs from the game (I'm looking at you Cloud).

Honestly, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is a lousy movie that is only watchable because of it's great action sequences. I much preffered Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Although a flawed sci-fi/new age movie, it at least offered a coherent plot and rather likeable (albeit shallow) characters.
Old 11-22-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
the first eight to ten minutes are viewable on ign.com or youtube
The first 8 minutes look very promising. I'll definitely be watching this.
Old 11-23-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Count me in for this one. Love anything and everything Resident Evil (except for the video game Resident Evil 4).
Old 11-23-08, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Somewhere I read about it not being the quality (animation) of FF:TSW -- it was like watching the animatics of the video games.
That works for me if the story is good.
Old 11-23-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
It's going to be released in Japan on 12/17 under the original "Biohazard" title.
Old 12-04-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

release date changed....

Blu-ray.com

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced they are pushing up the release date of the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'Resident Evil: Degeneration', which is now due to hit store shelves on December 27th, day-and-date with the DVD release. This is the latest in a series of studio moves to an odd street date (anything but Tuesday) and is likely done to capture part of the post-Christmas buying frenzy.

No technical specs or special features have been changed with the release date move.
Old 12-05-08, 07:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Count me in for this one. Love anything and everything Resident Evil (except for the video game Resident Evil 4).
WTH? Possibly the best part of the series and you don't like it?
Old 12-14-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Review is up: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/35663...-degeneration/

Doesn't seem promising.
Old 12-15-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
WTH? Possibly the best part of the series and you don't like it?
Are you kidding me!?!?! A true Resident Evil fan hates Resident Evil 4. They just destroyed what made the games great. Oh gee I can carry 100 guns at once. Oh gee I can use all my ammo now because around the corner there will be some goofy ass guy who will sell me as much as I want. Lame.
Old 12-15-08, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Are you kidding me!?!?! A true Resident Evil fan hates Resident Evil 4. They just destroyed what made the games great. Oh gee I can carry 100 guns at once. Oh gee I can use all my ammo now because around the corner there will be some goofy ass guy who will sell me as much as I want. Lame.
Gotta disagree with you there. I consider myself a RE fan and I felt RE4 was a well needed rebirth of the franchise.
Old 12-15-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Strafe
Gotta disagree with you there. I consider myself a RE fan and I felt RE4 was a well needed rebirth of the franchise.
It just isn't a Resident Evil game to me if it doesn't have the still backgrounds and the crappy camera angles, which made the game much more intense and scary for me.
Old 12-15-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Crappy camera angles don't make a game scary. Those were just limitations of the software at the time. RE4 kept the same tank-like control scheme from the first games but applied an over-the-shoulder camera to it. Sure, there was more action but given you could be ambushed at any corner, it was still plenty intense.

And you're exagerating about the guns and ammo. Even though you could buy whatever you need, there was only just enough money during a first playthrough to buy a handful of guns and upgrade those. Also, even if you could afford all the guns in the game, you were limited to carrying only a few of those (and some of their respective ammo) at a time.

In terms of gameplay, the minor tweaks (cos that's all they were) were a welcome breath of fresh air.
Old 12-15-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Crappy camera angles don't make a game scary. Those were just limitations of the software at the time. RE4 kept the same tank-like control scheme from the first games but applied an over-the-shoulder camera to it. Sure, there was more action but given you could be ambushed at any corner, it was still plenty intense.

And you're exagerating about the guns and ammo. Even though you could buy whatever you need, there was only just enough money during a first playthrough to buy a handful of guns and upgrade those. Also, even if you could afford all the guns in the game, you were limited to carrying only a few of those (and some of their respective ammo) at a time.

In terms of gameplay, the minor tweaks (cos that's all they were) were a welcome breath of fresh air.
I am not going to get into a pissing match about it, because obviously this is opinion based. But back in the day when RE 1 and 2 were out the camera angles in my opinion made the game much more scary.

Half the fun of the original games was the lack of ammo and know when to conserve it. Even if I did exaggerate it was still lame to me that ammo was much easier to come across. Regardless if there were limits you usually never second guessed yourself about blasting a bad guy, unlike the originals where you had to decide if you should kill this zombie now or wait until later.

I feel they had to change the format for Resident Evil 4 to compete with the new FPS now that are much more action based. Resident Evil was NEVER an action based game but they were almost forced to make it more action and in your face because thats where games are headed. Which is unfortunate.
Old 12-15-08, 04:38 PM

Well, one thing I think we'll all be able to agree on soon is that Degeneration is not good. I've seen it and it's a disappointment.
Old 12-15-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Strafe
Well, one thing I think we'll all be able to agree on soon is that Degeneration is not good. I've seen it and it's a disappointment.
That is lame, I will still have to watch it but oh well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.