Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Last BD (or, unrealistically, HD DVD) you watched?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Last BD (or, unrealistically, HD DVD) you watched?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Last BD (or, unrealistically, HD DVD) you watched?

17 Again. Good PQ. I liked the movie more than I ever expected.
Old 08-19-09, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sons of Anarchy disc one. Excellent PQ/AQ, and the show is even better the second time around.
Old 08-19-09, 09:48 AM

Twilight...

Video = Good
Audio = OK
Movie = Mediocre...at best

I borrowed this from my brother and his wife...I read the book to see what the hype was all about. I didn't like the book much and I think I liked the movie less. Glad I checked them out though...now I don't have to wonder if I'm missing out...
Old 08-19-09, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

The Third Man Criterion
Gets better every time I see it.
Old 08-19-09, 07:54 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

The DaVinci Code... I was bored.
Old 08-19-09, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck in the middle of disc 3. Can't wait for S2 to be released and for the start of S3 on Mondays.
Old 08-19-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Corlaine- Saw it in theaters once, this is the second time i've watched it on Blu Ray. The movie is great, and the pq is reference quality.
Old 08-20-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Last Starfighter on Bluray with D-Box Motion Code
Old 08-21-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Meet The Robinsons

Probably my 5th or 6th time watching it and the film is still enjoyable. Lots of laughs.
Old 08-21-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pineapple Express
Old 08-21-09, 04:31 PM

Mad Men: Season 2: Discs 1 and 2 Excellent show. Excellent PQ. My third disc is defective, so I must wait until I get a replacement to finish the season.
Old 08-21-09, 04:56 PM

The Last House on the Left (2009)

The movie looked and sounded amazing. So far I have liked both of the remakes of Craven's movies better than the originals! (The Hills Have Eyes)
Old 08-21-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tyson
The archival footage was largely crap but the docu-shot stuff was great. Audio was decent.
Old 08-21-09, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
The Last Starfighter on Bluray with D-Box Motion Code
HOw is that D-Box?
Old 08-23-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Timecop Had the VHS, the crappy FF SD and then the LD. I also bought the HD-DVD for full pop about a month before the format went belly up and the prices plummeted. It's a good thing I like this movie because I have a lot invested in it. This is why I now rent most of my movies instead of buy.

By the way, cool movie in spite of the swiss cheese plot holes. Plus some Mia Sara boobage is nice too.
Old 08-23-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Ninth Gate
Makes me miss Johnny Depp giving reserved low-key performances. I find them so much more enjoyable than all this campy crap he's been turning out the past few years. I always have enjoyed this movie, I would watch an entire franchise about an occult book detective. PQ is nothing special nor is the sound, but the movie has never looked better.
Old 08-23-09, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They did an excellent job with the motion codes they developed for the last starfighter release. the space battles really play out nicely.
Originally Posted by buckee1
HOw is that D-Box?
Old 08-23-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Apollo 13 Love that launch in DD+
Old 08-23-09, 10:48 PM

Play Time - I hadn't seen this one before, though I'd enjoyed "M. Hulot's Holiday". While the film looked very nice for its age, the film really tried my patience.
Old 08-24-09, 07:21 AM

I love you Man
Old 08-24-09, 12:54 PM

National Treasure. Really solid PQ/AQ. Another Disney winner.
Old 08-24-09, 01:07 PM

Lost: Season One
Lost: Season Two

My first time ever seeing the show through, but I'm loving everything about it so far, and the picture is amazing. I'm glad I waited for these on BD before I ever decided to watch them.

On the second disc of Season Three right now, hoping to wrap the available series up soon. Then I have to wait until December for Season Five.

Also Watched The Devil's Rejects last night, still love this movie.
Old 08-24-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You lucky bugger - experiencing Lost in a mega marathon form. Of course I loved watching it from day one and the aspect of discussion/analysis that came with that. I've been enjoying it for five years now. That's a mind trip in itself. Want to hear something funny though? I watched Seasons 1 and 2 on a 10" TV/VCR Combo with semi-crappy OTA (I didn't have cable) quality so it was below even the best standards possible for that TV set and I still loved every minute of it. Then for S3 I upgraded to a 27" regular TV (still no cable). S4 I experienced it on a 27" HDTV with OTA High Definition. I thought that was bliss. Then I got a 50" Plasma HDTV and experienced S5 OTA High Definition with varying satisfaction (PQ wise).... but watching it on Blu-ray, all the seasons, it has been one of the greatest experiences I have ever had the pleasure of having for any film or TV series. The main reason I wanted Blu-ray more than HD DVD in the first place (and wanted to upgrade to High Definition at all) was to experience Lost the way it deserved to be seen - as if I was experiencing it in an actual theater as opposed to it being just any ordinary TV series. Lost on Blu-ray was worth the wait.

Coincidentally, I experienced Season 1 and 2 of BSG on that 10" TV/VCR Combo as well (through my old PS2 DVD player) and now have the complete series Blu-ray set heading my way from Deep Discount.

I love Blu-ray. Making the decision to upgrade the way I did was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

Last edited by GenPion; 08-24-09 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-24-09, 02:34 PM

True Blood Disc 1- Not too bad, the show looks good and sounded good. As far as story is concerned it's too early to tell as there is only 2 episodes on the disc. Not bad but didn't really hook me yet.
Old 08-24-09, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
You lucky bugger - experiencing Lost in a mega marathon form. Of course I loved watching it from day one and the aspect of discussion/analysis that came with that. I've been enjoying it for five years now. That's a mind trip in itself. Want to hear something funny though? I watched Seasons 1 and 2 on a 10" TV/VCR Combo with semi-crappy OTA (I didn't have cable) quality so it was below even the best standards possible for that TV set and I still loved every minute of it. Then for S3 I upgraded to a 27" regular TV (still no cable). S4 I experienced it on a 27" HDTV with OTA High Definition. I thought that was bliss. Then I got a 50" Plasma HDTV and experienced S5 OTA High Definition with varying satisfaction (PQ wise).... but watching it on Blu-ray, all the seasons, it has been one of the greatest experiences I have ever had the pleasure of having for any film or TV series. The main reason I wanted Blu-ray more than HD DVD in the first place (and wanted to upgrade to High Definition at all) was to experience Lost the way it deserved to be seen - as if I was experiencing it in an actual theater as opposed to it being just any ordinary TV series. Lost on Blu-ray was worth the wait.

Coincidentally, I experienced Season 1 and 2 of BSG on that 10" TV/VCR Combo as well (through my old PS2 DVD player) and now have the complete series Blu-ray set heading my way from Deep Discount.

I love Blu-ray. Making the decision to upgrade the way I did was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.
I love watching my TV shows like that, I actually got the first season of BSG on HD DVD last march just as a blind buy and I LOVED it, I couldn't wait for the following DVD seasons to go on sale so I bought everything I could at full price. I felt BSG was totally worth it.

I had seen small pieces of Lost in high def on TV but forced myself not to watch because I didn't want the show to be spoiled for me. I figured since season three was out, it would just be a matter of time before they released them all because it seemed to be THE show to watch in high def, for many reasons. I'm sure Lost will become one of my favorites, just as BSG did...which I just recieved the complete series a couple of hours ago from DVDplanet...I have A LOT of watching to do. Not to mention the 27 BD's I have coming from WB...

I would have never bought any HD DVD's (I bought in right when it was going out because I wanted cheap HD content for my 32" LCD) if I knew BD's could be bought on sale so often. Either way, I love my BD's, bought my 50" Plasma for that very reason.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.